RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Day Z in UO?

Gosmann

Sorceror
Progress

added perma-death
added zombies (based on SpookyRoberts and Thagoras script, but look different, screen below)

Attachments

• UOZ.jpg
    UOZ.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 87

pooka01

Sorceror
Do they have different types? Or different stats, (already damaged, slow ones, running ones), because running zombies are awesome.

Gosmann

Sorceror
they are pretty all the same, but this could easily be changed/ extended
I love the fast ones too :-D right now they are slow, but thats also easy to change:)

Question to everyone - Which Spawnsystem should I use for the Zombie Spawns?
How should barricading work? if someone "drops" furniture, it will be deleted after some time right?
any ideas?
What's the best way to prevent the players to leave britain area?

Sorceror
The pain begins... cant connect to UO
I'm using newest runuo svn, and the latest classic client 7.0.27.5
I have changed login in uo directory, I have encryption script found in the custom scripts section
I changed keys to fit my client version, still cant connect:S
what's wrong?

dude, i find it out finally that - 7.0.27.5 is fixed to connect "login.ultimaonline.com", but not the ip in "Login.cfg"
;)

pooka01

Sorceror
As for furniture, i would suggest making a decay of 24 hours or more, 1 hour isn't enough.
Also, AOS+ are weird for npcs, they can walk on items on the floor that players can't, making a row of table movable true can't stop them.
I think there's an easy fix for that.

By the way, will you use the pre-AOS era? Because i don't see "hit poison area" on a weapon to kill zombies.
Will you also keep magery?

Gosmann

Sorceror
I think I will deactivate decaying of furniture if I figure out how to do this.
There will be no magery.
-I got this idea to make this pre-AOS, Items undestroyable and e.g. skillet unlimited useable though they will be really rare to find, both useful items and weapons.
-There will be a small safezone with only one special vendor who buys pretty everything, and sell food but for a really expensive price.
-Game is set on felucca on the whole haven island, right now I try to decorate the city like a real apocalypse city, but I'm not good at it, hope to find someone who is more talented at this than me!

pooka01

Sorceror
I'm pretty good at making destroyed towns.

I would also suggest making every tools unlimited "charges".

Also, maybe a special backpack like in dayz? take pack/ drop pack, with limit of storage, etc.
For start i would say 20, then 25, then 50, then 75 for last?

Gosmann

Sorceror
on map felucca, haven island decorating to make haven look devastated
here is deco file so far, exported trough neruns premium spawner command "statex mydeco"
change txt extension to cfg --> MyDeco.cfg

Attachments

• MyDeco.txt
    8 KB · Views: 5
couldnt you just use centred and do away with the new buildings in Haven and keep the part that is already destroyed? might make things easier

Gosmann

Sorceror
yeah thought about that but didnt want to make client changes so everybody can enjoy without downloading something

some screens
UOZ3.pngUOZ4.pngUOZ5.png

you could always change the char creation location to inside old haven, then put blockers around old haven to keep people from getting out.

ok..so you dont plan to destroy the buildings? because anything you do to the actual building structure will require a patch

Gosmann

Sorceror
I know that, it would be nice though but lets keep that for the future:)
No I just talk about some broken furniture, spider webs, garbage and blood like you can see on pictures, that is everything

Sorceror
did you solved the problem? if you did how?
yes, i made it. the easiest way --
1> open client.exe with HEX editor, such as "WinHex"
2> search ASIIC string "login.ultimaonline.com", you will find 2
3> replace these 2 strings(including port -- ,7775/,7776) with your own DOMAIN or IP(including port ,2593) seperately
4> fill the rest hex bytes with hex value 0x00.

CAUSTION: new string must not exceed orignal string length

and now You Made it ! LoL.

Attachments

• change-ip.GIF
    change-ip.GIF
    26.4 KB · Views: 53

Evanonian

Sorceror
I like this Idea, there should be a whole DayZ server pack for RunUO a server where players don't establish homes or anything. No NPC's, Just zombies. Fel only for the PvP no skill gains, the items you find will give you the appropriate skill bonuses. If you find a X-Bow it gives you 100 Tactics/Archery so it's streamline and when you die you have to make a new character. :)

pooka01

Sorceror
I like this Idea, there should be a whole DayZ server pack for RunUO a server where players don't establish homes or anything. No NPC's, Just zombies. Fel only for the PvP no skill gains, the items you find will give you the appropriate skill bonuses. If you find a X-Bow it gives you 100 Tactics/Archery so it's streamline and when you die you have to make a new character. :)
Well, it would easier not having a felucca and trammel option, 2 maps to populate, 2 maps to decorate, 2 maps to edit in scripting. Also, it requires skill to use an xbow, you can't just learn in a sec...

A custom skill system would be more appropriate, a skill cap wouldn't be needed.
example:
Riding, Stealth, Combat, Logistic, Accuracy, Searching, Carpentry/Tinkering/Blacksmithy/Tailoring, Defense, Medecine.

-To ride a horse, you don't need to tame it... In reality, it would flee. But the horse itself should have a special propriety for "used to humans" with a random number on spawn on 10, coming with actions such as giving food to the horse that would have a hunger system when in range of a player it would start the "clock", and out of range it stops, to avoid dying horses everywhere and remove the stable system need.
-Stealth would be a good advantage, forget about hiding, hiding is almost the same as stealth... Being silent, being non-visible, well, avoiding being noticed. When idle too long the character would go in hiding mode, as he stops moving.
-Combat it would be easier if all the weapon skills would be mixed in one, the important thing is to hit the target, if you have a kryss, but only know sword, you would hit the monster with it like a sword, no matter if you must pierce. Archery is also counted in this, as well as wrestling. It doesn't require accuracy, if you wouldn't have accuracy, you would just miss more, but if you have accuracy and no combat, you will hit faster and miss less, but weak attacks will occur.
-Logistic, Used as throwing and archery accuracy, if you don't have it, you will miss more your target, same thing wrote above about accuracy and weapon speed, except that the attacks won't be weaker, you will lose more range if you don't have combat skill.
-Accuracy, used as close combat skill, it makes the attacks stronger, and more efficient, this is close to tactics.
-Searching, it would be used as searching for items in houses, in bodies, garbages, etc. Well, spotting. It would be also usable as detect hidden in a small radius, (instead of revealing all on the screen).
-Carpentry/Tinkering/Blacksmithy, i don't need to explain this alot.
-Defense, reduces the chance of the enemy or zombie to hit you and reduces the damage dealt of the opponent.
-Medecine, Applying bandage, while attacking someone, yelling magic spells, throwing a potion, and riding your mount, is kinda exagerated. So i would suggest a big change. Poisons should be in 2 category, lesser and regular are blood poison, so would require potions. greater, deadly, and lethal would require bandages, and a timer without moving. Same for the bleeding. It wouldn't stop bleeding with time, if your blood is too low, you are weaker. To heal someone else, you must apply the bandage, being in a range of one, and both must not move until the bandage is applied. But that will just stop the bleeding, not recovering the health at 100%, it is not that easy! Drink water often to get more blood, or get a transfusion, THEN, your health would be at 100%. In real life, bandages aren't removing instantly the health problems!

And with this, it would be useful to have a new stats system, a new gump would probably be easier to see the stats, but keeping the 3 main as health, blood, and stamina on the normal healthbar is needed, as they are important informations.
example:
Strength, Endurance, Health, Weight, Speed, Agility, Hunger/Thrist.

-Strength, obvious.
-Endurance, run longer, decrease the decreasing rate of the stamina, well, it is the stamina.
-Health, intelligence being on the side of the player himself, i see no sense of adding it, and for mana, nothing requires mana. Instead, i would set it as an indicator of zombie disease, and the regular health for general life state.
-Weight, you eat too much, get weight, don't eat, be hungry, lose weight, lose strength, more weight, more visibility. if you have alot of weight and strength, you can shove easily the zombies and persons.
-Speed, you run faster, not sure if this is very possible... Maybe by tweaking the core files of the speed packet.
-Agility, climb faster, ladders would be slowly climbed, and not with a horse... Also jump over fences faster without being hurt, fall of higher distance with less damage, things like that.
-Hunger/Thirst, obvious enough too, don't eat, get poisoned, and die.

Evanonian

Sorceror
Well, it would easier not having a felucca and trammel option, 2 maps to populate, 2 maps to decorate, 2 maps to edit in scripting. Also, it requires skill to use an xbow, you can't just learn in a sec...

A custom skill system would be more appropriate, a skill cap wouldn't be needed.
example:
Riding, Stealth, Combat, Logistic, Accuracy, Searching, Carpentry/Tinkering/Blacksmithy/Tailoring, Defense, Medecine.

-To ride a horse, you don't need to tame it... In reality, it would flee. But the horse itself should have a special propriety for "used to humans" with a random number on spawn on 10, coming with actions such as giving food to the horse that would have a hunger system when in range of a player it would start the "clock", and out of range it stops, to avoid dying horses everywhere and remove the stable system need.
-Stealth would be a good advantage, forget about hiding, hiding is almost the same as stealth... Being silent, being non-visible, well, avoiding being noticed. When idle too long the character would go in hiding mode, as he stops moving.
-Combat it would be easier if all the weapon skills would be mixed in one, the important thing is to hit the target, if you have a kryss, but only know sword, you would hit the monster with it like a sword, no matter if you must pierce. Archery is also counted in this, as well as wrestling. It doesn't require accuracy, if you wouldn't have accuracy, you would just miss more, but if you have accuracy and no combat, you will hit faster and miss less, but weak attacks will occur.
-Logistic, Used as throwing and archery accuracy, if you don't have it, you will miss more your target, same thing wrote above about accuracy and weapon speed, except that the attacks won't be weaker, you will lose more range if you don't have combat skill.
-Accuracy, used as close combat skill, it makes the attacks stronger, and more efficient, this is close to tactics.
-Searching, it would be used as searching for items in houses, in bodies, garbages, etc. Well, spotting. It would be also usable as detect hidden in a small radius, (instead of revealing all on the screen).
-Defense, reduces the chance of the enemy or zombie to hit you and reduces the damage dealt of the opponent.
-Medecine, Applying bandage, while attacking someone, yelling magic spells, throwing a potion, and riding your mount, is kinda exagerated. So i would suggest a big change. Poisons should be in 2 category, lesser and regular are blood poison, so would require potions. greater, deadly, and lethal would require bandages, and a timer without moving. Same for the bleeding. It wouldn't stop bleeding with time, if your blood is too low, you are weaker. To heal someone else, you must apply the bandage, being in a range of one, and both must not move until the bandage is applied. But that will just stop the bleeding, not recovering the health at 100%, it is not that easy! Drink water often to get more blood, or get a transfusion, THEN, your health would be at 100%. In real life, bandages aren't removing instantly the health problems!

And with this, it would be useful to have a new stats system, a new gump would probably be easier to see the stats, but keeping the 3 main as health, blood, and stamina on the normal healthbar is needed, as they are important informations.
example:

-Strength, obvious.
-Endurance, run longer, decrease the decreasing rate of the stamina, well, it is the stamina.
-Health, intelligence being on the side of the player himself, i see no sense of adding it, and for mana, nothing requires mana. Instead, i would set it as an indicator of zombie disease, and the regular health for general life state.
-Weight, you eat too much, get weight, don't eat, be hungry, lose weight, lose strength, more weight, more visibility. if you have alot of weight and strength, you can shove easily the zombies and persons.
-Speed, you run faster, not sure if this is very possible... Maybe by tweaking the core files of the speed packet.
-Agility, climb faster, ladders would be slowly climbed, and not with a horse... Also jump over fences faster without being hurt, fall of higher distance with less damage, things like that.

Well yeah, I only suggested Felucca only because that way it fits the spirit of DayZ where you can kill people and take there stuff. I guess I was trying to think of a way to do it without core edits etc. But either way I fully support this idea and I think it's great I'd even host a server for it and help any way I possibly could. But all of those are really good ideas. :)

example:

example:

-Strength, obvious.

There is a system where you have to learn certain skills..one of them is horseback riding...you cant just jump on a horse and ride it with the system..you actually have to train it by attempting to ride it.