RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

easy cpu

[nephis]

Wanderer
easy cpu

i was wondering if there is someone here aware of how does this work!
so actually... is there someone?

bean56

Wanderer
Dracarys said:
What?

I know quite a lot of shit, so please elaborate.
LOL. Yes please elaborate, but I think you're probably talking about program cpu priority for Windows?

Dracarys

Wanderer
I think you're probably talking about program cpu priority

You really know all this from

i was wondering if there is someone here aware of how does this work!

this? Tough shit.

And I was thinking he was talking about:

Dracarys

Wanderer
bean56 said:
Well that was my best guess, but maybe yours is better. If you are right then I am outta here :p .

Don't let the door hit you... Ewww, too late.

On second thought, if I'm right, I'm outta here too.

Dracarys

Wanderer
b12 < b13 < ... < b36 < 1.0RC0

Basically that means: No longer supported. I don't know about the b12 code but maybe they had some weird shit like loops instead of timers or something. And "Easy CPU" would then use timers? Whatever, it's not supported...

ardsdap

Sorceror
I think by b12 he meant RAZOR beta 0.1.12 (i.e. the most up to date version of Razor), not RunUO beta 12. I think that b12, the most up to date version of Razor, is still supported. I also think it includes a new option under "General" called "Use smart CPU reduction" and I ALSO think that this guy had a valid question when he asked about it.

Unfortunately i dont know what it does either.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Phoric

Wanderer
I think he just wants to know if anyone knows "how does this work." Maybe this should have been a poll? :confused: Or maybe he should try someplace like howstuffworks.com

psz

Administrator
It reduces the amount of CPU needed by the Client.

As Zippy said: Read the changelog.

[nephis]

Wanderer
i'll try to be more explicit:

from changelog:
Additions:
-Added "smart CPU reduction" (requires newer client versions) but makes the client take 60 to 75% less CPU (no matter what priority it is set on)

my question is:
HOW does razor manage to reduce the uo client cpu load?