RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Client Encryption - Farewell

runuo_user

Wanderer
Code:
new LoginKey("7.0.6.5", 0x2EC3ED9D, 0xA274227F)
works just fine for me

however, PLEASE stop combinin spaces and tabs! use one or another but not them both!

brodock

Sorceror
I got a bit lost on the whole thread by now...
So, if i got RunUO 2.1 and download the 2.4 version script, all I have to do is insert the new keys and it will "Just Work" or have I had to go to the german forum and try to find out some lines to change on core code, etc ?

cephario

Wanderer
Hi,
sorry for bumping in but has anyone a clue why the current client 7.0.14 is getting stuck at skill template selection in character creation with runuo2.1?
The client gets inresponsible and the server kicks him for timeout.

migzilla

Sorceror
Hi,
sorry for bumping in but has anyone a clue why the current client 7.0.14 is getting stuck at skill template selection in character creation with runuo2.1?
The client gets inresponsible and the server kicks him for timeout.
You will need to repatch your client to an earlier patch level, run uo is not updated with every client patch right away and I suspect that is your issue. I think this has been discussed in the server support area so you may want to check there for more info.

cephario

Wanderer
You will need to repatch your client to an earlier patch level, run uo is not updated with every client patch right away and I suspect that is your issue. I think this has been discussed in the server support area so you may want to check there for more info.

hmm.. but for some reason I -can- connect to some freeshards on RunUO with this client version. Wonder what I missed.

migzilla

Sorceror
Any given shard can recommend any given patch level, you need to look at their description on connect uo or their web page. What you need to do is research what client level goes to what version of run uo. If you go to the server support section and look at the posts about connection issues you can see what client pairs up with what version of run uo. It takes time for the developers of run uo to come out with a new svn that includes all the updates from EA's latest patches.