RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darkfall - The New UO?

Arkad

Wanderer
Darkfall - The New UO?

Some of you have already heard of this game, but I just found out about it a couple weeks ago. For those that haven't...

Darkfall looks to be the new UO. The playstyle and features sound exactly like UO. No levels, 300+ skills, full pvp, full loot. The designers were UO addicts and it looks like they copied pretty much everything cool from UO and just expanded on it, right down to the UO style inventory pack system.

40 something guild controlled towns your guild can seige and take over, boats with cannons you can shoot at land other boats and sink them - neat.

Player driven economy with few NPCs that only sell basic stuff, and player driven governments where you can set the laws. The economy was UO's big failure in my eyes, and player governments would be a welcome add-on if they can pull it off right.

This game has been in development for so long (5 years+?) that some people think it's vaporware, but I think they are steadily developing it and not taking the path which most games go, which is push push push a crappy uncompleted product.

Watch this video on it, there's some gameplay clips: YouTube - Darkfall is coming

Seven

Sorceror
It looks awesome. I can't wait to play it.

I also wish I could fall asleep. I've been looking up bass test tones. I had a bunch for the system thats in my car - but all the cds are scratched. :< so I'm trying to put them all on a mp3 player.

Radwen

Wanderer
I often wonder how much people are actually real on the internet...
kingnome13 said:
this game looks raly god a couple of questions thougH
1. can you just walk up to random people who are playing online and kill them?
2. when is this game out
3. where can i buy it
and lastly how much does it cost to playonline each month

kat20

Sorceror
It looks great. I think it looks like a cross between fable and elder scrolls, I hope its as good as it looks I just wonder how user friendly the controls are, and Im hoping its as user friendly as Ultima is. That is one of the reasons I have always loved Ultima not only the great in game features but also the controls are like nothing I've ever played before and I think if they have a great control system such as we do than it will be an amazing game, as it looks like it is very amazing. Just my thoughts Thanks

Hammerhand

Knight
Radwen;755130 said:
I often wonder how much people are actually real on the internet...

There are 4 real people on the internet and bad news Radwen, you arent one of them. But then again, neither am I. I am a figment of my own twisted imagination. :D

Arkad;755195 said:
We should make a guild for this game, "Britannian Loyalists" - that would be funny.
I'm betting most of the active users on starbucks really don't play UO much anymore if at all.

PerfectWing

Wanderer
I'm one of the ones who call out vaporware to this title.

I was accepted into the "clan beta" early to mid last year, of which still hasn't started. That or they lost their records or some crazy mumbo jumbo. Even though some beta or another is "coming soon". (For about two years now.)

Arkad

Wanderer
PerfectWing;755235 said:
I'm one of the ones who call out vaporware to this title.

I was accepted into the "clan beta" early to mid last year, of which still hasn't started. That or they lost their records or some crazy mumbo jumbo. Even though some beta or another is "coming soon". (For about two years now.)

You're right, this is kind of annoying, how many years have they been "internal testing"?

PerfectWing

Wanderer
Johabius;755249 said:
Darkfall: The New Duke Nukem Forever
They are still revealing new movies and screens for that game. They should use Arnie's voice this go-round. "It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum. I'll be back, when I have more gum."

Macil

Sorceror
Johabius;755249 said:
Darkfall: The New Duke Nukem Forever

Oh good old Duke Nukem. What I'd give to see DNF actually be released (a movie would be fun too I'd think).

As far as this Dark Fall game goes though, it looks pretty neat. I just hope the boats are a little more realistic than the little 3-tile wide boats UO has. Like with real explorable cargo holds and stuff that make it so you can board other ships and plunder the stored loot! Arrrr!

And then escape and sink it, of course.

Macil;755264 said:
Oh good old Duke Nukem. What I'd give to see DNF actually be released (a movie would be fun too I'd think).

As far as this Dark Fall game goes though, it looks pretty neat. I just hope the boats are a little more realistic than the little 3-tile wide boats UO has. Like with real explorable cargo holds and stuff that make it so you can board other ships and plunder the stored loot! Arrrr!

Boats and sailing are something thats always been underdeveloped in most mmos.

Radwen

Wanderer
Hammerhand;755159 said:
There are 4 real people on the internet and bad news Radwen, you arent one of them. But then again, neither am I. I am a figment of my own twisted imagination. :D
Of course I know I'm not real lol. I create myself consciously. (Consciously is a weird word)

Arkad

Wanderer
I remember when I was 11 or so and I found out at the time what I thought was the greatest secret in Duke Nukem ever. You could go to the stripclub, press spacebar, and give the stripper money. She would drop her top and jiggle her titties. I must have pressed the spacebar that night at least 100 times.

Macil;755264 said:

They do, supposedly.

Radwen

Wanderer
Its either vaporware, not going to take off or going to be ruined under 1 year after being opened.

If its option 3 then I'd be seriously impressed. That would be they succeeded. Because the reason it would crash thereafter would be because of the players, not the builders.

If it reaches that stage, all I want is my own free shard of it :p. They game looks awesome but depends too much on players. Which works well in small mature communities, but will die fast when exposed to the raging 12 years old that dominate WOW.

Seven

Sorceror
We will have 12 year olds that will have auto casting auto targeting l33t speaking auto bot programs. :< I can see it now... HEADSHOT! HEADSHOT! TRIPLE KILL!