RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

!Easy Level System! V 1.5

atticus589

Sorceror
!Easy Level System! V 1.5

ALL SUPPORT FOR THIS SCRIPT IS TO GO UNDER THIS NEW POST! THANKS :rolleyes:

This is the updated version, I spent maybe 30-40 hours updating and making it for RunUO 1.0.0
Updates:

Now the whole system is Internal, just like Phantoms but his requires you replace your playermobile, and you need a fresh Install... I used MY Ingenius idea to make it so you don't need a fresh Install, an existing server could upgrade to this system with no problems whatso-ever... All that will happen is when Existing players fight something It will tell them that they need to be upgraded and all a Staff member has to do is add a "VERYFIRE" into their backpack... and WALA! they are set to be gaining exp and skill like no other!!!

Next is the update for gumps:

There is now a [level Gump which when you say this command it shows your current Experience... But you must have a VERYFIRE in your pack dont worry they are newbied way nothing, and are invisible to players...

There is now a [LevelUp gump which allows you to buy skill and Items... If you choose to buy skill, No longer do skill balls fall in your pack but a gump pops up with all acclicable skills to raise... If you click the item gump, another gump pops up and allows you to purchase specialized items...

My "Full Race Script" is also intwined, and the skill caps and colors add good addition to role play, Also updated for the Race stone, you do not have to mod the Welcome timer anymore I made a custom calling In the script that allows no modification to WelcomeTimer.cs (If you wish not to use my race stone, Remove the "RaceGump.cs" file from customs, and Go into CharacterCreation.cs and search for RACETIMER and then edit out that line.)

The Experience you gain is based on your opponents strength.... And you cannot gain Exp from summoned crafted tamed or bonded creatures sooo that people can mass produce exp...

Installation:

Download-Unzip file...
Inside is replacements, and Customs...
Drop the Customs Folder into your Customs folder...

Look inside the replacements, Replace those 2 Scripts... I recomend using the SkillCheck I provided too it allows you to maximize the use of this level system.
If you already have a modified CharacterCreation.cs or BaseCreature.cs I highlighted where I edited the scripts...

PLEASE RATE THIS POST... I am always looking to give and recieve help.... If you would please give me more suggestions for ELS v 2.0 (easy level system)

Thanks to the people for all the help and for posting scripts...
And thanks to the Moderators for keeping us in line, and for getting
rid of my arch nemisis "him of who we do not speak of..."

EDIT- Fixed my mistake in BaseCreature.cs the Link Is Updated.
EDIT- Fixed minor Gump Mistake.
EDIT- Fixed minor Gump mistake with loosing skill Experience.
EDIT- Fixed major issue with the skills gump allowing skill gain over cap.
EDIT- Fixed minor issue with the skills gump allowing skills already above cap to still grow.

Attachments

• New Level System.zip
    46.1 KB · Views: 1,378
  • NO RACES- new level system.zip
    43.4 KB · Views: 1,405
You should post a version that doesnt have the race system in it id like to use a version with only the level system and no race stuff mixed in with it.

salvation

Wanderer
Replaced the stuff. Used your skillcheck.cs ...
got this error: ( from a FRESH RUNUO 1.0.0 DOWNLOAD )

RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 1.0.0, Build 36918
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 2 warnings)
- Warning: Scripts\Engines\AI\Creature\BaseCreature.cs: CS0642: (line 3888, col
umn 24) Possible mistaken null statement
- Error: Scripts\Engines\AI\Creature\BaseCreature.cs: CS0117: (line 3905, colum
n 11) 'Server.Mobiles.PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'EXP'
- Warning: Scripts\New Level System\Customs\RaceGump.cs: CS0162: (line 377, col
umn 6) Unreachable code detected
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

atticus589

Sorceror
evil lord kirby said:
You should post a version that doesnt have the race system in it id like to use a version with only the level system and no race stuff mixed in with it.

there is a fix on how not to use race stone in description, but if you wish I shall post a second version Without the Races... Thanks :D

Atticus589 said:
(If you wish not to use my race stone, Remove the "RaceGump.cs" file from customs, and Go into CharacterCreation.cs and search for RACETIMER and then edit out that line.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ERRORS FIXED- redowload and just replace your basecreature.cs and it will run fine... Sorry for inconvienince

MyMan

Wanderer
VERY VERY VERY Nice script, this has to be the BEST script that ive ever seen, and ive had a shard for over 2 years scripting and scripting, excellent work, no errors either... NICE

atticus589

Sorceror
:d

Honestly, Im sure some people know what Im talking about... I spent 35 hours with no sleep so I could finish this script for the people who wish to use it... I had given up on this script until, I found out someone was counting on me to make it... That is sorta what inspired me... And those 35 hours of work were totally worth it... Just like when you work all day and then your son/daughter asks for candy at the store, and you say yeah sure knowing its no big deal and then they hug you and say thanks... totally brightens up your day and your statement sir Has quite certainly made my day.... Thanks A bunch... I live on feedback :eek:

LFFPicard

Sorceror
I found a small problem, i dont know if it is in both versions but i tried No Races..

The gump says that 1500 experiance will add 2.5 skill.
Infact when i tested it it only adds 1.0skill

I will see if i can change it my end.. just wanted to let you know.

atticus589

Sorceror
Yeah thats my bad originally I was gonna have it raise skill gain 2.5 Just forgot to change the gump when I realized i was only gonna do 1.0... I'll it's fixed now... If you want it 2.5 tell meh... :D

Outsider

Wanderer
something wrong with basecreature.cs --->
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (2 errors, 0 warnings)
- Error: Scripts\Engines\AI\Creature\BaseCreature.cs: CS0234: (line 14, column
14) The type or namespace name 'Factions' does not exist in the class or namespa
ce 'Server' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
- Error: Scripts\Engines\AI\Creature\BaseCreature.cs: CS0246: (line 220, column
18) The type or namespace name 'Faction' could not be found (are you missing a
using directive or an assembly reference?)

telekea

Wanderer
Hehe a VERYFIRE?

Don't you mean verifier?

I don't know if I would trust a script of someone who can't even spell that.

atticus589

Sorceror
???

telekea said:
Hehe a VERYFIRE?

Don't you mean verifier?

I don't know if I would trust a script of someone who can't even spell that.

If you put verifier in the name it says that it denotes a variable where a class was expected... sooo that was my alternative...

atticus589

Sorceror
Outsider said:
something wrong with basecreature.cs --->
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (2 errors, 0 warnings)
- Error: Scripts\Engines\AI\Creature\BaseCreature.cs: CS0234: (line 14, column
14) The type or namespace name 'Factions' does not exist in the class or namespa
ce 'Server' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
- Error: Scripts\Engines\AI\Creature\BaseCreature.cs: CS0246: (line 220, column
18) The type or namespace name 'Faction' could not be found (are you missing a
using directive or an assembly reference?)

are you using 1.0.0??? cause I do not support the previous versions.... :(

LordHogFred

Knight
Just a small suggestion. You might want to make the skill buying gump so that you cant close it with right click. Or make it so that the 1,500 EXP is lost when you choose a skill. I tested this and saw that I can go to the buy skill menu and loose my 1,500 EXP but if then I can right click on the gump and it closes leaving me with no extra skill and down on 1500 EXP.
Other than that this is GREAT :D

Chz :),

MyMan

Wanderer
Hey, anyway i love this script, EVERYONE on my shard loves how this works, but i found out it lets the players skills go above 120.0 and i dont think i have a skill cap set above that so...

atticus589

Sorceror
Resolved

The issue is resolved, it now checks if your skills.cap = the skills.base, if they do it informs the player to choose another skill they reached their cap, and re-opens the skills gump! Redownload and all you have to do is replace the LevelGump.cs
and thats it your set! Thanks for notification too...

PS... to all people using this system... Tell me your server name I would love to come visit! :D *wishes he could be lex luther*

MyMan

Wanderer
Yah, No lie this would have to be the most well thought out and fun script that i've ever seen, Very good job buddy

atticus589

Sorceror
Again!

Once again,
Thank you very very much for the kind responses... it gives me that tingly feeling inside... *sniffles* heheh :rolleyes:

corbin77x2

Wanderer
trouble unfortunately

for some reason, even after i updated, my players can raise their skill over 100 without the use of powerscrolls. how do i go about fixing this to stop at 100? unless there is a powerscroll.

also how do i change how much experience it costs to advance the skill?
i'm still a newbie and can't seem to figure it out. :)

i love the system it kicks butt thanks