RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dupre's Token System

D

Dupre

Dupre's Token System

Summary:
A complete Token System. See Description for more details

*READ THIS!*
There was a bug in the scripts which created "double token" syndrome, from version 1.8 to 1.8g, the system created tokens which didnt appear in the world.
1.8h fixes that

To Remove the "double tokens" type this at command line
[global delete where Tokens Map = internal

*UPDATED* 18th May 2004 v1.8i - RunUO 1.0RC0

1.8i
+Added new instructions for dropping tokens, fixes the "multiple drops" bug, also posted a new BaseCreature script to reflect that change.
+Added Places_Thousand and Places_Million into Settings so you can define the Extended Currency format to certain decimal places.
+Added the gump for the "spell" books, but no working code behind them yet.

1.8h
+MAJOR BUG FIXED! see above
+Added a command for [WorldTokens which displays all the tokens in the world, so you can tier rewards accordingly
+Tweaked the distrobution of tokens to be a little more tier'd

1.8g
+Added a version command, just type [tokver and it will display the version you are using.
+Rearranged the directories to make it easier for me to find the scripts i need.

1.8f
+Migrated the setting for the Token System "colour" to the Settings.cs file

1.8e
+Added a Gump option for the Abacus
+Added an option for the gump in Settings.cs

1.8d
+Added a Settings.cs file, which will allow you to alter the system alot more easily
+Version History is now contained in VersionHistory, README has instructions in now.

1.8c
+Added an Abacus to tally up tokens players have in there backpack and there bankboxes, and give a total.

1.8b
+Added a Static Token Stone for people to put at banks etc.

1.8a
+Fixed the TokenStone Gump to only show 1 instance.

+Token STACKING now works, pretty much perfectly (tested as much as i can)
+Fixed the deeds menu to show in the right order.

+Updated the Installation instructions to work with RC0.
+User sees a message when they receive tokens.
+Tweaked the Token amounts so minimum is 6 tokens now.
+"Multiple Bags" bug is fixed, players should only get 1 load of tokens regardless how many bags the have.

+Added Test Shard to UOG UOG Link

+-+ If you have any bugs relating to the RC0 version of RunUO, please post, im not looking to fix anything for Beta36 anymore. When i think all the relative bugs are out, ill post 2.0

Description:
This package contains:

Tokens - These are the babies that do the job

TokenBag - This is a bag players can carry, which will store there tokens (0 weight) ONLY tokens may go into this bag, they also spawn automatically in there with the inclusion of extra code (see Installation)

TokenStone - This is the portable stone that players can carry so they can choose rewards while not in a central location.

TokenStoneGump - The gumps for the TokenStone.

TokenVendor - Doesnt quite work, he accepts gold AND tokens for purchases.

TokenBankCheck - If your going to set tokens to have a weight, or theres a low limit on bag storage, these are helpful to avoid HUGE piles of tokens.

Abacus - Tally's up the tokens players have in there backpack and bank, and gives a grand total.

Rewards:

Dragon Head Trophy - Like the Taxidermy kit trophies, but you dont need to go out and kill a dragon to get one :)

Black/White Shroud - These "dye" the player and there armour (if knight) an "ethereal" colour.

Black/White KnightArmour - These are a facility where the Shrouds can give full "ethereal" hue, and a player can still wear armour.

ItemBlessDeed - not my script, just added to bulk up the rewards.

SkillBall - not my script, just added to bulk up the rewards.

Installation:
Unzip to custom folder

*YOU ONLY NEED THE BASECREATURE.CS if you have a clean install of RunUO 1.0 or an untouched one*

if you want tokens to drop on "ALL" monsters add this code to your BaseCreature script:

First find the OnDeath method, inside that method find the lines

Code:
Titles.AwardFame( ds.m_Mobile, totalFame, true );
Titles.AwardKarma( ds.m_Mobile, totalKarma, true );

DIRECTLY under that code put this code

Code:
TokenValidate.TokenTest(m,this);

Attachments

• Token System 1.8i.zip
    44.4 KB · Views: 2,820
  • BaseCreature.zip
    22.2 KB · Views: 2,405
D

Dupre

Moved to a nicer post title :) doesnt make people think its REALLY old...

anyway, ive fixed most of the problems people came up with, but im stuck on ideas for the rewards... post some suggestions as well as any bugs ya find :) thx.

Yamilo

Wanderer
I just wanna say i love it, but there is any way to change the color of the tokens and the token bag by default?

Nice awesome work. :)

D

Dupre

in each script theres "Hue = "

change that to the colour you want.

D

Dupre

Added an Abacus so players can see how many tokens they have, eventually it will total up there checks and tokens, in there backpack and there bank.

Working on a Gump for the Abacus.

Added a Settings File, now you can change "recommended" options in the script.

Also, what are peoples opinions on a "spell" system based around tokens, like chivalry but with "unique" spells and such, was an idea i came up with when i was doing the Abacus last night.

Id create a custom gump with say, 8 spells...

Pet Heal - for none Vets
Heal Evil - so you can perhaps add HP to monsters, without karma loss (would be open to abuse though)

Risen Pillar - make a ring of walls or pillars go around the player, or puts them ontop of a pillar, thus making them able to heal or whatever.

Speed Spell - Gives the player a 5 second burst of FC 10 - would be expensive spell.
Archery Caddy - Gives an archer an infinate bow/bolt pile for a couple minutes. (im also working on Archery Caddy as a reward, so players can bundle arrows and not have to carry a million weight)

Run Scared - would make the player unable to equip weapons or go into war mode, and would make them invisible for 10 seconds.

what do ya think of these? any other suggestions?

Redskull1973

Wanderer
The Basecreature modification dosn´t work on my shard (RC1).

Would it be possible to add the installation instruction for RC1 shards?

Greets
Redskull

D

Dupre

Redskull1973 said:
The Basecreature modification dosn´t work on my shard (RC1).

Would it be possible to add the installation instruction for RC1 shards?

Greets
Redskull

If you have RC0 and havent already done anything to the BaseCreature, you can just use the one provided... thats mine, and it works on my RC0, and i havent done any mods apart from mine (that i can remember)

Yamilo said:
I just wanna say i love it, but there is any way to change the color of the tokens and the token bag by default?

Nice awesome work.

its in 1.8f ;-)

Lara

Wanderer
Multiple Bags

I just installed your token system, so far I love it, but I am having problems with multiple bags. Each bag that a player has is getting tokens, how do I fix that?

D

Dupre

Lara said:
I just installed your token system, so far I love it, but I am having problems with multiple bags. Each bag that a player has is getting tokens, how do I fix that?

Hmmmm... i thought i fixed that, on my test shard, it only rewards 1 bag.
1.8f i know for sure works like that, even stacks the tokens. i suppose i should put in a version command sometime :)

either way, if you PM me ur shard name, ill come take a look at it.

D

Dupre

yet another couple of updates, check the changelog for details, and be sure to purge all the "double tokens" before you run [WorldTokens

irishdog

Sorceror
spells

im using your token system which is great and when i add a token spell book and try use a spell nothing happens???

D

Dupre

um... do you not read Version History to actually see whats been added/changed? for all you know i could format ur shard :-D and say tell you in big bold letters... i only added the gump, not the spells yet, havent quite decided how to do the system behind it yet, whether to do individual items or bind them to a core.

Valrot

Wanderer
guess i should have serched b4 i PMed you today dupre. anyways here are some suggestions on rewards. these are ones i have on my shard.

skill ball
SC deed
FC deed
FCR deed
mage armor deed
Scroll of redemption ( my own script. sets kills to 4 kills if =>5)
5% lower mana cost
+5% Magic arrow
+5% harm
+5% fireball
+5% lightning
Clothing Bless Deed

D

Dupre

FIXED the multiple drops "bug" you need to do a bit of reworking to the BaseCreatures script, but im 99% sure ive got it now, and alot less work for the script to do, so will cut down on about 30-40% processing in the token script.

ive tested it, and im getting drops on liches of 50-150 tokens, as i dont have a production shard or an average drop from before all these changes, i cant say whether thats normal :) but i did test casting a douzen EVs and i only got 1 lot of tokens...

p.s. the way the system was before is how i prefer to do things, i.e. it was my original spec for people who cast EVs to get multiple drops, but the system wasnt taking into account 5EVs = 5x the drop rate :(
It was supposed to reflect people who do "follower" damage, and direct, i.e. tank mages, as its a wider prof. and usually doesnt have resist etc. i may re-tweak the system later on to reflect that, but it wont be "double tokens" as it was before, more like a 10% topup.

*** To Remove the OLD method of dropping Tokens ***

i suggest if you dont know what your doing to only remove one line, otherwise if you know what your doing, youll know what to delete ;-)

Code:
TokenValidate.TokenTest(m,this);

that will stop the system giving tokens through that method. the rest of the code is pretty much redundant once thats gone.

HadesUO

Wanderer
mehb u can help me. im using your system just droppe dit in customs folder and havent modded anything. i also am using megaspawner. i got everything wokring for a spawn to drop tokens. but like later after it been a while the spawns stop cause tokens go to range 1-1 sinatead of being the ranger i set for em to drop.

D

Dupre

HadesUO said:
mehb u can help me. im using your system just droppe dit in customs folder and havent modded anything. i also am using megaspawner. i got everything wokring for a spawn to drop tokens. but like later after it been a while the spawns stop cause tokens go to range 1-1 sinatead of being the ranger i set for em to drop.

from my understanding, these spawners dont get much praise from most RUO "people" ;-) then again neither does my tokens system... however, as i dont use these spawners, i suggest you use the core code, in base creature to drop tokens, i know it works perfectly (debatable :)

HadesUO

Wanderer
well see i dont understand what to mod in the basecreaturs file. ive maybe had a shard for a week and it be good to drop this megaspawner system cause i hate the way it stops spawning. mehb point me right direction. i know newbs are shunned here alot...lots of flames. im juts trying get everythign straight. my shard was obut to have it grandopenign then bam the no spawn crap from the mega spawner.

D

Dupre

read the 1st post in this thread it gives COMPLETE instructions.