RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resource icon

[2.x] D&D Conversion 0.6.9.24

No permission to download

ViWinfii

Sorceror
Instead of using separate PlayerMobile and BaseCreature classes, you could use an intermediary class that inherits from Mobile that holds all of your custom information. I use that strategy in some of my scripts and all I need to do to is edit one line of PlayerMobile and BaseCreature so that they inherit from my custom class that inherits from Mobile. Just an idea anyway.

kiasta6984

Traveler
Yeah, I see what you're saying but I would have to override most of the functions anyways and basically would just have to rewrite BaseCreature and PlayerMobile regardless. What I'm doing is basically that but instead inheriting from Mobile and overwriting what needs to be overwritten anyways for more control. I will hopefully have something to upload. I've already finished with BaseCreature right now I'm working on PlayerMobile. Thanks for the advice :)

kiasta6984

Traveler
Gotta love computers, my video card's fan stopped working and fried my card so now I have to replace it. Nothing is working out, work will be delayed until I can get a new video card.

kiasta6984

Traveler
what runuo does this work on

I'm using RunUO 2.3 r987 source. Though, honestly I'm working on rewritten code at the moment, working a bit on it at work here and there when I can. But this code will not be compatible with what I'll release next. Hopefully I can get something up soon, if only the BaseCreature.cs. I haven't messed with the SVN latest just what is for download on the main site here but once I'm done with the changes it will be scalar to future RunUO releases. Unfortunately there will be core script changes (not core server changes, if I can prevent it) so there will be some modification when you update RunUO, but it will be minor at most.

kiasta6984

Traveler
Definitely keeping an eye on this. It's great I can't wait for future updates!

Once I get my house I can finally focus on this project. I am hoping to move in at the end of this month. It's crazy right now where I'm living... renting a room and no place to quietly work, and no space to put my desk/computer.