RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Doom Rare System

RoninGT

Sorceror
Doom Rare System (UPDATED 7/14/2004)

Doom Rare System v1.1

First i cannot take full credit for this, I started this a long while back and its now just where i think its ok to submit, I have had alot of help from Voran :) and i have used other doom rare systems as a base for this one. and its not 100% done just yet i plan to update with stealable Titans hammers and other weap and armor stealables like OSI.

Updates
Added stealable artifacts like titans hammer and such
Added RareGen Command.
Updated stealing.cs
Updated doomspawners

Once you have installed the system, Say [RareGen in game to spawn all doom rares. This command will place all the doomspawners for the rares. In there correct spots. Also sets up the doomspawners respawn times. per OSI rare respawn times. (As close as i could find) The command also sets up the pedestal in lamp post room and the 3 teleporters. Some of the rares would not spawn at the right z (Such as hanging armor rares) so the command will place invisible night stands under 3 rares that will let the spawn at the right z, Yes i know this is ghetto but was the only fix i could find atm. If i can find a better way ill add it into my next update. Players cannot see the stands only Staff members.

Tested on v1.0 of RunUO no bugs i found it live on my shard now.
If you find any bugs please reply back here, PM me, or email me at [email protected]. and i will get them fixed asap.

I am still working on the Lamp room puzzle and the metal chest in lamp room.
I no longer have an OSI account so if anyone can supply me with details on how these 2 systems work on OSI i would be most greatful.

Hope you enjoy.
Ronin

Intall
For a fresh install
Backup and replace stealing.cs
drop the rest into your customs folder.

For upgrade from older system
Replace all old doom rare system files with the new ones.

Attachments

• doomraresystem-v1.1.zip
    28.2 KB · Views: 2,227
Nice and Easy Thats the Way

nice script not to hard to use no editing stuff to make it work i like that. I was wondering how soon the wep armor stealables will take to complete id love to have an osi doom system and if those were finished id have almost everything all but the room with the liches and the lever puzzle both i did not like anyhow. I think the only hard part will be adding the inquisitors resolution i think it spawns in that little room and you need to do some thing to get in there (lever puzzle maybe) so if you plan on adding it you may want to add the entire puzzle to get into the room and all it would really help out everyone using the script. Would suck if we had to script the puzzle or wait for it for those who cant script like me. Any how good script thx man

RoninGT

Sorceror
Yes i am working on the puzzles too for now on my shard i have make shift puzzle lol, nothing like osi. The puzzles are giving me a hard time :mad: I will have the stealable weaps and armor out soon. However for some reason my UOGateway screen keeps coming up white and now having to use another pc to edit scripts :( But i am glad you enjoy the script and in my next update ill add some of my shards custom rares to it. BTW you can go into LampPost.cs and change it to spawn a random hue like on osi also i have it set up to spawn all 3 lamp post ids as well just have to remove the /* */ around the code to make it do that.

Paige

Waverian

Wanderer
evil lord kirby said:
...Would suck if we had to script the puzzle...

Heh. You don't even know. Try a good 4 hours of time put into it to get all of the components, but no idea how to determine the actual puzzle workings. :p

titan0051

Wanderer
Hi, im pretty new with runuo, and i must say i like the idea of having a doom rares system on my shard.

I have everything set up right, with no errors, but when i try to add a spawner, and put the name type in it, it give me the message "lamppost is not a valid name type"

(Just used lamppost as an example, get same result with everything else i try)

I have tried wording it every way i could think of, and even tried the itemID numbers with no success..

I mite be asking what seems to be a stupid question to some, but i've tried to figure it out on my own, and im frustrated.

Please, some advice on what to type in to get the correct "name type" for the rare i want it to spawn.

I am running runUO 1.0, if that is of any importance.

Thank you.

pauln375

Sorceror
try looking in the script for the item

In the script for the item there is usualy a place that says=[Constructable]
find that and then here is an example of a distro script

[Constructable]
public ExecutionersCap

where it says ExecutionersCap for example you could type [add ExecutionersCap or use it on spawner as executionerscap hope this helps this is what i usualy do with new custom scripts to find out how to add some times people use realy short names in this section and unless they tell you or you look you could type forever and never get it to add

D

draco

Well to the puzzle part we MIGHT try to remake the khaldun puzzle chest, but so you get the gloves :p

titan0051

Wanderer
THANK YOU!

You saved my shard!

I looked at the items constructible like you said, and i find that in order to get the correct name type, the names all have "Rare" added on the end.

So to add a lamp post, its "[add doomspawner lamppostrare"

Thx again.

Icon

Wanderer
Nice script and u did all the work for me :p 1 bug u left in Voran's stealable chest code inside the steal.cs file and u did not add those chest to the script package, other then that works fine. 1 question the doomspawners do they spawn all of items in game like the daily rares like fruitbasket and water buckets, etc outside doom dungeon in trammel/fel? Or just the doom 1's?

Anyways nice work and keep it up.

Hk

PS

Maybe i am missing something but how do you get into the lamp post room? I used the [doomgen command, and it make the telporters out of the rooom and the lamp post. But how do u get in? didnt see any telporters/switches to get in :p

RoninGT

Sorceror
Thank you for reporting that i use vorans town crates on my shard and i forgot to edit it out. I will update now.

No this system only spawns the doom rare. and as far as entering the lamp post room. I have not got the puzzles working yet. they are giving me some trouble. For now i would suggest some sort of keyword teleporter and give your players hints thats what i have running now on my shard. I have movment spawners set up on the 4 teleporters around the middle one and each time the players steps on one it spawns a camp fire on the block next to the teleporter and gets a pharse to a riddle. add when you know the riddle you stand in the middle and say the word and poof your in the room. Yes i know thats ghetto but best i could do for now. As soon as i figure out the puzzles i will update the scripts here.

And as far as other rares i will be adding a custom rares pack maybe here and my website too. if your intersted in other rares i am thinking about adding them for download too

Again thx for bug report

Ronin

Visio

Wanderer
What the Heck???

Your Script Doesnt Work, its screwed up my server.. get buttload of errors and crap... what the heck?

Visio

Wanderer
Someone help please!!!

Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...done (0 errors, 0 warnings)
Scripts: Compiling VB.net scripts...no files found.
Scripts: Verifying...done (1684 items, 396 mobiles)
World: Loading...failed
Error: Type 'Server.Items.InquisitorsResolution' was not found. Delete all of th
ose types? (y/n)

Tru

Knight
Visio said:
Someone help please!!!

Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...done (0 errors, 0 warnings)
Scripts: Compiling VB.net scripts...no files found.
Scripts: Verifying...done (1684 items, 396 mobiles)
World: Loading...failed
Error: Type 'Server.Items.InquisitorsResolution' was not found. Delete all of th
ose types? (y/n)
that would be because the one in this system is named different than the distro (or whatever version your using) simply name that to whatever the one you were using is called

(I actually just took the [raregen command and added to the version I have...so thanks for that)

Visio

Wanderer
Thanks Tru, I figured out that I just push Y to each of the artifacts and it corrected itself... I guess his script does work good job then! :D

Lorryn

Wanderer
The day after I installed the Doom Rare script I saw 3 players macroing Stealing up

Great work RoninGT !!!!!!!!!!