RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dialog NPC

espositopm

Wanderer
Can you get me this somehow?

Arya yer script sounds awesome. I am looking for something just like this for my server Akara Essex. In the beginning location where players start I would like to have a Lord British Type character npc that players can talk to and get extra information about hiring staff and other stuff. Right now Lord British is a healer on my shard that just sits in his throne and res's ppl I would love to be able to edit the dialogue and make it more like in ultima 6 when you could ask Lord British questions based on keywords and he would answer you This would save me and my staff lots of time instead of answering pages about hiring and about shard workings.
Please let me know where I can download this script and test it out. Thanks
Pete
Espositopm -Membername
Rahvin the evil

Arya

Wanderer
There's a download link in one of the previous post. Due to a technical issue I couldn't update the first post (I will next week). If you want a keyword based one search for Conversational NPC (it's a simpler and slightly different version of this).

Necrocircle

Wanderer
I'm sorry

This may seem a bit ignorant of a question, but I have no idea how to use this program. Well, I know how to use the program, but I don't know hot to implement the files with RunUO so that I can create a charactor with dialog. Basically, I know nothing at all. Could somebody help me(step by step instructions w/ examples) or send me a link to where this subject might be covered. Thank you.

-Necrocircle

Ghaleon0850

Wanderer
I love your script but i desperately need help.. for some reason whenever i double click the NPC it tells me there are no configuration files available.. but i made a folder inside of my RunUO 1.0 RC0 folder named TheBox then inside of that folder a folder called Dialog and i placed the files ThiefSample, CassanovaSample and TravelSample inside.. i load up fine but when i double click the npc i cant select those files... any ideas what im doing wrong? any help is appreciated. :confused: :eek:

paole

Wanderer
Ghaleon0850 said:
I love your script but i desperately need help.. for some reason whenever i double click the NPC it tells me there are no configuration files available.. but i made a folder inside of my RunUO 1.0 RC0 folder named TheBox then inside of that folder a folder called Dialog and i placed the files ThiefSample, CassanovaSample and TravelSample inside.. i load up fine but when i double click the npc i cant select those files... any ideas what im doing wrong? any help is appreciated. :confused: :eek:

you need to place a xml-file in the directory \RunUO\TheBox\Dialog, the .cs-files are no config. :)

paole

Wanderer
Necrocircle said:
Well, I know how to use the program, but I don't know hot to implement the files with RunUO so that I can create a charactor with dialog. Basically, I know nothing at all. Could somebody help me(step by step instructions w/ examples)

- dl the .zip and unpack it to your \RunUO\Scripts\custom
- open DialogEditor.exe (found in \RunUO\Scripts\custom\DialogNPC\DialogEditor
- create a dialog (self-explaining i think) and save it to \Runuo\TheBox\Dialog\
- start your RunUO and a client :p
- ingame type [add dialogNPC
- doubleclick the created NPC and choose the config-file you created
- done

paole

Wanderer
hmm, now i got a question too: how can i use an existing mobile to customize the dialognpc's look? if i use the Custom Outfit Funcion and refer the Type to Server.Mobiles.Healer and the function to Healer, he doesn't save my entries.

how do i refer the right way?

Arya

Wanderer
That's not possible, you need to either derive a custom DialogNPC from your healer, or script the look, or use the outfit editor to reproduce it.

paole

Wanderer
Arya said:
That's not possible, you need to either derive a custom DialogNPC from your healer, or script the look, or use the outfit editor to reproduce it.
k, thx. and thx for this nice script! ;)

Tsarina9

Wanderer
Arya, this program is amazing! You must have put a lot of hard work into it. Like all of your scripts- Spectacular! :)

akrondar

Wanderer
anyone??

Anyone has a copy of the examples html?... for the traveler, the thief and casanova.. please.. :)

Very very very nice script.. XD :) :) :)

J

Jimbot

i'll find some sort of use for this maybe as a race watcher on my sea horse race way!

Trying

Sorceror
Great Script Arya, this truely is an amazing bit of kit, however I was wondering if perhaps you could give me an idea if this is possible... ?

I would like to spawn LB in his throne room, thats the easy bit, however to put on his "clothing" I have to create it manually and then change the props on it to "player" to be able to equip the dialognpc with it on the doll, then every so often the npc will respawn leaving poor old LB naked.. I was wondering if there was away of making it where the npc doesn`t respawn.. so he keeps the LB package as I have put it on each time, or perhaps is there was a way of making the dialog npc an "Gamemaster" status so that he can wear the LB kit, of course then i would need to work out how to make a custom script for the LB package to go on.. so it maybe easier to just somehow turn off the respawn on any given npc, so they are perm in the world....

Again thanks for a great script this has indeed changed the way Quests will run on almost every server thats out there... your a genius... ;)

paole

Wanderer
how do i set a reaction trigger for InRange or OnMovement, so the NPC starts his dialog, if smbd moves into a specified range?

TriggerFunction: Type? Name?

Ignius

Wanderer
Arya man this is my favriot script ever it realy helps out with my RP server i have no complaints just one request would it be to hard to make a converter so it would make the XML into just a normal script or even somthing that would allow me to spawn my npc's anyways thats all i wanted to know cuz that would be ALOT of help but if not thats kewl youve already done nuff for me :)

PS. great job on the script anypost with your name on it has become a instant must read for me thanks man i meen it great script

Arya

Wanderer
paoloe, what you're asking is explained in the readme file. Please review that for information on using custom functions.

Ignius, you can already spawn those NPCs using any spawner that allows you to set properties on spawn (such as the XmlSpawner). You only need to set the DialogName property to the correct datafile and your NPC will be automatically configured after it spawns.

Ignius

Wanderer
thanks arya ive never realy messed with xml spawner but it seems alot of people like it so mabie i should try it out thanks

Ignius

Wanderer
ok ive been messing with xml spawner2 for about a hour now and i dont know just what i have to do to make it spawn the dialognpc and load the dialog i want to use