RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Client Encryption - Farewell

RavonTUS

Sorceror
Client Encryption - Farewell

Greetings,

It has been a great pleasure learning a bunch of stuff from you all. However, RL has taken over and I have other things that need attention. UO/RunUO is a great addiction and I am sure I will return some day.

Upon that I will leave you with the answer to "Why won't my client connect? All I get is client encryption error".

First, let me say, I did not come up with this answer, just applied what is posted here and there. All the answers are here, you just need to search and put them together.

First this thread it's the begin...(you want v2.2)
http://www.runuo.com/forums/custom-script-release-archive/60474-supporting-osi-client-encryption-ver-1-0-a.html

Next, you have to pick threw this thread and compare it how RunUO works...
UODEV.de :: Thema anzeigen - KR 2.48.0.3+ / 2D 6.0.5.0 changes

Then you will need the keys...
http://www.runuo.com/forums/server-support-windows/81481-client-encryption-key.html#post720055

Finally, if you put them all together you will end up with the answer. The only issues is that you may have to log on to the shard twice. It will "hang" the first time. I do not know why. If you do, post the answer and fix it for the rest of us.

Until we met again...

Update: This file has been updated to work with client 7.0.4, Windows 7, RunUO v2 Final and SVN400. It includes smjert's fix (thanks!). You will need to find the keys for 7.x.x on your own now.

-Ravon

Attachments

• RunUO-Encryption-2.3e.zip
    63.2 KB · Views: 926
  • RunUO-Encryption-2.4.zip
    54.7 KB · Views: 562

Liacs

Sorceror
Thank you very much for this. I am sorry to see you go though. I think I am not only speaking for myself when I say: Hope to see you back soon!

*hugs* Take care!

Lia

test444

Wanderer
Hi Ravon, i tried your package but look at image what it says :confused:

thx man for repply!

edit2: Ok very simliar post and upload HERE solved my problem with client encryption, however your upload was very helpful!!! Because i read readme.txt there, and etc... you can answer about these errors anyway, if someone is wondering...

many thx again man.

edit3: oh.... something is very weird about that RUNUO2 really.... because, as i posted, i had troubles with compiling Ravons encryption scripts, then i tried the second one encryption scripts, and that worked.... then i was playing with another scripts such us ML etc, but it had lot of errors, and wasted my RUNUO instalation, so i removed that, and installed RUNUO again... then i tried that second version of encryption scripts again, and it was with error! prev time not, now yes! so i tried again from the beginning, ravons encryption script, and now without errors! really weird... omg :/ hmm at least it works

Smjert

Sorceror
I'm using this one with success, thnx RavonTUS.
To avoid to log into the server twice your code need to be as this one:

Encryption11JUN2008.cs, about line 211:

Code:
else if ((m_Buffer.Length == 83 [COLOR="Red"]|| m_Buffer.Length == 21[/COLOR]) && (m_Buffer.GetPacketID() == 239)) //New Client
                {
                  [COLOR="Red"]length = m_Buffer.Length;[/COLOR]
                  byte[] m_Peek = new byte[21];
                  m_Buffer.Dequeue(m_Peek, 0, 21);

m_Seed = (uint)((m_Peek[1] << 24) | (m_Peek[2] << 16) | (m_Peek[3] << 8) | m_Peek[4]);
                  m_Seeded = true;

Buffer.BlockCopy(m_Peek, 0, buffer, 0, 21);

Console.WriteLine("Encryption: Passed - New Client");

[COLOR="Red"]// We need to wait the next packet
		    if(length == 21)
			  return;

length = 21;[/COLOR]
                }

This is because 83 is the length of 2 packets, and sometimes it arrives only one, so we have to wait the other one.

Finally, in the same file, about line 224:

Code:
else if (m_Buffer.Length [COLOR="Red"]>[/COLOR]= 4) //Old Client
{

This is because with razor and Osi encryption it sends first the 4 bytes packet and then the 65 one (the GameLogin), but without it it sends 69 bytes together, and the old code didn't enter here.

Smjert

Sorceror
No, it's the support to Osi Encryption for 2d clients, so you the players of your shard don't have to use UoRice on their client.

newuo

Sorceror
Errors:
+ Временные/1/Scripts/Encryption/Encryption11JUN2008.cs:
CS0117: Line 135: "Server.Network.Listener" не содержит определение для "End
Points"
CS0117: Line 137: "Server.Network.Listener" не содержит определение для "End
Points"

Vorspire

Knight
compiled all this stuff into my core, i remember having one or two problems, but it was easily fixed :D I still love this script! Thanks a million"

brodock

Sorceror
Connecting with wrong password puts packets on queue and after that i can't reconect again with the same account as everytime it will put packets on queue.

This hapens trying Smjert's patch with 6.0.13.0 client

Smjert

Sorceror
brodock;802001 said:
Connecting with wrong password puts packets on queue and after that i can't reconect again with the same account as everytime it will put packets on queue.

This hapens trying Smjert's patch with 6.0.13.0 client

i don't have that problem, i put the wrong password multiple times and then i was still able to login..

brodock

Sorceror
Hmmm it just doesn't work this way for me...

Do you mind re-posting the file with your modifications? I suspect that there shall be anything more to change.

Smjert

Sorceror
brodock;802076 said:
Hmmm it just doesn't work this way for me...

Do you mind re-posting the file with your modifications? I suspect that there shall be anything more to change.

I didn't do any more change.
It's a core problem, since if you try to login multiple times with a wrong password it takes more and more to verify it.. dunno why (even without encryption scripts).
Edit: it's the AccountAttackLimiter who throttles the packets if you put the wrong password.. so it's right like that.
But you still have the problem that if you put the wrong password once and then the right one it doesn't lets you enter?
Where it stucks? On verify account?
Did you updated your core with the latest svn?