RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cooperative effort to debug Static Housing.

Kamron

Knight
JJARMIS, get Visual Studio 2003. You just select all, copy/paste it into VS, and it will realign it all for you. Then copy and paste it into your favourite text editor and start working.

Poorly aligned code really bothers me too... and its a sign that someone is a horrible coder. Examples of poeple who have done that are Draco, Wyatt, etc... stay away from their scripts.

jjarmis

Wanderer
Yes, I know, it just seems to me to be such a waste to have to download a new program JUST to align someone else's crappy scripting. I dont even bother with scripts that aren't aligned anymore. If I want what a script does I'll make it myself. ^_^

Joeblow

Wanderer
Some of us are not that good to script our own stuff. Myself I am just emerging out of the cut and paste mode of scripting. I can actually write lines on my own. Not many mind you but they are starting to appear. So untill I understand it alot better than I do now. I must rely on people like Spider to help me with scripts.

koluch

Sorceror
Joeblow said:
I am haveing problems makeing this compatable with 1.0.0. Has any one else got this script to work?
We have it in after some doing. Id hate to pass you something thats incorrect, though.Will be triple checking it tomorrow so if you want Ill show you what I have done( I dont have the latest stealing bug fix in, but dont htink adding that would create any problems )

Shazzy

Brazen

Wanderer
Spider's Checklist:

Ok.. if I've got it right. what we need my dear Spidey to do is:

1) make rc1 compatable...
2) revise stealing bug fix per 1.
3) add in properly commented section where admins can determine how many static AND how many regular homes an account may hold...
4) fix Teleporting bug
5) fix Telekenesis bug (JUST remembered this one...) where you can steal via the spell same way one could steal with the skill ... as on rc0 our temporary solution was to disable the telekenesis spell... but that's hardly a fix.

Brazen
Admin: A' Ciotach As Dan
(for anyone who wonders. I actually type this sig line every time I post LOL)

Kamron

Knight
Those are too many bugs.. and to get 1.0.0 working, I deleted static houses completely. Over the next few days, or maybe this weekend, you should send it to me again with the fixes included please. I will then begin to rewrite it from scratch using the first one as a guide. I will also make sure to not to include the same bugs ;)

Most likely I will make most of BaseHouse virtual, and then override it in the StaticHouse. That will allow people to drop the script in for the most part, add the virtual keyword to a few methods and properties, and be done with it :)

Brazen

Wanderer
Ok... XxSPIDERxX is the coolest cat around.. and is busy with a redo from the ground up.

So far on the "things to make sure it does" list, we have:

Configure how many statics and how many base homes per account

Contain name of character who owns home, and account name of said character

If Account of owner is deleted building reverts to vacant / for-sale status
*resets all items to not locked or secured etc. standard clean-up stuff*

More user & staff friendly gump access.

Configurable duration of ownership... i.e. if ownership is infinite, pending decay or act deletions. Else if "lease" expires after 7 day warning, all crap goes to movingchest and goes to players bank, building reverts to vacant / for-sale status.

Also take advantage of house decay features...

Basicly work as the old one did... define regions in game off the sign's gump. define ban location doors etc.

Joeblow

Wanderer
Egarly awaits Spiders return with the new static houseing.....Spider I dunno how you do it, but I see you all over the place helping with scripts....your awesome

Atheena

Wanderer
*woots to spider* Just a cheer to keep spirits high while you do all this work :)))))

and mega big grins! Killerbeez your always right :))

Kamron

Knight
lolol
I am still working on it with what little time I have. This is crunch week for me.. I have finals, then I start class again next week for the spring semester. So hopefully I can accomplish something substantial (release wise) for everyone by the end of the weekend.

So far though, what I have done is the actual house, and its region. What I am left to do are all of the gumps, the renting/buying/selling system, and the integration of the rest of the normal housing system (which isn't much).

QFantasia

Wanderer
Will this new version that you are making (very excited about it btw Sp1der :) ), will it be compatiable with A Li N's Yard and garden system?

Joeblow

Wanderer
Spider how did your finals go? I know your busy, is there something we can do to help this script along? I am egarly awaiting the new improved version of this.

Curious is all?

Did you guys post the new version of Static Housing compatible for 1.0.0? I did not see it anywhere nor any links to it after reading this thread. I am currently trying to fix it as well but i decided to see if anyone else did and already posted it. I came upon this thread and read through it but didnt see any links.

UOT

Knight
Ignorant questions I know, but what is the difference between static houses and normal ones? What the advantage of using these compared to regular ones?

Joeblow

Wanderer
As Far as I know it has not been released yet.

Static houseing is takeing a static house like Brit Bank, and giveing it the properties of a normal player house. They are really awesome. I would charge inreal amounts for mine and they would still sell. It is kind of like the diffrence of buying an unfurnished or furnished appartment.

When you use static housing it eliminates a lot of lag as well. Non-static housing requires you to have every single tile of a tile saved in the world file and reloaded everytime the server restarts. Also, people have to download the information for each house when they go near it. Static housing is a lot better because its part of the map. And ppl alreayd have the map in their UO directory saved so they dont need to their client to download houses everytime.

Roseanne

Wanderer
I really would love to reload this script (I did a brief sampling of it b4 the conversion. Although, I hadn't really tested it fully, I really liked the concept.).

I've been reading all the posts and if I've drawn the right conclusion it isn't compatible w/RunUO 1.0.0 ??? Is this an accurate conclusion on my part? If it is, I look forward to Spider's new version :)

*Sits back and dreams about the possibilities.... build a shopping mall in, oO I can buy a store in the malll!!! A custom suburban housing complex or a gheto! Own a house or an appartment lolololol*