RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corpse Retrieval Stone

krazeykow

Sorceror
Corpse Retrieval Stone v1.2

Summary:
This stone was a creative idea I thought of to solve the res killing, decay, and the sinceless loss of items of one's corpse many people have in dungeons, by simply charging the player to summon the corpse to them!

*New Edition v1.2 : The stone now makes sure to bring the corpse to the player's current map, please replace old verison, 1.1 with 1.2 to get this change!!

*New Edition v1.1 : The stone now can have the price changed through props!!!*
( Note: If you have previous script it will ask to delete it, do not be alarmed, the serialization was changed, therefore it must delete the old script. )

This script will simply resurrect the player when they double click it, if dead, and will allow them to loot their corpse.. thus make sure to put it in A SAFE AREA.

As I know myself, getting killed with no defenses at your side can be a very annoying problem, especially if there is only one person in the dungeon and can never get help to get to their corpse!!

This script will open a menu asking the player if they wish to retrieve their corpse from of course, where ever they died last. Thus, saving the extra bodys and useless res kills from a monster while the player is left with nothing to defend themselves.

The script currently charges 3500 gold, but can be easily changed in the lines given within the script to whatever the owner feels it needs to be.

Description:
Place this item in an occluded area or by a res gate or healer. This way, the player can retrieve their corpse after getting res'd.

Notice:

The script will "only" retrieve the last corpse of the latest death.. so make sure this is by a res gate and away from monsters!!!!!

The script will ALSO resurrect the player on doubleclick, if they are dead!!

*Map problem fixed* Please download new version for this fix.

Also, I would like to add this is another script I have created to just show RunUO how I am moving along, while not to long ago just starting out with a script tool kit...

*Please*
Post any comments, sugestions, or bugs found within this script.. I deeply support my scripts and will do anything and everything to fix any bugs found. I would love to hear some opinions of the stone itself from anyone!!

Installation:
Place this script in your Custom Script Folder.. Thats all you need to do.

Attachments

• CorpseStone.cs
    5.2 KB · Views: 1,450

Igon

Wanderer
Nice idea, I cant count how many times I've heard... "Can you help me find my body."

One suggestion tho, might not be a bad idea to add to ankh and res gate scripts, thus avoiding having to find them scattered all over the shard.

krazeykow

Sorceror
Hmm

Howbout I make the stone ressurect the player?

This way it ressurects, gets your body, and sets you already to go :p

Any thoughts?

krazeykow

Sorceror
Ok, thanks for sugestions guys! Keep them coming, please download new version for the stone to also res when the player is dead.. All they need to do is double click it while dead.

*EDIT*

Make sure stone is put in a safe place!!

This will save bodys, reducing lag and the scattered bodys..

Enjoy!!

krazeykow

Sorceror
Thanks for the replys guys.. any other sugestions or coments would be greatly appreciated, I'm always trying to work to make this script better.

Igon

Wanderer
Also, how about setting the Price to a property, so u can charge different prices depending on the situation or just leave alone for the default price.

krazeykow

Sorceror
New version 1.1 released!!

Changes: You can now change the cost of the stone through props, the default is still set to 3,500.

( Note: If previous version is in your script folder and you replace with new one, it will ask to delete the old script, DO NOT BE ALARMED, it must do this because I had to change serialization through the script. )

*EDIT*

Thanks for ideas guys!! I would love to hear more!! I always love to know what you think of the script, so please, if you download the script, tell me what you think of it and how I can make it better!!

stormwolff

Knight
I have not tested it yet, but from the code it looks limited to one map. Like if the stone is in trammel and my corpse is in felucca it wouldn't bring the corpse to me in felucca.

krazeykow

Sorceror
*Map Problem Fixed*

stormwolff said:
I have not tested it yet, but from the code it looks limited to one map. Like if the stone is in trammel and my corpse is in felucca it wouldn't bring the corpse to me in felucca.

Thanks for the laugh, I was on my way to prove you wrong, because I remember puting the code in for the map, but somehow it got removed when I was editing..... Problem Fixed!!

Now added, the corpse will come to the players map!!
( If any other bugs are found, please PM me or post here. )

I'm still excepting new ideas!!

Enjoy!!

krazeykow

Sorceror
Sugestions?

Thanks for the suport wolf and all the others, please tell me any additions I can add on to this script to make it even more enjoyable.. any and all ideas are nice.

G

GoldDraco13

krazeykow said:
Thanks for the suport wolf and all the others, please tell me any additions I can add on to this script to make it even more enjoyable.. any and all ideas are nice.

This has been a great addition to our shard.... :)

Just want to put a idea out...nothing big....just for a more graphic appeal...have death appear and then res and grab body saying a few words before leaving...like I said it would add a nice touch to a already great script.

BTW: Great choice on the stone and hue.

krazeykow

Sorceror
Thanks Draco,

Thanks for the feed back, I am currently working on the stone to where a death like creature will be summoned and cast a spell of death or some sort, and I am wondering if you would mind testing this before I release it, just to make sure it all looks ok, since it was your idea in the first place.

Any other nice ideas would be great, too.