RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Custom Artwork How-To

Tintamar

Sorceror
Well the good thing now is you can use Verdata again with connectuo YAY
Gonna see if Tannis will do another post on how to use verdata now if she wont I will. It will be posted on our site also.

Devil2004

Wanderer
Hi, I have created a new Item, I have used all the procedures, but when the add in the shard I see written Unsued, but if I move it with the mouse I see the item as I have created it. Where mistake?:rolleyes:

try instead the range of number in the 0x3bxx area - the higher ones

the lower ones are used by them for a lot of other things only and migth be messing with it - but those ones in the rage i said, i have used with no problems

Devil2004

Wanderer
I have tried using slot 0x3B16 equal like before, but if I put the item in backpack all Ok, if I put the item in a container OK, but on the land Unsued.

try this:
add static "the item number"
and click on the ground
if you see the item there, then that is good
if you see no draw, then something is really wrong

but if you see the item, then something in its script might be changing its item id

question though - is this a deco item, or is it a gump art item to worn also?

Devil2004

Wanderer
I have tried with [ add static 0x3B16 and have click on the ground, but I see the Unsued item. The new Item is a Gem Deco, nothing of special.

Attachments

• Gem1.rar
    633 bytes · Views: 33
I have a question I added some custom art .. This isnt my shard im helping someone And Im very new to this WEll anywho i add the custom art i can see it..Now when she adds it to server how do u patch it up so others can see the items?

you have to patch to the players the art and art index files and the tiledata files (if it is just a deco item)
or those and the gump and gump indes files if it is a wearable item

patching is done via UOG, connect uo (or both) or manualy giving them the files to overwrite the ones in there

devil - that is just a bmp file -- need to know how it was aded to the art, art index and tiledata files
also all 3 have to be patched to the client and the server's files

also make sure you are not running 3d mode - 3d does not like custom graphics at all

Flats

Page
quick question up top it says that in the mulpatcher its supposed to say Animation: 0x2BA9 (Example) Not Found...

Mine says
Animation: 0x2BA9

Does that mean i can skip the insideuo part???

EDIT

i feel like im looking in the wrong place for it because i just noticed that each time i go up an empty slot the number goes up one example lets say im at slot OxEEFA (Animation ID is :0x2BA9) Then i go to the next slow OxEEF8 and the animation id is 0x2BA8

Where exactly do i look thats the only animation id i see on the whole screen........

that is the animation number you need

but do not use gump numbers above 10000 decimal (not animation umbers but the gump number)
because gump number + 10000 = female version (place that version here and do not need animation number for it - uo auto uses)
and i believe there is 2 more numbers now
gump + 20000 = male elf
and gump + 30000 = female elf
these have yet to be comfirmed

Torvin

Wanderer
Lost as usual

Ok i dont want to come off wrong here but this is what seems to be the issue for me... The copying of the animation just sets an exact copy of the images... so in doing so if the patcher was adding in the animations properly. you wouldn't need to edit the bodydef file.... in mulpatcher your telling it to copy animation A from location A to location B. then pointing the images all to location B.... if the animation patcher did it properly then the animation B would play in the game world. The animations however dont play unless you edit the bodydef file. the copied file is done improperly.. hence it will not work... however once you edit Bodydef your telling your client to read location B but play location A... your just pointing everything back to the original animation A. leaving no need to copy it in the first place... this may be why people ar having issues with adding new items...

However with that said The tutorial was awsome it helped me remember what effect everthing did... :)

if you copy the animations in AND patch the animation file (and it is a big whopping one to patch) then do not need the body def

I myself do not copy the animation, it is optional - because of the bodydef file

can i patch a bitmap into a slot with a different size?

i have a death shroud.bmp and gm robe.bmp, and i want to replace the entries that just have the names "Death Shroud" and "GM Robe" on the bitmaps with my actual robes. is this possible?

my robes are each 56x56 and the things im replacing are 44x33 and 44x36

that is the "item in pack" bitmap size, that is not the gump bitmap sizes
this can be any size you really want - but thebigger they are - the bigger in the pack they will be (or on ground, etc)

the gump ones need to be the right size AND the graphic in there needs to be the right size and placement - else it will not show on the paperdoll corectly - it will be off center or 2 high or to big, etc

i wasn't going to edit the gumps, just the art.mul. thanks for the help, but when i import the bitmap via mulpatcher and click save under the art and artdx (or whatever it is) it has an error and crashes. then, when i went into insideuo, every time i got to the line with the death shroud and gm robe on it, it has an error displaying the mul in the slot. luckily i made a backup, but do you know why mulpatcher is crashing and insideuo won't view it properly?

are you saving them as windows format bitmaps and not mac format bmps? there is a difference
also make sure they are full color or 256 color pallet (full color works better i do believe)

also even though should not be saving it this way - make sureno masks are in there and "back ground" is pure white or pure black

and also make sure in the art section and not art map section