RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cooperative effort to debug Static Housing.

Cyndrz

Wanderer
I also am and have been watching this post. If anyone knows anything about static housing or can redirect me to a good script for this, it would be very helpful and thank you.

Kamron

Knight
Sorry you guys, I haven't forgotten. I was hoping to be able to code it while at work, but that is not possible. I am still planning on getting it finished and released, however I have real life things to attend to. If anyone wants, I can release the code, however if you want me to support it, you must contact me via ICQ so that we can work together. Anyone who takes the code and releases something by themselves will be torn apart when I go through the code and find problems with it.

Cyndrz

Wanderer
I am very happy to hear your still planning on working this script, it is one that I am very interested in. I am a newbie at the script thing in fact if there was a statues below newbie I would be in it but I would be honored to help test anything you may have now. My ICQ number I believe is listed here in my profile and when I hear from you I can send you my email address to send me what you have and send you back any feed back I have. I am a stronge believer in giving credit where it is do so as far as submitting something on my own "I dont think so" plus everyone knows I cant script so I wouldnt do that. Also I dont have a server that is up and running I am only testing right now so I dont have to worry about adding anything to a world of players, if I make a mistake I try to learn from it and then it goes to the trash can and I start over because I keep backups of everything.

Jackmorsey

Sorceror
I can't wait for this script to come out. I have used the old version on my older shards and they worked great. It'll be good to have it back on my new shard. :)

Joeku

Lord
More user-friendly? One thing that I think would be neat would be for the Owner to have the ability to give more abilities to the Co-Owners and others. Like, there is a section taht is set to a default of "No" that can allow a Co-Owner to secure an item in the house, and one that will allow a Co-Owner to set security. Maybe even just an option to give certain powers to certain players, kinda like the Ban option but not... really if you think about it, there are endless different neat things you could add. You could also give the Owner the power to make certain types of items non-lockdownable/securable, like for instance, if the Owner doesn't want to have a certain type of chair in his house cause he doesn't like it, you can have a list pop up with the different items and he can set different items to his "no" list. you can have the owner give larger strongboxes. Make voice-commands easier to use. If there is any way that I can help, there probably isn't, but if there is I would be glad to do so.

Brazen

Wanderer
Spider DEAR... you know you really want to finish this project... *with the many perks associated, like me no longer nagging you.. LOL* *GUILT GUILT GUILT* It's been mooooonths... and we all bow to your skills which we lack *kisses up*. Pweeeeeze?

Alfinus

Sorceror
We are using this script on our shard, have applied many fixes and have it working to a fair degree. But we have one nagging issue, you can secure or lockdown a container, but when you go to add an item to container it kicks it back to backpack and says you are not the owner. :/ Anyone else have this issue.