RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Documentation Generation Crash

Vorspire

Knight
The documentations command [DocGen has a very small flaw it it which causes it to fail on generic types taht do not contain the ` char.

IndexOutOfRangeException

Line 2432, Commands/Docs.cs
Code:
int index = type.Name.IndexOf( '`' );

string rootType = type.Name.Substring( 0, index );

Obvious fix:
Code:
int index = type.Name.IndexOf( '`' );

if(index < 0)
{ index = 0; }

string rootType = type.Name.Substring( 0, index );

I think it threw an error for me when it tried to document a generic delegate, but not sure, have since deleted the crash log after the fix.

Vorspire

Knight
Indeed. I didn't see this thread until just a few days ago. We usually handle bug reports from the Demise bug reporting section.

Unfortunately I don't play on Demise and this bug report had nothing to do with Demise, it involved the community as a whole and every RunUO-based free-server out there.
So basically what you're saying is that general RunUO bug reports or modification suggestions will not even be checked unless it has something to do with Demise?
Baring in mind that this bug report was made before Ryan introduced Jira. (Is that even being used?)

I don't want to shoot the messenger here, but this is a grade A+ example of the separation between UOGamers and the community that keeps the RunUO emulator alive.

Eos

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately I don't play on Demise and this bug report had nothing to do with Demise, it involved the community as a whole and every RunUO-based free-server out there.
The section I mentioned is for RunUO bugs, actually, not Demise specific bugs. The section is in the Demise forums because bug reports are mostly handled and pushed into the RunUO SVN by Demise developers. They are also tested on a production scale on Demise.

So basically what you're saying is that general RunUO bug reports or modification suggestions will not even be checked unless it has something to do with Demise?
Not at all, we'll take on any bug relating to RunUO.

Baring in mind that this bug report was made before Ryan introduced Jira. (Is that even being used?)
It is being used, yes, although not at the moment. Posting it there would've worked as well, but it has been down for a while. While it is down, we're using the forums like we did before.

The point I was making by linking you to the other forum section is merely that we check the other forum section more often. The fact that this report was not handled in such a long time was completely unnecessary, and I would've handled it sooner if I knew of its existence. :)