RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dialog NPC

Arya

Wanderer
SingularityZero said:
Made a post in submissions with a quest NPC I made. Hope someone finds it useful. I know I learned a little more code when trying to make it. Thanks for the inspiration Arya.
I'm happy you're building upon it, that was the whole point of the script :)

Met666

Wanderer
Great work, i was working on very similar script, but my script has in game dialog editor. I'll not continue my work as you already created this script which actually has more functionality than mine. Not much a surprise though.

I got System.IndexOutOfRangeException too, with russian symbols. I'm sure this happens because UOFont.dll tries to load a symbol that doesn't exist in uo fonts.mul. I thought that workaround would be to edit xml file in text editor but it didn't work. Server crashed instead and crash report was not generated.

steamin

Wanderer
This is a great Program Ayra. What Do you do in your spare time? :D
I see lots of Programs from you. I'am amazed. Puh.

What about spawns? How long live the NPC.
The CantWalk = true; don't seem to be work. He or she with long beard :D is wandering?

Bradley

Sorceror
Met666 said:
I got System.IndexOutOfRangeException too, with russian symbols. I'm sure this happens because UOFont.dll tries to load a symbol that doesn't exist in uo fonts.mul. I thought that workaround would be to edit xml file in text editor but it didn't work. Server crashed instead and crash report was not generated.

wow, people are actually using my UOFont.DLL? It needs a few updates, but I didn't think anyone was using it. I'll have to get around to those fixes soon :) Can you give me more details on the error that you are getting? I may be able to fix that also.

Met666

Wanderer
Bradley said:
wow, people are actually using my UOFont.DLL? It needs a few updates, but I didn't think anyone was using it. I'll have to get around to those fixes soon :) Can you give me more details on the error that you are getting? I may be able to fix that also.
Exception text was posted above. I think error occurs because there is no check if character exists in fonts.mul. I think you need to add this check and make it so character won't be displayed if it has wrong index to get rid of this error.

Met666

Wanderer
The scripts and program are great, I just have tested them. It would be a great addition if it'd be possible to pass parameters to a function called from choice action so there'll be no need to create two different functions for example to give 500 gold and 1000 gold to player.

Z

Zigler

I am curious not sure if this has been asked.. but is there a way to make it so i can set the dialogname in an xml spawner.. its read only in props.. is there a way to fix this? or no? just curious.. cuase would like to make my npcs mortal.. like all the rest of my npcs in the world.. and maybe give the players a fighting chance to defend against this angered npcs.

Z

Zigler

oh btw arya dont know if i have mentioned this before.. but your my heroe.... *bows* you do such great work.. and make such powerful tools/scripts.. this submission alone could have its on website/submissions site.... if i had the recourses and time i would set that up myself... *applauds* thank you for all your hard work. soon ill be sending you some cash thru your site hopefully you dont have a donate option set up for it.

Arya

Wanderer
Thank you Zigler, I really appreciate your words. I'm not accepting donations myself, however my site is hosted by RunUO so if you wish to make a donation please donate to runuo.com and Ryan who's actually the one paying the bills for my traffic.

Again, thanks you! :)

Urk

Wanderer
I am facing one problem. Whenever I try to use Russian language in DialogEditor it crashes. Is there are any way to fix it?

Arya

Wanderer
Same issue as for Chinese. Will be fixed in the next revision. I'm sorry about the delay but I'm busy in real life and have little time these days. It will come eventually don't worry :)

Met666

Wanderer
Urk said:
I am facing one problem. Whenever I try to use Russian language in DialogEditor it crashes. Is there are any way to fix it?
Simply fill the fields with uo font preview in English in the editor and save. Then open saved xml file with your favorite text editor and replace your english text with russian. This is only needed for fields with preview, all other fields can contain russian symbols in the editor and will be saved correcly. On some systems you also need to edit first line of xml file to <?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1251"?>, otherwise dialog might not work in game.

I think the same applies to Chinese.

u4ic

Wanderer
Hi, this is definately a nice addition to my server, I only have one quick question though..

- How would I add a DialogNPC to a spawner with a preset DialogName? (So when he dies, he spawns back to his settings)

steamin

Wanderer
In the class DialogNPC, Memberfunction PerformChoice(...) must be the last lines

if ( m_Users.Contains( m ) )
SendSpeechGump( speech, m );

instead of

SendSpeechGump( speech, m );

because the call before

choice.PerformInvoke( m, this );

could result in a call of

npc.EndConversation(m);

the possible result would be that the player has an inaccessible gump.

Aramis1971

Wanderer
Custom Map

How can we configure Go to fit a custom map ?

Also i've a suggestion if this can ever been done it could be very nice if it can react to a certain skill level. Example someone is gm smith it can give him a quest that someone is a fighter wont make him react.

Your script is awesome btw, i hope they will include it in the next RunUO version :)

Arya

Wanderer
I plan on adding a custom function trigger in the next revision, so you will be able to do pretty much anything you wish :)

u4ic

Wanderer
Arya said:
I plan on adding a custom function trigger in the next revision, so you will be able to do pretty much anything you wish :)

thanks, what about making the script save a custom .cs mobile file that calls the spawner's mobile from the script it saves, maybe its only accessible after a restart but still, I started using this script last week and i think it would save me countless hours of scripting, although i already know how, If it saved (exported) the mobile's you can spawn, I think this would be a much greater script (although I do already think its my most useful =) )., :)

Arya

Wanderer
There's no need for a custom mobile class. In the next version you will also be able define in the XML (and change on the fly) the mobile's look as well (maybe some stats/skills too, not sure yet).