RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Doom Rare System

Tru

Knight
will_man said:
i have made one, just one or two bugs to iron out and ill submit it.
If you need help speak up there will be more than a few people willing to help im betting.

Tru

Knight
will_man said:
well i got a script, i just need it testing, and im one person ( takes 5 ) and my comp cant run 5 clients :D
I can set it up on my test shard and get a few people to test it
if you want (you of course can be there)

RoninGT

Sorceror
You dont delete your old artis I have added new ones for the rare system

( TitansHammerRare )

Dont delete your old arti scripts (Ones that come with RunUO) use the new ones i have added.

Ronin

EDIT: Sorry i been away for a bit. this is question might have been answered

fyrye

Wanderer
Visio said:
Thanks Tru, I figured out that I just push Y to each of the artifacts and it corrected itself... I guess his script does work good job then! :D

Um looks like you deleted all of the types of items when you hit Y.
so whoever had a InquisitorsResolution, no longer does.

If it was a NPC no worries then, just have to respwn that NPC

The reason you got the error is because you deleted the distro rares, which this system and the distro rares can coexist, so no need to delete anything cept stealing.cs.

The ones in this pack are renamed
InquisitorsResolution is now
InquisitorsResolutionRare

The comment he put about deleting the doom rares was for updating of this package Only.

Bah thought Ronin was talking to a Ronin, eh well will leave as a refrence.

Roseanne

Wanderer
I have the towncrate system. When I installed your new system, I had to replace the stealing.cs with yours. Now none of the items that in the town crates seem to be stealable anymore... I keep getting msg "you can't steal that"... help plz.

Noobus

Wanderer
I made some other rares to go with this system...not doom rares just some others I wanted on my shard so here they are

Attachments

• Rares.zip
    19.7 KB · Views: 96

RoninGT

Sorceror
Roseanne...

I have attached a stealing.cs that works with Vorans town crates. I use them as well on my shard. :) Just download the stealing.cs i have added here and replace it and your town crates will work once again.

Hope this helps

-Ronin-

Attachments

• Stealing.cs
    29.1 KB · Views: 90

Noobus

Wanderer
I got this from stratics I noticed that the spawn times of some of the rares seems to be off a tad...great system anyway just a minor change that can be done ingame :)

Each level of rarity "doubles" the spawn time.
The base rarity, level one, seems to have a spawn time of 90 minutes Each level doubles onward from that 1.5 hour time.
Now there are two other things to note. Firstly the times are not consistant and can easily vary by 10-20% either side of the "expected spawn time". Secondly the timer seems to be based on when they spawned, not on when they were stolen.
The "expected spawn times" are thus:-
Level 1 - 1.5 hours
Level 2 - 3 hours
Level 3 - 6 hours
Level 5 - 24 hours
Level 7 - 96 hours
Level 8 - 192 hours
Level 9 - 384 hours
Level 10 - 768 hours
Level 12 - 3072 hours

net_bios2000

Sorceror
Im having problems with this script, it keeps crashing heres the crash log:

Server Crash Report
===================

Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.2.3790.0
.NET Framework: 1.1.4322.573
Time: 8/17/2004 12:14:22 AM
Mobiles: 13855
Items: 136968
Clients:
- Count: 13

Exception:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: maxValue must be greater than zero.
Parameter name: maxValue
at System.Random.Next(Int32 maxValue)
at Server.Utility.Random(Int32 from, Int32 count)
at Server.SkillHandlers.StealingTarget.TryStealItem(Item toSteal, Boolean& caught)
at Server.SkillHandlers.StealingTarget.OnTarget(Mobile from, Object target)
at Server.Targeting.Target.Invoke(Mobile from, Object targeted)
at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.TargetResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

stealing difficulties

I put this in for my shard and a thief with 100.8 stealing and +20 steal jewels was stealing everything on first attempt. I have tested it and with 120 stealing I never fail. I know OSI is set so that it is difficult to steal the rares even with 120 stealing. Is there a way to change the difficulty on the rares so that its alot more difficult to steal them, especially with the higher ones?

PvP_Heaven

Wanderer
Chief Cowtipper said:
I put this in for my shard and a thief with 100.8 stealing and +20 steal jewels was stealing everything on first attempt. I have tested it and with 120 stealing I never fail. I know OSI is set so that it is difficult to steal the rares even with 120 stealing. Is there a way to change the difficulty on the rares so that its alot more difficult to steal them, especially with the higher ones?
On OSI, you steal from people and from doom on first try 100% of the time with 120 stealing.

RoninGT

Sorceror
net_bios2000 said:
Im having problems with this script, it keeps crashing heres the crash log:

Server Crash Report
===================

Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.2.3790.0
.NET Framework: 1.1.4322.573
Time: 8/17/2004 12:14:22 AM
Mobiles: 13855
Items: 136968
Clients:
- Count: 13

Exception:
at Server.SkillHandlers.StealingTarget.TryStealItem(Item toSteal, Boolean& caught)
at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.TargetResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)

I have pmed you with some questions, I have had the same system running on my server and never had a crash releated to it. Have got more than one stealing system? or maybe moded the scripts?

I set the script up at 120 stealing you have 100% rate to steal this is why you have this. I can be changed via the stealing.cs script if you need help PM me and ill show you how to.

Ronin

TheTwilight

Wanderer
ok, I was using the rare system tru uses and whenever people steal form players (or monsters) it would crash, so, I uninstalled tru's system and used yours, and same error...

Exception:

ad I noticed 2 other posts about the same error with doom rares.

Anyone know what to do? :(