RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Challenge Game Revised 1.0

infra001

Wanderer
Two other bugs i've seen so far:

1. Players getting stuck in the arena after the duel is over.

2. Players coming out still red. (May be related to the guard whacking?)

It's been tested with (no shit) about 4,000 challenges and this is the only bugs i've seen.

Clarke76

Wanderer
infra001 said:
Two other bugs i've seen so far:

1. Players getting stuck in the arena after the duel is over.

2. Players coming out still red. (May be related to the guard whacking?)

It's been tested with (no shit) about 4,000 challenges and this is the only bugs i've seen.

1) That might be a tuff bug to find since it only occurs sometimes, but ill look over the code and see what I fine.

2) Do they come out red then return to regular noto before they got challenged? Or do they stay red? I have an idea why this might be occuring if so. I'll update you once i fix.

3) As for being gray to opponent, I'm pretty sure why this happens also.

infra001

Wanderer
1. Not sure why myself either, it's happened about half a dozen times so far.

2. They stay red after challenge, but if they rechallenge and go though it again
they will go back to the orginal counts they had.

Also will you be able to make it so they don't leave the arena red ?
Maybe make it so they go then leave the arena, as the guard whacking in towns makes it super messy when so many challenges occuring.

Also another bug I found today, some players remain in challenges after they completed the challenge.
So when they log out and log back in they die like they were in a challenge.
(I think that's the bug anyway, I was told this from another GM)

Clarke76

Wanderer
infra001 said:
1. Not sure why myself either, it's happened about half a dozen times so far.

2. They stay red after challenge, but if they rechallenge and go though it again
they will go back to the orginal counts they had.

Also will you be able to make it so they don't leave the arena red ?
Maybe make it so they go then leave the arena, as the guard whacking in towns makes it super messy when so many challenges occuring.

Also another bug I found today, some players remain in challenges after they completed the challenge.
So when they log out and log back in they die like they were in a challenge.
(I think that's the bug anyway, I was told this from another GM)

Fixed many of the bugs you mentioned just now. I'll look at why some players stay in challenge even though they won. I'll post what I have before I leave tonight (bout 1.5hrs). You can then let me know which bugs are still there ectectect. Thanks for the info.

Clarke76

Wanderer
infra001 said:
Ok let me know when the changes and posted, Thanks!

I have 12 arenas at the moment, and all 12 and in use ;)

Change the FightTimer to this in FinalGump.cs Let me know what bugs still exsist. But I believe I fixed a good many of them.

I'll update the code on main page later once I do some more revisions.
Code:
REMOVED.....added to new release.

infra001

Wanderer
From what i've seen it appears a few people who get stuck in the arena lose connection or logout... If that helps.

infra001

Wanderer
Now insted of them coming out Red and getting Whacked they come out Grey sometimes and get whacked.

If they come out Grey and don't get whacked as no NPC can see them, the player who challenged them can still attack them like before.

Added: Apprently from players, they claim when they come out grey it's not for a breif few seconds, it lasts up to 1min like normal and people can call guards on them after they come out. [I got this report from someone doing 2v2]

Clarke76

Wanderer
infra001 said:
Now insted of them coming out Red and getting Whacked they come out Grey sometimes and get whacked.

If they come out Grey and don't get whacked as no NPC can see them, the player who challenged them can still attack them like before.

Added: Apprently from players, they claim when they come out grey it's not for a breif few seconds, it lasts up to 1min like normal and people can call guards on them after they come out. [I got this report from someone doing 2v2]

Well I'll have to take a look at it. I've tested in town on my own server and they all come out blue. Maybe they were gray before making the challenge? I don't know. I'll see if i can replicate the problem....

[EDIT]
I did test it and I have no problems whatsoever.I challenge a player in a shop next to vendors. Takes me to arena. I kill opponent, both get transported back to shop not gray...don't get guard whacked....and both players blue to each other. Granted I'm only doing 1vs1 but it uses the same code. You made sure you deleted old files or copied over them?

infra001

Wanderer
This is the bug.

When someone challeneges in a town and they starting directly NEXT to them when they come out the challenge they are still set aggressor so they swing at each other, i.e. wrestle or a weapon in hand, so they go criminal and get guard whacked.

LennyL.

Wanderer
im sorta a begginer scripter and i want this script! i dont understand how to set it up i kno i have to add stuff to player mobile but i dont kno what

Protius73

Sorceror
Is this a standalone script or are their otherscripts you need to make it work cause i got an error stating Acidiclegs was not found and i didnt see any script for soemthing like that

Clarke76

Wanderer
Protius73 said:
Is this a standalone script or are their otherscripts you need to make it work cause i got an error stating Acidiclegs was not found and i didnt see any script for soemthing like that

Find this in the playerMobile:
Code:
public override ApplyPoisonResult ApplyPoison( Mobile from, Poison poison )
		{
			if ( !Alive )
				return ApplyPoisonResult.Immune;

if ( this.FindItemOnLayer( Layer.InnerLegs ) is AcidicLegs && this.FindItemOnLayer( Layer.InnerTorso ) is AcidicChest 
				&& this.FindItemOnLayer( Layer.Arms ) is AcidicArms && this.FindItemOnLayer( Layer.Helm ) is AcidicHelm  
				&& this.FindItemOnLayer( Layer.Gloves ) is AcidicGloves && this.FindItemOnLayer( Layer.Neck ) is AcidicGorget )
			{
			}

if ( Spells.Necromancy.EvilOmenSpell.CheckEffect( this ) )
				return base.ApplyPoison( from, PoisonImpl.IncreaseLevel( poison ) );

return base.ApplyPoison( from, poison );
		}
to this:
Code:
public override ApplyPoisonResult ApplyPoison( Mobile from, Poison poison )
		{
			if ( !Alive )

if ( Spells.Necromancy.EvilOmenSpell.CheckEffect( this ) )
				return base.ApplyPoison( from, PoisonImpl.IncreaseLevel( poison ) );

return base.ApplyPoison( from, poison );
		}

The files on thread have also been updated. Sorry about that mix up.

Protius73

Sorceror
Thanks that worked alot ... i do have a question though... ive messed with it a few times and it works really nice ... my questionj is this how hard would it be to make a pvp top 10 stone to allow players to see the top 10 combatants?? or even the top 50?? like a ranking system so they know where they stand.. is it possbile to do something like that and how hard would it be scripting wise??

[steel]

Wanderer
If players use stone to challenge all is fine, if players use [challenge command in felucca facet all is fine, but when players use [challenge command from malas, ilshenar or tramel they are not teleported in correct locations.

Laxaloot

Wanderer
idea

ok im a crappy scripter and i wana make a rank system like on how many wins and looses you have witht he challenging, anyone have something like that or could tell me how to do that?

Razorcheat

Wanderer
CustomMobile Error

The trouble im having when compiling is with the add on you posted with the scripts, just in one part.

Code:
Private static void OnLogout( LogoutEventArgs e )
{
	PlayerMobile pm = e.Mobile as PlayerMobile;
[COLOR=Red]	if( pm.IsInChallenge )[/COLOR]
		pm.Kill();
}

The red part of that is where im getting my error. Any and all help would be appreciated. Thank you.