RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Custom Necromancer AI

S

SkyMonkey

GoldDraco13 said:
You and anyone in this community are allowed to copy/paste/change/edit or use my scripts at will :)

I feel the same way as GD13.

Oh and thanks for those updates! Will bring the fear of god back into my players :D

First player: Hey look *yawn* ANOTHER lich.
Second player: Ya lets just kill it quick and then loot it.
BOTH PLAYERS: Holey crap! What is that it's casting at us?!?!

Too evil! :D

G

GoldDraco13

SkyMonkey said:

Too evil! :D

ROFL

Final Realms

Wanderer
SkyMonkey said:

ROFL!!!!!

Actually I just visited shard using tis AI, they name the npcs, necroliche lord.. well I was invited by the GMs & Admins to see it working. It was very fun to see the payers scream in panic as the Necroliche launched a powerful combo ( wither + vengeful spirit+poison strike ) at each of them.

At that point their only coments where:

Both players: Holy Sh**!!! What the heck is it casting at us????
Player 1: OMFG!! Run!!! whatever that thing is, its not a liche!!!!
Player 2: Wth??? A revenant??? run!!!

Several seconds later...

Both Players: OOOOoooo

Later on when questioned by Staff as to how they had liked the new npcs, they said they both loved it, juts couldnt make out how on earth necromancers and liches where now casting necro spells or at least something real similar.

I found it vastly amusing to see the effect this simple script makes on players, and how much they love the silly thing... Id never have thought it would make much of a difference.

GoldDraco13 said:
P.S. I took the liberty to change the distro lich/lich lord and ancient lich lord scripts to necro AI as they should have been in the first place(OSI Bad) =]

Thats real nice :) thnxs again :) I'll put that file into the main downloads so everyone has them all neatly grouped in one single spot. Althoug i will soon make a single package of it all to save everyone the downloading of a lot of files :)

SkyMonkey said:
Oh and thanks for those updates! Will bring the fear of god back into my players

You're welcome :) , glad you players like it, and that you guys like it.

The single pack preceedes the soon to be released Custom Paladin AI, by myself.

Kudos to you GoldDraco13. Thnxs for this file :)

Rylock

Wanderer
First off, thank you many times for this! Real original idea.

There is only one thing you might be able to improve. When the mana of a NecroAI mobile is low, it keeps casting pain spike, and I think you can't kill a mobile with pain spike. I'm not complaining, just a constructive comment. :)

Final Realms

Wanderer
Rylock said:
There is only one thing you might be able to improve. When the mana of a NecroAI mobile is low, it keeps casting pain spike, and I think you can't kill a mobile with pain spike. I'm not complaining, just a constructive comment. :)

The main reqason for this beahviour is that, just like a player, when low on mana the npcs will try to hamper the enemy by any tactics. Using PainSpike the npc drains stamina as well as doing a certain amount of dmg.

At lower hps, the pain spike can actually kill a player, or npc, but it has a added bonus, with less stamina, the player can be reduced to not being able to move for instance, which in turn allows the npcs to meditate and regain mana to attack with more powerful combos.

However, it is a good input and I will consider it, and add more combo attacks that take the low mana situation into account.

Thnxs for you input :)

sidsid

Sorceror
i was looking at the AIs and I wonder how difficult it would be to create a combo MAGE AND NECRO AI..... I would have to figure out how to case it to use certain spells at each time etc.... have you thought about this at all?

Final Realms

Wanderer
sidsid said:
i was looking at the AIs and I wonder how difficult it would be to create a combo MAGE AND NECRO AI..... I would have to figure out how to case it to use certain spells at each time etc.... have you thought about this at all?

Yeah actually I have such a version of the AI, although it is not a true OSI thing. The necromancer AI is actually a OSI based/clone script.

It goes a bit further than the combination of spells though, you need to tell the AI what skills to use, at each time, and include those skills in the npc code.

As a matter of fact, if you have a npcs using this AI with tons of mana, you will see that at times, they actually use a special combo for healing, which is spirit speak + greater heal. This usually happens when the npc has corpses nearby. It will drain life force from corpses and if not healed enough, there is a 5% chance it will heal using magery heals, and a 75% chance it will heal using spirit speak.

Also, the AI incorporates a 5% chance of the Npcs teleporting to the player if the player retreats while engaged in combat and the Npcs has a good amount of mana, just like a Mage AI using Npc would.

In any case, if you want, drop me a line to my email ( its on main post ) and I'll send you a copy of that version of the AI, that uses both magery & necromancy for combat.

It is a bit powerul though, in my test shard ( I dont work on, or run a live shard, and only use the base distro to code with ), they FS a player char and it hurts tons, add to that a nasty necro combo like wither + vengeful spirit and you got a player killer Npc or God type Npc that your players can truly fear.

Still if you want that script modified to something more customised to your shard, drop me a line with what you need, and I'll modify & send it to you Sidsid.

Final Realms

Wanderer
Just a quick note to ask how many people would be interested in testing a Necro/Mage AI live on their shards?.

As I previously stated, the only shard I run, is a home one for laughs with some friends.. but I have no idea how this AI would behave in large environments with lots of players going against it.

Also a quick note, the Custome Necromancer AI will be updated shortly with more spell combos & more range in mana levels. First changelog will be coming out soon as well as the one download package that includes all current packages of the ai's distro files.

Styla

Wanderer
My shard's still in development, so the AI would not be tested for awhile. I just wanted to compliment you on a good idea. I did not like the wimpy way the Ai's favor the player and don't act the way players would act. A mage that won't heal itself every chance it gets, and will not run off to med or otherwise regain mana. Fighters that start with bows and don't change to swords at close range. etc, etc.
I look forward to some good AI's that mimic life and test players. thanks.

Also like the idea of one distro pkg with everything needed.

matriumd

Wanderer
Herm. I have a question. I added everything for the necro script, and am running rco 1.0, and I am trying to use the ancient lich right now. It is just walking around and using spirit speak. It will not cast. It has the spellbook code in the monster. So Im wondering if i did something wrong.

Final Realms

Wanderer
matriumd said:
Herm. I have a question. I added everything for the necro script, and am running rco 1.0, and I am trying to use the ancient lich right now. It is just walking around and using spirit speak. It will not cast. It has the spellbook code in the monster. So Im wondering if i did something wrong.

With the info you are giving me, I really cant say whats going on, but, it sounds a lot as if you are testing the npc vs you gm char in trammel map.

Go to the felucca map, and do as follows:

[mortal ( and target yourself )

[noinvul ( and target yourself again )

Then attack the npc, you should see it work then.

matriumd

Wanderer
Final Realms said:
With the info you are giving me, I really cant say whats going on, but, it sounds a lot as if you are testing the npc vs you gm char in trammel map.

Go to the felucca map, and do as follows:

[mortal ( and target yourself )

[noinvul ( and target yourself again )

Then attack the npc, you should see it work then.

:feels dumb now::. Its cause im in trammel. Can I change it to do it in trammel?

Final Realms

Wanderer
matriumd said:
:feels dumb now::. Its cause im in trammel. Can I change it to do it in trammel?

You dont need to go to fel, IF, you use a player character ( not a gm account or character ), it will attack players normally using all the spells, etc.. while in trammel.

Most AI's behave oddly when the one fighting the monsters is a GM type character.

The best way to see a AI in motion, is to add a normal monster, make it your pet, then add a monster that uses this AI, like the sample necromancer or the Lich pack GoldDraco made for this AI. Order your pet to attack the Necromancer AI using NPc and watch it unleash the power of necromancy to kill your pet npc ( this if you wanna test the AI with a staff character ).

H

hudel

Thanks for the good work. It's a nice AI. Easy to use and we get much fun on my RP-Homeshard with it.

Final Realms

Wanderer
hudel said:
Thanks for the good work. It's a nice AI. Easy to use and we get much fun on my RP-Homeshard with it.

You are more than welcome :D Im so very glad you like it :D and thanks for downloading it :D

Pls dont forget to rate it too :D ist what gives me feedback and makes me code more scripts for everyone to enjoy :D

i have tested both AI that you have made and this is cool always wanted this on my shard. I have a problem tho, my necromancer and paladin only try to heal, they dont cast anything harmful. Like i want my pali to cast enemy of one, and maybe the necromancer to cast strangle and curse weapon.
How do i get them to do this?

I also see that someone has tested this with their GM, I tested it by having the npc's fight each other.
They are both in malas. not that that should mean anything.

Final Realms

Wanderer
SphericalSolaris said:
well ok nm its working against players. but its odd it doesnt work against other npc's. Oh well its a great script i love it!

Thats very very strange, in a clean RunUO 1.0 RC0 install they work fine vs monsters or players.

Are you using my installation files only? or have you got a edited baseai or basecreature file to which you added my modifications?.

And finally, thnxs :) Glad u love it :D