RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darkfall - The New UO?

Arkad

Wanderer
Radwen;755305 said:
Which works well in small mature communities, but will die fast when exposed to the raging 12 years old that dominate WOW.

Did you miss the fact that it's full pvp full loot ? :D

We can just cull the playerbase to our liking.

Radwen

Wanderer
Its more like when people will have created ultimate guilds of destruction and doom that every non member will have a horrible gameplay ...

Arkad

Wanderer
Radwen;755366 said:
Its more like when people will have created ultimate guilds of destruction and doom that every non member will have a horrible gameplay ...

With other towns to seige, I have a feeling there's going to be something for these kinds of players to actually do and work towards, instead of hanging out by despise and whacking newbies because they are bored.

Graendur;755353 said:
Or they can cull us to their liking! :(

Man up you! lol

Radwen

Wanderer
Arkad;755392 said:
With other towns to seige, I have a feeling there's going to be something for these kinds of players to actually do and work towards, instead of hanging out by despise and whacking newbies because they are bored.

Man up you! lol
Yeah and with the possibility of razing others peoples work in a flash, I have a feeling a lot of people will quit easily.

Draegen

Sorceror
If this game ever gets released,, i think it might put Uo in its grave.

I think we might see end to uo and emus all arund for this game looks wicked cool.

I would love to just sail my ship all day taking out other ships for loot and goodies, ARR they high seas await and i am no jack sparrow.

This game has a little of everything to get about every kind of player into it.

Love DarkFalls yes i doo

Radwen

Wanderer
You're forgetting that half the community plays UO because of runUO... which means they can develop their own shards and play for free.

Radwen;755477 said:
You're forgetting that half the community plays UO because of runUO... which means they can develop their own shards and play for free.
uhhh i dont think even half the community plays uo at all anymore.

Graendur

Wanderer
It looks pretty neat, but I expect it'll be one of those games where you love the game but hate the players.

If the game world is big enough it might be possible to have isolated and remote happyfuntowns with plenty of hugs and cookies.

And then, of course, if someone makes a huge army of rampaging barbarians, someone else could organize an army to defend towns in the area, which could be a lot of fun. Though given the game nature of it and the lengths some people go to to be annoying, I expect there'd be a lot of 3am zergraids on towns to capture/destroy them while there are no defenders.

jhs59

Sorceror
Hmmm.. To see humanity's true nature, build an mmo game that uses geomod technology for building as well as destroying.. Mix in some free for all PvP and full looting and I imagine that most of the world would lay in ruins.

Draegen

Sorceror
I hope its like wow keeps people from making a emu, because i think this game don't ened free shards it needs be without free shards

yes people will still try but i hope they push and push where if you do you are scared. not to because this game rocks. for what i See

Draegen;755612 said:
I hope its like wow keeps people from making a emu, because i think this game don't ened free shards it needs be without free shards

yes people will still try but i hope they push and push where if you do you are scared. not to because this game rocks. for what i See
To quote a line from pulp fiction.... English, mothafucka, do you speak it?

pos77;755590 said:
uhhhh, doesn't that describe EVERY MMO?

hahahaha

Radwen

Wanderer
Anti-Basic;755513 said:
uhhh i dont think even half the community plays uo at all anymore.
In terms of posts maybe, but in terms of active people, most of them probably own, build or play.

PerfectWing

Wanderer
jhs59;755531 said:
Hmmm.. To see humanity's true nature, build an mmo game that uses geomod technology for building as well as destroying.. Mix in some free for all PvP and full looting and I imagine that most of the world would lay in ruins.
Only from the perspective of no consequences. A single human maybe, but all of humanity can't be thought of this way. The idea that what you do in a game has anything to do with humanity's nature only moves to support Jack Thompson, and others, in their ridiculous endeavour to prove games somehow subliminally corrupt people. I, for one, have not such a weak mind. You're more likely to convince me that those aren't the droids I'm looking for.

In all fairness, I may shoot a cop or two in GTA IV, but that's because it is more *fun* (I stress this word) than running from them *in the game* (again, stressing). However, if a cop were to pull a gun on me, after accidentally sliding into him on a sharp turn -- I would already be in the fetal position before she/he could pull the hammer back.

Humanity cannot be studied in an MMO. :'-(