RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Dog" Chapman Arrested For Bail Jumping

Johabius

Knight
"Dog" Chapman Arrested For Bail Jumping

Are any of you familiar with Duane "Dog" Chapman? He has a show on the A&E network called "Dog The Bounty Hunter"
He was arrested today for allegedly jumping bail in Mexico. Isn't that ironic?
http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/09/14/dog.bounty/index.html

Duane "Dog" Chapman, the self-proclaimed world's most-famous bounty hunter who achieved notoriety nabbing thousands of bail jumpers was arrested Thursday for allegedly jumping bail in Mexico. U.S. marshals arrested the star of the A&E reality show "Dog the Bounty Hunter" at his home in Hawaii at the request of the Mexican government.

Johabius

Knight
It seems that bounty hunting is illegal in Mexico. He nabbed Max Factor heir Andrew Luster in Puerto Villarta back in 2003.
Charges have been pending against the three (Duane Champman, his son Leland, and associate Tim Chapman) since local police in Mexico arrested them shortly after they roped in Luster. They posted bail but never returned to Puerto Villarta for their court hearing on July 15, 2003.

Johabius

Knight
He spent time in a Texas Prison many years ago.

Considered the greatest bounty hunter in the world, Duane "Dog" Chapman has made more than 6,000 captures in his 27-year career. This highly intense, charismatic ex-con and born-again Christian is the king of the comebacks. This modern-day hero once served time in a Texas prison. "I am what rehabilitation stands for," Dog says.

http://www.aetv.com/dog_the_bounty_hunter/dog_castcrew.jsp?index=0&type=actor

Johabius

Knight
Viago said:
all you need is conections and a supply of weapons
As long as they were less than lethal weapons, that would be fine with me.
I haven't felt comfortable around guns since my step-dad shot himself through the roof of his mouth back in '92

daat99

Staff member
Viago said:
never bring a knife to a gun fight
Why? You can blind the person that hold the gun with the light reflection from the knife... works every time ;)

madphatboy2

Wanderer
I may be putting my self way out there, but I don't think that judging Dog by his past is a worthwhile effort considering the good he has done to make up for it. If you have ever gone to his website www.dogthebountyhunter.com and read up on his past you would understand that his goals in life are about helping others. Every fugitive that they capture, they try to help by getting them into drug rehab, or try to help them see that the life of crime they have is not worth it. The only reason Dog is as good as he is is because yes, he was a criminal at one point, and he will openly tell you that. But wouldn't it be a much better use of your time to congradulate someone that has hit rock bottom and come back to help others that are in trouble? Sure Beth has a temper, but she also wants to help the people they capture. He is LUCKY that she is on his side, because she is smart. (and if anything else, she can just knock the fugitives over with her boobs. :D) I'm an avid Dog fan, but if he missed a court date for mexico being dicks, then *chokes* he deserves to be captured himself. I just hope he is able to find a way to get things resolved so that he can get back to capturing people that truly deserve to be in prison.

Nar Matteru

Wanderer
madphatboy2 said:
I may be putting my self way out there, but I don't think that judging Dog by his past is a worthwhile effort considering the good he has done to make up for it. If you have ever gone to his website www.dogthebountyhunter.com and read up on his past you would understand that his goals in life are about helping others. Every fugitive that they capture, they try to help by getting them into drug rehab, or try to help them see that the life of crime they have is not worth it. The only reason Dog is as good as he is is because yes, he was a criminal at one point, and he will openly tell you that. But wouldn't it be a much better use of your time to congradulate someone that has hit rock bottom and come back to help others that are in trouble? Sure Beth has a temper, but she also wants to help the people they capture. He is LUCKY that she is on his side, because she is smart. (and if anything else, she can just knock the fugitives over with her boobs. :D) I'm an avid Dog fan, but if he missed a court date for mexico being dicks, then *chokes* he deserves to be captured himself. I just hope he is able to find a way to get things resolved so that he can get back to capturing people that truly deserve to be in prison.
Depends on the case. If Osama Bin Laden starts opening up a chain of orphanages, somehow I think I'd still think he was a cunt.

bzk90

Lord
didn't somebody post some quotes from the mexicos "constitution"...something about any non citezen can be held for any reason for any amount of time