RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corpse Retrieval Stone

krazeykow

Sorceror
To remove the resurrecting ability,

Sorry to double post, but I was recentley PM'd on how to remove the resurrecting ability of the stone.

To do this, simpily remove the following lines within the script,

public override void OnDoubleClickDead( Mobile m )
{
Ankhs.Resurrect( m, this );
}

Its as easy as that, deleting those lines will disable the resurrecting mobile, thus solving your problem. Also, I am almost done with the version with the corpse summoner, I am just working on animation and location problems.

Rof

Wanderer
I ran into a slight problem with this stone that may be easy to fix, but I'm having issues with it.

If a player has multiple corpses is there any way to check to make sure the stone will only return a corpse with items?

I've had players pay a ton of money trying to get a corpse back, but the stone will only bring back the last corpse created.

Greystar

Wanderer
krazeykow said:
Summary:
This stone was a creative idea I thought of to solve the res killing, decay, and the sinceless loss of items of one's corpse many people have in dungeons, by simply charging the player to summon the corpse to them!

*New Edition v1.2 : The stone now makes sure to bring the corpse to the player's current map, please replace old verison, 1.1 with 1.2 to get this change!!

*New Edition v1.1 : The stone now can have the price changed through props!!!*
( Note: If you have previous script it will ask to delete it, do not be alarmed, the serialization was changed, therefore it must delete the old script. )

This script will simply resurrect the player when they double click it, if dead, and will allow them to loot their corpse.. thus make sure to put it in A SAFE AREA.

As I know myself, getting killed with no defenses at your side can be a very annoying problem, especially if there is only one person in the dungeon and can never get help to get to their corpse!!

This script will open a menu asking the player if they wish to retrieve their corpse from of course, where ever they died last. Thus, saving the extra bodys and useless res kills from a monster while the player is left with nothing to defend themselves.

The script currently charges 3500 gold, but can be easily changed in the lines given within the script to whatever the owner feels it needs to be.

Description:
Place this item in an occluded area or by a res gate or healer. This way, the player can retrieve their corpse after getting res'd.

Notice:

The script will "only" retrieve the last corpse of the latest death.. so make sure this is by a res gate and away from monsters!!!!!

The script will ALSO resurrect the player on doubleclick, if they are dead!!

*Map problem fixed* Please download new version for this fix.

Also, I would like to add this is another script I have created to just show RunUO how I am moving along, while not to long ago just starting out with a script tool kit...

*Please*
Post any comments, sugestions, or bugs found within this script.. I deeply support my scripts and will do anything and everything to fix any bugs found. I would love to hear some opinions of the stone itself from anyone!!

Installation:
Place this script in your Custom Script Folder.. Thats all you need to do.

although this might require an edit to playermobile first but how about having an array of corpses and the Stone goes through an checks the array for corpse.contains != null if true brings you that corpse otherwise it will bring you the last one... so if you dont have anything in any of your corpses you only get the last one anyway...

krazeykow

Sorceror
Greystar said:
although this might require an edit to playermobile first but how about having an array of corpses and the Stone goes through an checks the array for corpse.contains != null if true brings you that corpse otherwise it will bring you the last one... so if you dont have anything in any of your corpses you only get the last one anyway...

True.. but I would rather have them choose from a list. :]

I'm working on a clean easy to install method... I will soon try to get a new version released that will show all or atleast a number of corpses the mobile has. I will try to have it present the time of death.. etc. If anyone has any other suggestions to methods to use, please feel free to share.

*EDIT*

I'm thinking if I could have it recognize the owner if each corpse to the person who has clicked the stone and somehow have it all presented on a gump. :]

Any other ideas how I might come about doing this??

Greystar

Wanderer
krazeykow said:
True.. but I would rather have them choose from a list. :]

I'm working on a clean easy to install method... I will soon try to get a new version released that will show all or atleast a number of corpses the mobile has. I will try to have it present the time of death.. etc. If anyone has any other suggestions to methods to use, please feel free to share.

*EDIT*

I'm thinking if I could have it recognize the owner if each corpse to the person who has clicked the stone and somehow have it all presented on a gump. :]

Any other ideas how I might come about doing this??

For displaying on a Gump check spiders skillball and how it loops through the skills... I still think to get what you want the best bet will be to stick an array to store corpses on the Playermobile... I'm looking through scripts while I type this to see how other scripts store things in an Array so I can find what I want. I know how to retrieve from the array thats the easy part... But to put things into a Gump the best example ive seen for that is Spiders Skillball.