RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you think Kerry Would Have Done Better Job Then Bush?

Do you think Kerry Would Have Done Better Job Then Bush?

• Yes

Votes: 35 43.8%
  • No

Votes: 45 56.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WarAngel

Wanderer
Solereaper: I'm not even going to reply to you anymore. It's obvious that you don't care enough to cite some real resources like a news site or something that isn't just "what people say is right."

Solereaper

Sorceror
WarAngel said:
Solereaper: I'm not even going to reply to you anymore. It's obvious that you don't care enough to cite some real resources like a news site or something that isn't just "what people say is right."

What is NBC? Heck it's even an American news media. You would know that if you did read my posts correctly. ;)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6621523/

I'm bored of this topic any way...:p

Joeku

Lord
Solereaper said:
I'm bored of this topic any way...:p
Therefore...

And, last but not least...

By yours truly! Thank you, come again! :p

P.S. Bush won by 9 votes!

Celestria

Wanderer
Just because

Okay I haven't been on in a few days but I saw this and just HAD to respond. :D

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
-Benjamin Franklin

First of All Ben Franklin was a rich land owning white male who didn't want to pay his taxes.(thankyou daze and confused for putting it so eloquently) Two he was frequently drunk or High, and three, this comming from a man who said "God gave us beer to make us happy."? LOL when people quote him, I wonder why they think we should respect his quotes. With all I said aside, he also lived in a different time with a different problem. If he saw what was happening today I think he would support taking the fight to the terrorists and their affiliates.
I mean if this man was willing to start a revolution over taxes, what on Gods green earth makes you think he wouldn't be all for knocking a few heads for oil,and retaliation?

And the owned pictures are great, the best is the one of the boy getting t-bagged lol lovely!

Ilutzio

Sorceror
In response to Celestria:

The way i see it: You don't nessesarily have great respect for someone to quote them, sometimes you qoute them because on that particualr topic (that the qoute touches) they bring forth the same views as you yourself belive in, and the reason you qoute them is because they "put it" better then you could.

Furthermore:

The qoute says: don't give up your essential freedom in order to feel safe. I agree with that (and don't agree with it because i respect Franklin.)
Look at The Patriot Act, theres a good example of how basic freedom is given up in order to (perhaps) gain safety.

With the patriot act; the authorieties can check up on ANYONE, their medical records, finance documents, telephone conversations, library records etc. even if you haven't commited a crime.
That is pure robbery of the individuals freedom.
Allthou... it's not robbery, it's the people that has "choosen" to give up their freedom, and "big brother" "humbly" accepts the "gift".

Halfsite

Sorceror
American Military Deaths as of March 31st 2006

Just to fix an earlier statement that there was 18000 American deaths

According to CNN
2,326 American Deaths :(
more than 17000 wounded

now I know that anyone dying is not good but in a Military point of view the numbers are very very small.

Blaaatz

Sorceror
Just as a quick reply and a soldier in the Unites States Army and previously the US Marine Corp I did choose Bush. Not for any reason other than he was here when everything happened. He had to make quick decisions that impacted all of us. No offense to Democrats or Republicans but let me put it in laymans terms. Say your working for a guy who has evaluated everyones worth in a company and is handing out raises to those people that have deserved it and firing those who have not. He knows from his evaluations who has done what. Then you also have the option of someone replacing him that has not been through the entire review process of everyone in the company but he has to make the same decisions with the very same deadline as the first. With the first person you know if you have worked hard enough or not and you know whether you still have a job or not. With the second guy you have no idea as he is coming in and is going to do what he believes is right but not going to have the time to review each individaul issue.Now say you were sick on one of the days the new guy came in but yet it was your first time being sick ever in your life... who is going to get fired??? Same with this situation. We are at war. We have been at war before. In fact we have been at war several times. SOme of them major. But you know what? We have been at war less than most of the countries in the world. Yes we have had soldiers die but as a soldier I signed up with all the knowledge in the world that I could die at anytime serving my country and most of all Serving each and everyone of you. You are all American Citizens and if you are so disgusted with that fact then why have you not moved to another country? I served Under President Clinton as well AS both of the Bushes and you know I have more respect for George W. Bush than I do for any other president I have served under. The reason being is he is trying his best to make you and me safe along with my family and my loved ones. No he is not perfect. Are you? If you are then please run for president and fix the world as it is very screwed up. I bet you couldnt. Im not trying to accuse anyone of anything and Im not jumping down anyones backs im just saying please look at the bigger picture. The United States are Heros to alot of countries. sometime because we jump in and help when we should stay the heck out (vietnam was one of those) but this time WE were attacked. We were hit. Did you lose a family member in one of theTwin towers? maybe one of the planes? well if not then just think about those that did lose a son,mother,daughter,brother,father,sister,aunt,cousin etc..... alot of people died that day and someone had to make a decision what should we have done about that issue? bent over and asked for another? Im sorry if I get upset but as much as I hate Bush (he was govenor of my state for a while) I do respect him for the fact that he has had to make more important decisions in one day than 99% of you have had to make your entire life. So quit complaining, Add a little support and next election vote for who you want and if you lose suck it up and support your troops and your presidents decisions like I did Clinton. They may not be the best ideas but we are here today because of our presidents of the past. otherwise we would have been gone along time ago. Ask your parents or grandparents. they will tell you iof some great things no matter who the president was at least they kept America Free.

Blaaatz said:
Just as a quick reply and a soldier in the Unites States Army and previously the US Marine Corp I did choose Bush. Not for any reason other than he was here when everything happened. He had to make quick decisions that impacted all of us. No offense to Democrats or Republicans but let me put it in laymans terms. Say your working for a guy who has evaluated everyones worth in a company and is handing out raises to those people that have deserved it and firing those who have not. He knows from his evaluations who has done what. Then you also have the option of someone replacing him that has not been through the entire review process of everyone in the company but he has to make the same decisions with the very same deadline as the first. With the first person you know if you have worked hard enough or not and you know whether you still have a job or not. With the second guy you have no idea as he is coming in and is going to do what he believes is right but not going to have the time to review each individaul issue.Now say you were sick on one of the days the new guy came in but yet it was your first time being sick ever in your life... who is going to get fired??? Same with this situation. We are at war. We have been at war before. In fact we have been at war several times. SOme of them major. But you know what? We have been at war less than most of the countries in the world. Yes we have had soldiers die but as a soldier I signed up with all the knowledge in the world that I could die at anytime serving my country and most of all Serving each and everyone of you. You are all American Citizens and if you are so disgusted with that fact then why have you not moved to another country? I served Under President Clinton as well AS both of the Bushes and you know I have more respect for George W. Bush than I do for any other president I have served under. The reason being is he is trying his best to make you and me safe along with my family and my loved ones. No he is not perfect. Are you? If you are then please run for president and fix the world as it is very screwed up. I bet you couldnt. Im not trying to accuse anyone of anything and Im not jumping down anyones backs im just saying please look at the bigger picture. The United States are Heros to alot of countries. sometime because we jump in and help when we should stay the heck out (vietnam was one of those) but this time WE were attacked. We were hit. Did you lose a family member in one of theTwin towers? maybe one of the planes? well if not then just think about those that did lose a son,mother,daughter,brother,father,sister,aunt,cousin etc..... alot of people died that day and someone had to make a decision what should we have done about that issue? bent over and asked for another? Im sorry if I get upset but as much as I hate Bush (he was govenor of my state for a while) I do respect him for the fact that he has had to make more important decisions in one day than 99% of you have had to make your entire life. So quit complaining, Add a little support and next election vote for who you want and if you lose suck it up and support your troops and your presidents decisions like I did Clinton. They may not be the best ideas but we are here today because of our presidents of the past. otherwise we would have been gone along time ago. Ask your parents or grandparents. they will tell you iof some great things no matter who the president was at least they kept America Free.
I know you meant no harm, but this post is old as hell. And while necroing a thread is bad, necroing a thread which was very uhh...argumentative, is a VERY bad idea. I know you didnt mean anything by it but yeah. now, Berating over, noticed its your first post, Welcome to RunUO, have fun!

o0_Sithid_0o said:
My sister is a US Marine( shes in japan atm, happy its not iraq :) ) and regardless of how much i scared she will get hurt I still sleep much better at night knowing sadam is put away.

Bush may not have done it 100% correct but he still got the job done.

And exactly what job has he got done? Our soldiers are getting killed over in Iraq . I'm totally against this stupid war....I am proud of our Men and Women in our Military and salute them.....But you can't push our beliefs down another countrys throat that doesn't want it....It is heartbreaking to see our soliders dying over there for WHAT cause?

TMSTKSBK

Lord
@ DC - désolé, mais allez à l'enfer, svp. (Yeah, ok, maybe that's a little strong...)

@ AB - Not technically a necro unless it's a month old.

TMSTKSBK said:
@ DC - désolé, mais allez à l'enfer, svp. (Yeah, ok, maybe that's a little strong...)

@ AB - Not technically a necro unless it's a month old.

I wasn't paying attention to the post date on this...Or I would of never post on a old thead...I just got into a little debate over this same issue the other day with a friend...Lol

We all have our opinions of things and thats good, because if we were all the same it would be awful boring...

TMS Not sure what you said, but think you cussed me...LOL :p