RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Custom Artwork How-To

make sure in body def you are using the right animation number - use the number from insideuo for the animation number for the replacement number

I checked that.. Right now this is what I have everything set as

Gump(anim) 0xC601 Anim: 0x2B1 >> Copied from 0x1D5{469} (Robe)
0xED11 --Female Gump(anim)
Decimal Values for GumpIDs: 50689, 60689
Tiledata: 0x263E, Anim set to 0x2B1 Quality 22 A, Wearable checked

Body.def Entry:
689 {469} 0

When I enter the game and [add robe, then [set ItemID 0x263E it turns into the Fur Coat I added. I put it on and the paperdoll shows the Fur Coat, I look at my avatar, and he has the Harrower on his chest.

did you patch body.def to the client files also, besides art and tiledata files?

if so then check here too
search in your bodyconv.def file for "469"
should be an entry for "810"
will look like this:
810 -1 -1 469 -1

if that is not there, it is not pointing to correct animation file to use

by the way, do not need to copy an animation over like it says in the 1st post directions, body.def does that for you, just do not put in any animation info for it (in the gump art)(still need ani number in tiledata for that slot)

you patched all files to the player and server (that where modified - art.idx, art.mul, gump.idx, gump.mul, tiledata.mul and body.def)

also what osi patch are you using
those above 6.0.13 might have changed many thing for SA and 7.0+ probably did also

look in inside uo in your client directory and make sure that is still the animation for a cloak

I'm using them on the same computer. I have a backup of all the files. I modify my play folder directly. Save all the files listed above after modification, and then log in using client 6.0.1.3 after starting up RunUO after everything is saved

might want to try a different number for the gumpare then try closer to the 59000 and 69000
UO might have that slot reserved that you used

Tried 59000 just in case, Added art to Gump E678, anim 2328 (didn't copy anim this time)

Attached to to the proper tiledata slot, made sure it matched up

Added this into Body.def for robe:
9000 {469} 0

Now, it covers the anim on Outer torso (like if I have leather armor on, it disappears), but there is no Robe anim appearing on the avatar. The Gump still shows up fine though.

hummmmmm maybe 5900 is 2 high - because that is a 4 digit hex number, and i think it only handles up to 3 digits

try 54000 or less

sorry about that

Holy snap crackle pop. I started with C7EF (since it's the only one below 54000 that you can do a female version as well and it works! Amazing! Thank you! You're the best!

you can do female versions for 50000 to 54000 they are just 60000 to 64000

it is animation id (that 3 digit hex code) converted to decimal + 50,000 male and +60,000 for female
just remember need male no mater what, even if not used, still need place holder
and if there is a female, it will use it if a female is wearing it

Yeah, I got that concept.. And everything going gloriously! I added in 29 different items some with male and female place holders.. everything was beautiful, showed up on gump and in anim location... and then I sat down. Turns out the place holders near 54000 disappear when you sit down...

Ah hah! I went back through the posts and found where Hell Razor informs us that 50,999 is the highest you can go for sit down items... boy is that limiting..

Okay.. so.. aside from all of the items that are already in the game.. it seems like all of the slots from 50000 to 50999 are already taken with animations for creatures.. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to use those slots if those animations override what I'm trying to do with the body.def.... are there no other slots where the clothes won't disappear when you sit down?

What is the trick that is performed to make you have an animation be able to sit down? Is there a way to change this to include more animation slots? I would like to add A LOT of custom items to the shard, but so far, there are only about 20-30 slots open to be able to do that with the monster animations taking up space in the 50000 to 50999 range.

Anyone know if there is a way to move the monster animations into different slots so that I could use the ones that are in the proper range for actual clothing items? Or is there an easy fix to be able to sit down with the clothes being in the higher slots? Just trying to see if I can get this to work. Thank you so much for your help!! :)

Karavoc

Sorceror
i've been working on trying to do up a new patch i've just come upto a problem with Duel codes for anims, as an example the Claws for SE are the same as the fancy dress.

is there any way to differentiate between the two and make it sothat i can use the claws from SE and stuff?

no idea what you are talking about, i have both fancy dresses and the claws on my shard
they are not in same spot

are you sure you are using the right numbers?

Karavoc

Sorceror
in inside uo Both animations for the Dress and the Claws have the model num of 448 (ox1c0)
i can't figure out how to put it into the body.def and have it show as the claws.

HellRazor

Knight
Karavoc;822389 said:
in inside uo Both animations for the Dress and the Claws have the model num of 448 (ox1c0)
i can't figure out how to put it into the body.def and have it show as the claws.

Look at bodyconv.def.