RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cursed Pirates and Artifacts

dracana

Sorceror

UPDATE Feb 14, 2006
FIXED: Issue with players losing items that were equiped while they were cursed. When uncursed, only "pirate curse" items are deleted. Any items added by player will be sent to pack in a bag named "Pirate Curse Unequiped Items". Dowload new zip and overwrite existing files (actually... the only file in package that changed is Misc\PirateCurse.cs).

UPDATE Dec. 6, 2005
FIXED: Removed an unneccesary reference to Server.Crops in CurseCommand.cs. See http://www.runuo.com/forums/showpost.php?p=451510&postcount=17 for details

Original Post
I decided to take a break from winecrafting and script a few cursed pirate mobiles along with artis and an arti distribution method that will drive players crazy!

This system includes three mobiles, a couple special items, seven artis, and a command for admins.

Mobiles...
Cursed Pirate - need to spawn & summoned when Cursed Pirate King is damaged - has a 1/20 chance of dropping cursed jugs of rum (see special items below)
Cursed Pirate King - Chance for player to summon by drinking cursed jugs of rum. This guy is tough. He is similar to Dark Father, but a bit easier. He throws cursed bottles of rum which, if not destroyed, will spawn cursed pirates or skeleton pirates.
Skeleton Pirate - Summoned when CursedPirateKing is damaged. Nothing special, just a stronger skeletal knight.​

Special Items...
Cursed bottles of rum - thrown by Cursed Pirate King. These are carveable and if cut by a blade, there is a chance to destroy them. If not destroyed, they will spawn cursed pirates and skeleton pirates.
Cursed Jug of Rum - 1/20 chance to drop in cursed pirate loot. These are the core to this system and where the fun (or frustration) begins!! The bottles can be consumed by players and will have a chance at one of the following effects...
* Nothing happens (default)
* Player is damaged (1/20 chance) - Player will receive a random amount of damage from 30 to 150... could be fatal if not careful!
* Player is temporarily cursed with the "cursed pirate" curse (1/20 chance) - This is a curse that lasts 4 minutes and basically turns the player into a cursed pirate. See details below.
* Player summons another cursed pirate (1/20 chance) - bonus chance to get another cursed jug of rum!
* Player summons the cursed pirate king (1/20 chance) - Chance at the cursed pirate artis!​
Pirate Bag - A special bag that is used when the player is cursed with the pirate curse. This bag holds all the players equipment and their title and original hue. When the curse wears off, the equipment is returned and the players hue and title are restored. This bag is placed in the players bank and is not visible.

Artifacts...
CursedPirateCutlass, CursedPirateShirt, CursedPiratePants, CursePirateBoots, CursedPirateRing, CursedPirateEarrings, and CursedPirateTricorne
All artifacts are suited to my shard. Some might think they are too strong, others will want to beef them up. Feel free to customize the attributes of each item to suit your shard.​

Commands...
pcurse - admins can use this to curse a player with the pirate curse
rpcurse - admins can use this to remove the pirate curse from a player.​

Details on the curse...
The curse basically turns a player into a cursed pirate for four minutes. This involves...
Player becomes a criminal for the duration.
All players armor/weapons worn will be transfered to the pirate bag in their bank.
Player will be equipped with cursed pirate clothing. The clothing cannot be removed for the duration of the curse.
Player will be given a title of "the Cursed Pirate".
Player is given a cursed pirate hue.
Player will be poisoned(greater). This can be cured.
Even upon death, player will remain cursed until time wears the effects off.
Players resistances, except energy, will drop by 10.

Depending on how you want to implement this, you can add one line to \Spells\Chivalry\RemoveCurse.cs, to allow players to remove this curse using Remove Curse spell...

Look for the following...
Code:
EvilOmenSpell.CheckEffect( m );
StrangleSpell.RemoveCurse( m );
CorpseSkinSpell.RemoveCurse( m );
CurseSpell.RemoveEffect( m );
and add this after...
Code:
PirateCurse.RemoveCurse ( m );

**Note**
If you would like to add cursed jugs of rum as loot on any other mobiles, simply add the following line to the mobiles OnBeforeDeath routine...
Code:
PirateCurse.CursedPirateLoot(this, 20);
where 20 is the chance to get cursed jugs of rum (i.e. 20 = 1/20).

To install, simply unrar the attached file into your customs directory. After you install, you can add "CursedPirates" using your spawner.

Have Fun!!!

Attachments

• CursedPirate_1.0.1.zip
    15.5 KB · Views: 400

Killamus

Knight
I noticed that the boots are barbed, I have yet to test this stuff, but I believe that will throw an error. Besides, then it would come out as "Barbed cursed boots of the pirate" or whatever. I don't know if you wanted this or not, but nothing has resists either.

Joeku

Lord
I haven't gotten a chance to look at this yet, but (from the description) it seems very detailed/well made. Good job, keep it up!

dracana

Sorceror
Killamus said:
I noticed that the boots are barbed, I have yet to test this stuff, but I believe that will throw an error. Besides, then it would come out as "Barbed cursed boots of the pirate" or whatever. I don't know if you wanted this or not, but nothing has resists either.

Oops. thanks for pointing that out... those boots should not be barbed. Attached is a fix for the boots. I will update the original post as well.

As for the resists, the shirt, tricorne, pants, and boots should all add resists. The rest were desinged without resists. With good armor and a full set of cursed pirate gear, all 70 resists should be attainable.

**edit * I did just notice that the shirt and pants do not add the resists as it should (This is because the layer they are set at.) Posted a fix here and in original post... Thanks Killamus

Attachments

• CursedPirateBoots.cs
    1.5 KB · Views: 73
  • CursedPiratePants.cs
    1.5 KB · Views: 67
  • CursedPirateShirt.cs
    1.7 KB · Views: 66

dracana

Sorceror
Yes, the arti's are a bit uber, but not over the the top. They were designed for my shard, which only has a few players, so people do alot of hunting on their own.

Feel free to remove some attributes or lower resists as you see fit for your shard.

rygardaman

Wanderer
player stuck as pirate

on of my players is stuck cursed it has been 10 hr i tryed the comands restarting server and the pc any ideas? thank you.

valdis

Wanderer
Read more often

rygardaman said:
on of my players is stuck cursed it has been 10 hr i tryed the comands restarting server and the pc any ideas? thank you.

Um yeah.. If you read the frist post it tells you what to do.. Just type rpcurse and target the player. Restarting your server and or PC will not do anything if there was a world save before you shut down... Good luck with that.:D

dracana

Sorceror
rygardaman said:

Did you try using the command [rpcurse on the player? If not, do that. If you did and it didn't work, you can always do it manually...
1. Open players paperdoll and delete all pirate equipment.
2. Open player bank and find pirate bag. This contains their equipment and if you use props on bag, you will see their original hue and title (if any). Return equipment to player
3. Use [props on player and restore their hue and title (using values from bag)
4. Delete pirate bag from bank.

Hope that helps.

rygardaman

Wanderer
thank you for your help

yes i did try the comands i did give his things back. i will do his hues and such tonight. my players love this script thank you for sharing it. one thing i need to know is now he is cursed all the time from the scripts point of view when he drinks more rum it say he is already under a curse so he can't be cursed again. he is the onley one so far that this hapend to. i will keep checking back to see if there is a fix. again thank you for this script awsome job hope you do more hehe;)

dracana

Sorceror
rygardaman said:
yes i did try the comands i did give his things back. i will do his hues and such tonight. my players love this script thank you for sharing it. one thing i need to know is now he is cursed all the time from the scripts point of view when he drinks more rum it say he is already under a curse so he can't be cursed again. he is the onley one so far that this hapend to. i will keep checking back to see if there is a fix. again thank you for this script awsome job hope you do more hehe;)

You will need to delete the Pirate Bag from his bank box. This is checked in the script and if there will not allow him to be cursed again.

Pyro-Tech

Knight
Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 1.0.0, Build 36918
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 0 warnings)
 - Error: Scripts\Custom\New Scripts\NPC's\Monsters\CursedPirate\Commands\CurseC
ommand.cs: CS0234: (line 3, column 20) The type or namespace name 'Crops' does n
ot exist in the class or namespace 'Server.Items' (are you missing an assembly r
eference?)
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
 - Press return to exit, or R to try again.

fresh download and it throws this....

dracana

Sorceror
Oops!

Pyro-Tech said:
Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 1.0.0, Build 36918
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 0 warnings)
 - Error: Scripts\Custom\New Scripts\NPC's\Monsters\CursedPirate\Commands\CurseC
ommand.cs: CS0234: (line 3, column 20) The type or namespace name 'Crops' does n
ot exist in the class or namespace 'Server.Items' (are you missing an assembly r
eference?)
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
 - Press return to exit, or R to try again.

fresh download and it throws this....

Sorry about that!! Poor cut and pasting from me :( I copied the command script from my winecrafting and forgot to remove that line... replace CurseCommand.cs with this attached file.

**** PS****
It wont allow me to upload .cs files, so I had to do it as .txt!! Rename file to CurseCommand.cs and then replace the old file

Attachments

• CurseCommand.txt
    2.5 KB · Views: 34

rygardaman

Wanderer
hello again

ok i am stuck with this problem the char that gets perma cursed i can manualy un curse him remove the bag from his bank change his hue and tital thats all fine and good but this hapens every time he gets cursed and after i manualy reset his props i canot recurse him it tells him he is already under a curse and takes 24 hr to curse him again i have tested lots of other chars and a new char on his acct they all work fine also with nothing on him or in his bag i even add the chiv line that will not work ether i am very sorry about reposting this but i am not sure what to do your script is very popular on my shard and i would hate to remove it for one char any help would be great:)

dracana

Sorceror
rygardaman said:
ok i am stuck with this problem the char that gets perma cursed i can manualy un curse him remove the bag from his bank change his hue and tital thats all fine and good but this hapens every time he gets cursed and after i manualy reset his props i canot recurse him it tells him he is already under a curse and takes 24 hr to curse him again i have tested lots of other chars and a new char on his acct they all work fine also with nothing on him or in his bag i even add the chiv line that will not work ether i am very sorry about reposting this but i am not sure what to do your script is very popular on my shard and i would hate to remove it for one char any help would be great:)

If it is only happening with one char and everyone else is fine, I think we need to determine what is different with his char from everyone else. Maybe if you can email me screenshots of all of his props pages and his status gump, I can do some testing on my side by creating a similar char on my server.

rygardaman

Wanderer
ok i think it is fixed i hope

i looked at his props next to mine all was the same till i got to language my prop for that say "ENG" and his say "eng" after i changed that all was good curse now act as it should with him i have no idea why this would do that but it did or how it got that way. thank you for all your help you have 5 gold stars in my book fersure :D