RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Custom Artwork How-To

mabinogi

Sorceror
Arr...

If it's not too much trouble could someone tell me the true animation # for Body.def for the elven hairstyles ? :eek:

I'm assuming the #'s listed by the original gumps in MulPatcher is the 'true animation' I could copy using that # on the new gumps, but would it appear properly IG?

-- Another odd question, if I "copy existing animation" on something, do I have to put it in body.def?

Thanks

HellRazor

Knight
mabinogi;825849 said:
If it's not too much trouble could someone tell me the true animation # for Body.def for the elven hairstyles ? :eek:

I'm assuming the #'s listed by the original gumps in MulPatcher is the 'true animation' I could copy using that # on the new gumps, but would it appear properly IG?

Thanks

They are located in anim5.mul, you'll find them in bodyconv.def.

I don't have a complete list, but if you open scripts/misc/racedefinitions.cs and look up RandomHair in the Elf class, you'll get a list of all the art IDs. Go to the tiledata for the artIDs and in the anim flag box, that is the anim ID assigned to them. To get the "true" ID in anim5.mul, look up the assigned ID in bodyconv.def.

Here are a few of them, this is probably not all of them:

916 -1 -1 -1 636
917 -1 -1 -1 637
918 -1 -1 -1 638
919 -1 -1 -1 639
890 -1 -1 -1 646
891 -1 -1 -1 647
892 -1 -1 -1 648
893 -1 -1 -1 649
894 -1 -1 -1 650
895 -1 -1 -1 651
889 -1 -1 -1 652

Bodyconv.def tells the client "Take an animation from anim2, anim3, anim4, or anim5.mul from location X in that file and assign this ID to it."

The first number is the assigned ID, the last number is the ID location in anim5.mul.

HellRazor

Knight
mabinogi;825849 said:
-- Another odd question, if I "copy existing animation" on something, do I have to put it in body.def?

Thanks

Not sure what you mean. If you put it in body.def you don't NEED to physically copy it in the MUL files, body.def eliminates the need for that.

mabinogi

Sorceror
confused.

that doesn't answer the question.

I was asking can you AVOID doing the body.def part by doing the other thing?

Note: was really tired when I wrote that, sorry if it sounded at all rude x3

HellRazor

Knight
mabinogi;825888 said:
that doesn't answer the question.

I was asking can you AVOID doing the body.def part by doing the other thing?

Note: was really tired when I wrote that, sorry if it sounded at all rude x3

Yes but I'm not sure why would you want to.

mabinogi

Sorceror
Figured out most of the things.

As title suggests, thanks to you guys I've learned how to do most of the stuff; but does anyone know where I could get a .uop --> .vd converting tool?

HellRazor

Knight
mabinogi;826195 said:
As title suggests, thanks to you guys I've learned how to do most of the stuff; but does anyone know where I could get a .uop --> .vd converting tool?

I don't think one exists unfortunately. If you find one let me know! :)

mabinogi

Sorceror
Disappearing horses

Alright... I completed my project, but now when NPCs or people ride horses, the ridable isn't visible to anyone unless they dismount.

This confuses me since the latter means the animation is certainly there; so why are there complications with the part when they're riding things?

If anyone knows please let me know how I could fix this.

HellRazor

Knight
mabinogi;827820 said:
Alright... I completed my project, but now when NPCs or people ride horses, the ridable isn't visible to anyone unless they dismount.

This confuses me since the latter means the animation is certainly there; so why are there complications with the part when they're riding things?

If anyone knows please let me know how I could fix this.

Usually the only time that happens is when you mount a steed using a non-human body (as there are only horse riding animations for human and elven bodies).

These are NPCs/people with human bodies that vanish?

If the steeds are vanishing and not the players, not sure what would cause that unless you have somehow changed the tiledata info and/or the scripts for mounts. Is it only the horses or is it all mounts?

mabinogi

Sorceror
hrm...

I'm not sure as the live testing needs one of the other staff to try it -- hopefully I can get back to you guys on it soon.

Any other theories so far?

- I tried replacing anim.mul with a clean version, no changes.
- Also tried this with body.def and tiledata, no changes.

HellRazor

Knight
Make sure that your users are all using the same client files that you are (same anim.mul, body.def, etc). If its working right for you and not for people logging in this is probably where the problem is.

mabinogi

Sorceror
Hrm..

no, it's working for everyone else, just not me -- that could be the source of the problem.

I have the new files, the server and them have the old ones still.

HellRazor

Knight
Make sure your server is using the same files as all of your clients. But it sounds like something you have changed in the client files on your uo install is causing the problem.

Nockar

Sorceror
This is really weird. I have patched in hundreds of wearable items now. But I just came across one spot that does not work right. There should not have been anything in that spot to.

I add the item in game. I see ground tile, see gump tile, but I so NO animation and I tried on a couple different characters. There is just nothing there. I have double checked the scrip, the MulPatcher files, and Body.def. So I have no idea why that animation is not showing up on that item. I also gave the item some other helm animation and it didn’t work either.

Gump Info -
NorseHelm_01_01
Gump Admin: C752
Adim ID: 0x402

Model No: 564
Model Hex: 0x234

Tiledata: 7EE5
# : 1026

In Body.def -
1026 {564} 0 #NorseHelm_01_01

I have other NorseHelm items using the same animation. They all work fine. Have lots of wearable items above and blow that NorseHelm_01_01 item. There just is no animation for it?

Any ideas????

let me make sure i am getting this correct

you can see it in gam on the ground, in pack, etc
you can see it on the paperdoll
but you can not see it on the toon?

you list tiledata as 7EE5 #1026
what do you mean by those 2 numbers?
tile data normaly = art number and should be below 0x37ff (i believe that is the limit for pre SA)
(and if using SA is this the 1st item to be used above that number?)

Nockar

Sorceror
Lord_Greywolf;836642 said:
let me make sure i am getting this correct

you can see it in gam on the ground, in pack, etc
you can see it on the paperdoll
but you can not see it on the toon?

you list tiledata as 7EE5 #1026
what do you mean by those 2 numbers?
tile data normaly = art number and should be below 0x37ff (i believe that is the limit for pre SA)
(and if using SA is this the 1st item to be used above that number?)

Here are the images. Take a look. ;o)
easer then explaning this way.

Everything above and below works fine and not doing anything special with SA or anything like that.

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 25
  • image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 20
  • image003.jpg
    image003.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 25
  • image004.jpg
    image004.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 33
I would try using a different gump number
I have found that OSI has reserved some for thier use, and is embedded into the client
by using a different gump number (and thus a different number than 0x402) then worked for me

Nockar

Sorceror
Lord_Greywolf;836656 said:
I would try using a different gump number
I have found that OSI has reserved some for thier use, and is embedded into the client
by using a different gump number (and thus a different number than 0x402) then worked for me

Thanks for the info Lord_Greywolf.

I was kind of thinking about just moving it to. So Ill just move it and move on. HAHA

Lady_askarii

Wanderer
Ok i did everything the list said to do even the body.def, though I am not sure if I did it right:
the hex i saved the cloak to was 0xEEFE that gave me a number of 61182 - 50000 is 11182
I put in body.def
# Begin Custom
11182 {468} 0 Celtic Cloak
not sure if thats right

this is driving me insane. I even tried to [add cloak ingame and change the item id to 11182 and it changes into a plate thats named tree. Also when i add the file in tiledata(s) the picture that shows up isnt my custom its just a normal cloak is that the way its supose to be?

I also tried writing a script for it
[Constructable]
public CelticCloak( int hue ) : base( 0x3FE5, hue )
{
Weight = 5.0;
Name = "Celtic Cloak";
}
I dropped the script into my custom script folder and I still get the same results ;(

do i have to patch it to my server and if so how do i do that? Nothing says how to do that. I try to add it just by typing [add celticcloak but it says nothings there.
thanks for any help

Nockar

Sorceror
Lady_askarii;837123 said:
Ok i did everything the list said to do even the body.def, though I am not sure if I did it right:
the hex i saved the cloak to was 0xEEFE that gave me a number of 61182 - 50000 is 11182
I put in body.def
# Begin Custom
11182 {468} 0 Celtic Cloak
not sure if thats right

this is driving me insane. I even tried to [add cloak ingame and change the item id to 11182 and it changes into a plate thats named tree. Also when i add the file in tiledata(s) the picture that shows up isnt my custom its just a normal cloak is that the way its supose to be?

I also tried writing a script for it
[Constructable]
public CelticCloak( int hue ) : base( 0x3FE5, hue )
{
Weight = 5.0;
Name = "Celtic Cloak";
}
I dropped the script into my custom script folder and I still get the same results ;(

do i have to patch it to my server and if so how do i do that? Nothing says how to do that. I try to add it just by typing [add celticcloak but it says nothings there.
thanks for any help

Here are step by step instructions on how add a clock. Just a note, this may seem like a lot of steps. But if you do it a while you can really wip out a lot of stuff. I use a excel spread sheet to keep track of all the stuff I add.

I use “UoFiddler” & “InsideUO” to get animations. InsideUO is the easiest place to get animation numbers. You can get the layer off the first post.

So, from the beginning – adding a clock.

1) Open InsideUO, find the Cape under Animation. Gets the number listed under Model No. Its 468. That is the animation number.
2) Now you need the layer number. For the cape its 20. You can get this off the 1st post or by searching in mulpatcher for cape and looking at the layer.
3) Get your 2 images. One big gump image and one small image. If you have both a mail & female version you have a extra sep. I will show both.
4) On your local computer this is how you can set up your file structure.
a. RunUO – it points to the game install
b. Game install – make a backup
c. Mulpatcher – point it to the game install
d. InsideUO & UoFiddler – point to your backup or other game install.
i. You can not have insideUO using the same files as Mulpatcher
e. With the above method you don’t have to copy files around. You just close any runuo server or client that you have open. Then mulpatcher has access to you primary game file directory. Once your done patching all you to do is close maulpatcher and start runuo and client to test.
5) Open Maulpatcher. Load the 5 files (2 art, 2 gump, 1 tiledata).
6) You will work in the following tabs. Gumps (adim), Art (S), & Tiledata (2).
7) I start in Gumps (adim) tabe. I started at 0xC738 and went up in number range. Then at the bottom where it says Animation Id: 0x3E8. Record and write that number down.
a. VERY IMPORTATN: If you are doing a lot of images like me. You will have a large chuck that need both a mail and female. There are a limited number of items from 0xC738 and up rage that can be use as both mail and female. See the note at the bottom about ranges.
8) So record your C738 & 0x3E8 numbers. Then go to Art (S) to find a open spot. I pretty much started at the very bottom and went up. As long as the stuff is red and not being used. So Pick 0x7FFF and record that number.
9) So, go back to Gukmps (anim), right click your blank & red spot of C738, Load from Bitmap and add your big gump image.
10) Go back Art (S), right click it, Load from Bitmap and add your small little thumb nail image.
11) Then go to Tiledata (S), go to the very bottom and find 0x7FFF, this is the same number as from Art (s).
12) At Tiledata (S), add your name, enter the Quality of 20 (this is the layer), A [X], Wearable [X], & Armor [X], Then up at the top where it says AnimID, ender the Animation Id: 0x3E8 that you recoded from the Gumps (adim) page. It’s a little tricky to ender it till you get it figured out. Click at the end of the 0x0, and type the 1st number, 3, then click at the end of the 3, and type E, then click at the end and type 8. When its all said and done and you have your 0x3E8 number entered your GumpId to the right will says 0xC738. That is how it gets linked.
13) Next, go to the settings tab, click all 3 save buttons, and close Mulpatcher.
14) From your main game directory open Body.def in a notepad. Go down to the very bottom and well have to add some info in there. It will end up looking like this. Get your gump number C738 and get the decimal of it, so 51000, then – 50,000 = 1000. Then {468} is the animation ID for a cloak. The 0 is the hue. And lastly anything behind # is commented out.
1000 {468} 0 #Cloak_01
15) Once you add that info, save your body.def file.
16) Next, you need to create a scrip file. Make sure you add the new item id in the scrips of course – in this case its 0x7FFF.
17) Once your scrip is done, start RunUO and your client. Since you did all the work in your main game directy you don’t have to copy any files around. Then in the game [add cloak_01. Once its added stick it on your guy and make sure the animation shows up, shows up in the gump, shows up on a female if you a mail/female item item, and make sure you can sit on a bench and it does not disappear! HAHA

That’s it.

Now, if you needed to add a mail/female item. Back where you were loading the big gump image in, the 1st image you pick the male image. Then you get a calculator, and figure out what the female one is and load it in there.

So C738 to dec = 51,000 + 10,000 = 61,000 to hex = EE48.

So you go down to EE48 and load your female image there. That’s all you have to do, nothing else is required. As long as the female and mail images are 10,000 apart the client will auto change the gump image to the female one if it’s a female. I have a excel spreadsheet made up that does all the conversions for me. It’s a lot easer that way. You might have to google it to figure out how to load the excel thing to make it work

---------------------------------------------------

NOTE about ranges.
C738 male & female start 51000 (1000)
C7EF male & female end 51183 (1183)

How to get this? last hex, EEFF to Dec = 61183 -10,00 = 51183 to Hex = C7EF

So what did I do. Froe these to ranges I put all my armor sets & stuff that has a mail and female in there.
If this is some how not enough. I am sure you can backup you files and go to a lower number and look for more mail/female spots there.
C738 male & female start 51000 (1000)
to
C7EF male & female end 51183 (1183)

From above thoes I put, weapon, shields, and stuff I didn’t care if there was a female version.
C7F0 and up I added stuff with only single item gumps.

Attachments

• 0001.jpg
    0001.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 0002.jpg
    0002.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 0003.jpg
    0003.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 0004.jpg
    0004.jpg