RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Easy Level System

bacaw

Sorceror
Easy Level System

This is ur basicl level system with minimal mods to distro files and can be implemented at ANY stage of development of a server old or new. is fairly customizable via prices of items, types of items etc.

You will also notice that there is a rather lengthy reward system ( for skill points ) which you will find most information on within the gumps themsleves.

Most information that is needed should be covered in the READMEFILE inside the zip just extract and PLEASe read the file...

Version 1.0.0 Easy Level System
-Original Release info covered in README file

There will be more features added to future updates i just wanted to get this out there... Please no distasteful comments but any constructive criticism is welcomed.

v.1.1.0 RELEASED 1/21/06
Info is covered in the README file located in the zip folder..
but once you log on after restart you will need to run the [update command for the new effects!

For people who had v.1.0.0 PLEASE USE ALL NEW FILES!
And you will need to open up LevelKeeper.cs and modify the following things...
on line 144
Code:
m_Updated = reader.ReadBool();
just simply edit this line out so it looks like this
Code:
//m_Updated = reader.ReadBool();
then restart ur server save it open the script back up and remove the // on that line. Save the file and reboot server!

v.1.1.1 RELEASED 1/22/06
-fixed a "could be" problem with the update command and generating the new level control stone please redownload custom zip

v.1.1.1 PATCH RELEASED 2/13/06
-No need to download the new file UNLESS you are worried/have had a control stone deleted and need to run the [update command again!

PLEASE POST ALL COMMENTS ON THIS SCRIPT PACK!

Attachments

• Modified Distros.zip
    32.7 KB · Views: 676
  • Level System v.1.1.1 Customs.zip
    29.7 KB · Views: 812
  • UpdateCommand.cs
    2.2 KB · Views: 399

bacaw

Sorceror
advani said:
hey very nice i luv this lvl system keep the good work ;)
thanks a lot for that heh, i was reluctant to post this cuz of all the other nice systems out there but i think with a lot or work( well a lot more ) it could be nice!

bacaw

Sorceror
evil lord kirby said:
I couldnt download it the links just looped for me.
Thanks kirby i broke it into two seperate zips untill i can find better hosting. Hope you enjoy this.

bacaw

Sorceror
Ok im working on updating my level system including the following
A Master Control Stone allowing you to "shut off" certain parts to the level system
More purchasable items in the Exp section
Cleaner Gumps in all areas
Cutting some extra lines out of the Gumps ( they are rather large )
Adding More functionality with the gumps....

~~Any ideas you have regarding updates or purchasable items please feel free to post them~~

~Expected Update Time : January 16-17

D

Dreef

In part 2 there are folder "Engines\AI\Creatures ... but original folder is named Creature so it will copy to another location if you dont copy files by hand ...

bacaw

Sorceror
Dreef said:
In part 2 there are folder "Engines\AI\Creatures ... but original folder is named Creature so it will copy to another location if you dont copy files by hand ...
sorry about that ill fix it in next update just had to reformat again some nasty virus anyways release date delayed by a day or two

Also Any Ideas anyone has for rewardsw or ANYTHINg for that matter

Thexder

Wanderer
Wipes Accounts

This post I liked it but it wiped my whole player base of 50 people. And now I got people running spears so far up my ass I can't see day break. So I am letting you know not to post scripts that wipe accounts people ahte that crap.

bacaw

Sorceror
Thexder said:
This post I liked it but it wiped my whole player base of 50 people. And now I got people running spears so far up my ass I can't see day break. So I am letting you know not to post scripts that wipe accounts people ahte that crap.
this SHOULD NOT have caused your player base to be wiped, you must have installed something else seeing as how this has no role with the PlayerMobile.cs you must have installed another script that moded your playermobile and also id appreciate it if you wouldnt falsely accuse me seeing as how i made no ser/deser mods to any distro files :(

Thexder

Wanderer
Sorry!

Hey sorry man I was so tensed up. I had around 50 people swearing at me all day about it saying was the leveling system. So I posted, but sorry I think I might of found what did cause it. But yeah thats the point I was making the wrong one. :( Next time I will look into it more. Sorry about the trouble I might of caused.

bacaw

Sorceror
Thexder said:
Hey sorry man I was so tensed up. I had around 50 people swearing at me all day about it saying was the leveling system. So I posted, but sorry I think I might of found what did cause it. But yeah thats the point I was making the wrong one. :( Next time I will look into it more. Sorry about the trouble I might of caused.
im not too worried about it im just not much on false accusations ( been blamed for shit in the past ) but anyways im glad u figured it out and it wasnt my system! Hope you enjoy it also any ideas post em n ill see about workin them in!

bacaw

Sorceror
First off i want to apoligize for pushing the release date back for the next version... ive been very busy the last week or so.. I am at school right now and hopefully when i get home i will be able to put in an hour or two onto this and it should be ready for the next version.... again any ideas, comments or just anything you wanna say about this system is welcomed....

X

Xplozive

Is it possible

Hi,
I add this level system to my shard but i have one question.
Is it posible to have this added to your name so its show your name and this
[level 1].
Sorry for my bad engelish plz help.

Swerve_jnr

Wanderer
this should realy have some more posts to it, this is a great set of scripts, maybe everyone's just stuck for words, speechless . . .

well done m8, very very nice job

bacaw

Sorceror
Xplozive said:
Hi,
I add this level system to my shard but i have one question.
Is it posible to have this added to your name so its show your name and this
[level 1].
Sorry for my bad engelish plz help.
it is very possible... if i had a few more requests i just might look into a way of doing so..

Swerve_jnr said:
this should realy have some more posts to it, this is a great set of scripts, maybe everyone's just stuck for words, speechless . . .

well done m8, very very nice job
heh thanks Swerve.. do you have any ideas of what youd like to see in it for future releases if so please share!

blueocean

Wanderer
Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 1.0.0, Build 36918
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (3 errors, 0 warnings)
 - Error: Scripts\Customs\Level System\Gumps & Commands\LevelandQSGumps.cs: CS02
34: (line 11, column 14) The type or namespace name 'LevelSystem' does not exist
 in the class or namespace 'Server' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
 - Error: Scripts\Customs\Level System\EXPTest.cs: CS0234: (line 11, column 14)
The type or namespace name 'LevelSystem' does not exist in the class or namespac
e 'Server' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
 - Error: Scripts\Misc\CharacterCreation.cs: CS0234: (line 7, column 14) The typ
e or namespace name 'LevelSystem' does not exist in the class or namespace 'Serv
er' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
 - Press return to exit, or R to try again.

Did i do something wrong or there isn't a LevelSystem library? :/

edit: yes i was missing something :p

Swerve_jnr

Wanderer
i seem to have run into some errors:

Code:
 - Error: Scripts\my customs\Level System\Modified Distros\Engines\AI\Creature\B
aseCreature.cs: CS0101: (line 21, column 14) The namespace 'Server.Mobiles' alre
ady contains a definition for 'FightMode'
aseCreature.cs: CS0101: (line 31, column 14) The namespace 'Server.Mobiles' alre
ady contains a definition for 'OrderType'
aseCreature.cs: CS0101: (line 52, column 14) The namespace 'Server.Mobiles' alre
ady contains a definition for 'FoodType'
aseCreature.cs: CS0101: (line 63, column 14) The namespace 'Server.Mobiles' alre
ady contains a definition for 'PackInstinct'
aseCreature.cs: CS0101: (line 76, column 14) The namespace 'Server.Mobiles' alre
ady contains a definition for 'ScaleType'
aseCreature.cs: CS0101: (line 87, column 14) The namespace 'Server.Mobiles' alre
ady contains a definition for 'MeatType'
aseCreature.cs: CS0101: (line 94, column 14) The namespace 'Server.Mobiles' alre
ady contains a definition for 'HideType'
aseCreature.cs: CS0101: (line 102, column 14) The namespace 'Server.Mobiles' alr
eady contains a definition for 'PetLoyalty'
aseCreature.cs: CS0101: (line 118, column 15) The namespace 'Server.Mobiles' alr
eady contains a definition for 'DamageStore'
aseCreature.cs: CS0101: (line 138, column 15) The namespace 'Server.Mobiles' alr
eady contains a definition for 'BaseCreature'
aseCreature.cs: CS0101: (line 4351, column 15) The namespace 'Server.Mobiles' al
ready contains a definition for 'LoyaltyTimer'
 - Error: Scripts\my customs\Level System\Modified Distros\Misc\CharacterCreatio
n.cs: CS0101: (line 11, column 15) The namespace 'Server.Misc' already contains
a definition for 'CharacterCreation'

blueocean

Wanderer
Code:
Scripts\my customs\Level System\Modified Distros\

look at the path dude, u should merge those distro files before :)