RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

daat99's Token System without long save times.

daat99

Staff member
Rama said:
I have a question about this maybe someone on here can help me with, in order to not use the tokens as the default currency, must you add the tokens to every script manually? or is there an easier and faster way to do this? we think that gold should stay default currency and when we add the tokens into the karma/fame part of the script that takes out the gold.

any help? Thank you.
The gold is still the default currency, the tokens is just an extra currency that players can used to buy special things that vendors doesn't sell (gm deco their house... custom items that you have...).

Rama

Wanderer
Okay, we got everything working good on it, but we are having a prob with the trash4tokens backpacks, for some reason they dont open, and when clkd on the only gump that drops is a clear gump, there has been a cpl incidents with players dropping the wrong stuff into these backpacks, and i saw that they are suppose to be able to get it out. why arent they opening? Thank you, been a big help.

Mekaylah

Wanderer
I put this in my shard and I am getting this error:

Server.Items.GiveTokens' does not contain a definition for 'GiveTokensAct'

I copy/pasted the line you said to add in basecreature.cs so it looks like this:

Titles.AwardFame( ds.m_Mobile, totalFame, true);
Titles.AwardKarma( ds.m_Mobile, totalKarma, true );
GiveTokens.GiveTokensAct( ds.m_Mobile, this); //daat99 token system 1/1

At first there was not a space in the line you posted between the ( and ds.m_Mobile so I tried it both ways. First, I simply copy/pasted and next I put the space so it would look like the 2 before it. I got the same error both times.

Can you tell me what to do to make it work?

Thank you in advance. I am looking forward to getting this system up and running so I can use it to replace a couple of other systems I have that have been giving me problems..

daat99

Staff member
Rama said:
Okay, we got everything working good on it, but we are having a prob with the trash4tokens backpacks, for some reason they dont open, and when clkd on the only gump that drops is a clear gump, there has been a cpl incidents with players dropping the wrong stuff into these backpacks, and i saw that they are suppose to be able to get it out. why arent they opening? Thank you, been a big help.
Please update the tokens script, you can get the updated from the owltr system.
Let me know if it doesn't open after you update.

Mekaylah said:
I put this in my shard and I am getting this error:

Server.Items.GiveTokens' does not contain a definition for 'GiveTokensAct'

I copy/pasted the line you said to add in basecreature.cs so it looks like this:

Titles.AwardFame( ds.m_Mobile, totalFame, true);
GiveTokens.GiveTokensAct( ds.m_Mobile, this); //daat99 token system 1/1

At first there was not a space in the line you posted between the ( and ds.m_Mobile so I tried it both ways. First, I simply copy/pasted and next I put the space so it would look like the 2 before it. I got the same error both times.

Can you tell me what to do to make it work?

Thank you in advance. I am looking forward to getting this system up and running so I can use it to replace a couple of other systems I have that have been giving me problems..
That was changed please update the script and replace this line in base creature from the line in the new readme file.
Like I told rama you can get the update from the owltr system.

Mekaylah

Wanderer
ok I feel really dumb now....
I had done that and still didn't think it was working. Now I understand how it works. There is no tokens on the monster before you kill it. It gets added to the ledger when it is killed. Nothing happens if you don't have a ledger. :p hehe Sorry I am trying to do too many things at one time today.

Happy Memorial Day and Have a great weekend. :) Thanks again for the help.

daat99

Staff member
Mekaylah said:
ok I feel really dumb now....
I had done that and still didn't think it was working. Now I understand how it works. There is no tokens on the monster before you kill it. It gets added to the ledger when it is killed. Nothing happens if you don't have a ledger. :p hehe Sorry I am trying to do too many things at one time today.

Happy Memorial Day and Have a great weekend. :) Thanks again for the help.
I'm glad you got it working ;)

Mekaylah

Wanderer
I've been playing around with the vendor stones and I am a lil confused. Are there directions somewhere that tell how to use everyone on the vendor stone? I don't understand the *add hue*, *remove hue*, *bless price*, *bond price*, etc. I can add the item but I'd like to know what all these other options are for and how to use them. I looked thru your token files and I don't see those directions.

daat99

Staff member
Mekaylah said:
I've been playing around with the vendor stones and I am a lil confused. Are there directions somewhere that tell how to use everyone on the vendor stone? I don't understand the *add hue*, *remove hue*, *bless price*, *bond price*, etc. I can add the item but I'd like to know what all these other options are for and how to use them. I looked thru your token files and I don't see those directions.
I didn't added a description on how to use it because it's raelis script.
See the first post for link to his original script you can there find out how to use it.

Ryan2005R

Wanderer
I was looking for..... Titles.AwardFame( ds.m_Mobile, totalFame, true );
and i could not find it =-/ could you help me with this please

daat99

Staff member
Ryan2005R said:
I was looking for..... Titles.AwardFame( ds.m_Mobile, totalFame, true );
and i could not find it =-/ could you help me with this please
If you using RunUO 1.0.0 then it's there and all you need is to look harder.
If you don't use RunUO 1.0.0 then I can't help you, this script is for RunUO 1.0.0 only.

Ryan2005R

Wanderer
daat99 said:
If you using RunUO 1.0.0 then it's there and all you need is to look harder.
If you don't use RunUO 1.0.0 then I can't help you, this script is for RunUO 1.0.0 only.
Yes i use 1.0.0 i went to edit and searched it and couldt find it hehe but hey ild try anything :)

daat99

Staff member
Ryan2005R said:
Yes i use 1.0.0 i went to edit and searched it and couldt find it hehe but hey ild try anything :)
Well, all I can say is that it is part of the RunUO 1.0.0 distro BaseCreature.cs file.
If you can't find it there then I strongly suggest that you'll make sure you have the right file because it sounds like you using a custom basecreature.cs that changed too much stuff.

P.S.
You might want to ask the person you got the basecreature.cs file from, he might be able to help you locate the right place.

ohhello

Wanderer
basecreature prob

mine gave me a prob saying that server.items.givetokens does not contain a definition for 'givetokensact' when i edited my basecreature.cs file with the code you gave. what should i do?

daat99

Staff member
ohhello said:
mine gave me a prob saying that server.items.givetokens does not contain a definition for 'givetokensact' when i edited my basecreature.cs file with the code you gave. what should i do?
That code was changed, please update and use the readme file that come with the pack.

P.S.
Installation instructions in post #1 was updated acordingly.

lordrichard

Wanderer
stone

when i click on the stone it says please make sure you have you token ledger with you even if you do and will not sell you the item how do i fix this

daat99

Staff member
lordrichard said:
when i click on the stone it says please make sure you have you token ledger with you even if you do and will not sell you the item how do i fix this
You need to make sure the player have a token ledger in his backpack and that the token ledger have the player name on it as well as enough tokens inside it.
If all those conditions are met then it'll work.

Ryan2005R

Wanderer
Ok i love the token system i use to sell items with Power scrolls omg that was soo horrible lol:mad:
But now i got this my staff and myself ist trouble by poeple needing to buy items....
But it gives liek 100-300 i want champs to giver liek 5000
but other monsters to give 500 or so how would i do that???
Iid love any help i could get :)

daat99

Staff member
Ryan2005R said:
Ok i love the token system i use to sell items with Power scrolls omg that was soo horrible lol:mad:
But now i got this my staff and myself ist trouble by poeple needing to buy items....
But it gives liek 100-300 i want champs to giver liek 5000
but other monsters to give 500 or so how would i do that???
Iid love any help i could get :)
You'll have to modify the RewardTokens method in the TokenSystem.cs file.
Keep in mind that modifications aren't supported here so please don't ask for help solving errors in this thread.