RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Change EXE data

ABTOP

Sorceror
Change EXE data

Hello, i've found information about how i can change Map size with dissassamble or open in HEX editor EXE.
And im wonder how i can change size for MUL files. Tiledata for example.
Thanks

old_school

Wanderer
In theory I think you could but in pratice not sure how well the core and complier would like it. Probly be alot of recodeing.

old_school

Wanderer
I see well I think your thinking of useing reg hack most likely. Problem I belive would be conflicts. I mean its worth a shot but most likely might corrupt. But you never know till you try lol Need help pm me.

Jeff

Lord
old_school;815693 said:
I see well I think your thinking of useing reg hack most likely. Problem I belive would be conflicts. I mean its worth a shot but most likely might corrupt. But you never know till you try lol Need help pm me.

There is no way u are an MCSE btw, no way, not with this last comment... You shouldn't advertise lies..

@ABTOP: Don't listen to old_school, he is obviously just trying to look smart. Obviously they wouldnt store the size of the tiledata in the registery.... Can you elaborate on what you mean by changing the size?

arul

Sorceror
Your best bet is to ask someone who had delved into the client (or it's file formats, respectively) already.

If you want to do this yourself you can:

• Load the client in a disassembler, and find the particular constant by means of the 'trial & error' with slight pre-analysis (like searching the string table for the occurence of "mul" string and jumping wherever it's used). This way is kinda brute-force, but doesn't necessarily require neither extensive knowledge of the client nor reversing/debugging.

• Use a debugger to place a breakpoint at the file API calls (NtCreateFile but CreateFile should suffice, since [merely] all usermode file API found in Kernel32 ends up calling it.) and check the lpFileName parameter for a particular mul file name. Once you hit the file you need, walk down the stack and see from where the call originates. The odds are that you end up in some C++ constructor.

ABTOP

Sorceror
One of my friends already change Map size. He opened Client in HEX editor, search word "Felucca" and there are Felucca map size. But im not sure how save these changes. Just Save? That all? Or if i put there value higher than size for it.
Ok i know one man who already change these values, he is RuOsi creator and something tell me he won't help me)

Jeff

Lord
ABTOP;815857 said:
One of my friends already change Map size. He opened Client in HEX editor, search word "Felucca" and there are Felucca map size. But im not sure how save these changes. Just Save? That all? Or if i put there value higher than size for it.
Ok i know one man who already change these values, he is RuOsi creator and something tell me he won't help me)

As far as i know, the map sizes can be anywhere from 0 -> 65535. I would assume you just change it and save it yes. Also, ya those RuOSI guys are quite the couple of dicks. It wouldn't surprise me if they came into this thread and started talking shit now.

ABTOP

Sorceror
lol))
Any way i think i can't change map size in MapDefinition only. And Client loads only const size of map?!
RegisterMap( 0, 0, 0, 7168, 4096, 1, "Felucca", MapRules.FeluccaRules );
If search "Felucca" in client i got 7168, 4096 in binary. So if change this values client'll load new size map.

ABTOP;815863 said:
lol))
Any way i think i can't change map size in MapDefinition only. And Client loads only const size of map?!

If search "Felucca" in client i got 7168, 4096 in binary. So if change this values client'll load new size map.

There are a handful of packets sent out by the server that tell the client the map width and height, so if the client's got these received values stored somewhere, while debugging you may be hitting these values instead of the client's constraints on map size.

ABTOP

Sorceror
RunUO is'nt original server for UO but it uses original size of maps. I belive UO maps have constant size not because creators so lazy and can't draw much bigger map. Map it's arrays of tiles and as you know array size must be initialized before using. And i think this constraints set array size for each map. So i don't think what i can change map size with packets. It's only change constraints for map size or for mul size in EXE.

What I'm saying is that when you're debugging, if you're not looking at the right thing you might end up where the client's processed serverside map information.

Thilgon

Sorceror
ABTOP;815869 said:
RunUO is'nt original server for UO but it uses original size of maps. I belive UO maps have constant size not because creators so lazy and can't draw much bigger map. Map it's arrays of tiles and as you know array size must be initialized before using. And i think this constraints set array size for each map. So i don't think what i can change map size with packets. It's only change constraints for map size or for mul size in EXE.

Actually, map sizes are costant because creators are lazy.
I've read of people that, hacking the client, made it so any size map could be used. Yet, while X axis would go on till any size, the Y axis was bugged, since if a player go above 4096 Y, the map started again from the beginning.
If you didn't notice that, max Y size is always 4096, even in new SA map. Also ML map have increased X size, but not Y.
So enlarging maps is a bit pointless, because that might cause more hurts than gains...

Above that, Iris2 client can use any mapsize you want, and any map number you want (not tested by me yet, but Iris2 devs say so, and i do not doubt it), so if this is your goal, simply begin using Iris2.

Above that, modifying the client's .exe is illegal, as it is redistributing it. And if you plan on using it for a shard, well, this might cause troubles.

Above that, with probably the exception of Genesis2.5, there is no mapmaking program that can make maps different than classic sizes...

I could go on, but since i feel this is pointless, i finish here...

ABTOP

Sorceror
Ok thx, but actually i asking how change not only map size, also mul files. And i don't care about Y axis. I just curious how to do that. And won't use it for any shard. It's only for me and my knowlange.

Garret

Sorceror
As far as i know, the map sizes can be anywhere from 0 -> 65535. I would assume you just change it and save it yes. Also, ya those RuOSI guys are quite the couple of dicks. It wouldn't surprise me if they came into this thread and started talking shit now.

I'm sorry, but you was the one who talked shit just now.

As for Wyatt about whom that guy was talking about, he's already pissed of all random people asking him for help without any feedback, it's pointless to ask him =) (he never said he will help anyone)
p.s. He actually never changed anything related to client-side.

Jeff

Lord
I'm sorry, but you was the one who talked shit just now.

As for Wyatt about whom that guy was talking about, he's already pissed of all random people asking him for help without any feedback, it's pointless to ask him =) (he never said he will help anyone)
p.s. He actually never changed anything related to client-side.
Wow over 1 year later you came back to troll.... you my friend need to get a life. Everything i said in my statement is true... they have come here and trolled our forums, posted bullshit, acted like kids... why wouldn't i call them dicks.

Garret

Sorceror
Duh, i have life, i have work, just moved to Germany =)
And if you call that a troll... Have you seen any other internet besides that forum? You will find out what real troll is oO

I just would like to see people with virtue, not trolls and shit talking humanoids.
p.s. This is already an off-topic now.