RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EasyUO users: can you break this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeku

Lord
EasyUO users: can you break this?

I'm trying to create a system to defeat EasyUO Anti-AFK Harvesting bots.
Is it possible for EasyUO alone to break this script?

All of the nine entries are randomized among the hundreds of monster statuettes.
One of the entries is picked at random for the correct answer.
A TiledImageButton is added for each entry, with the associated cliloc (hence the on-mouse-over text).
The cliloc is converted to text and added to the HTML, giving you instructions to find "x" entry.

I'm guessing that it's not possible for EasyUO to decode clilocs and convert them to plaintext, correct?

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
I'm guessing you are wrong, and why even pop-up what the frame is?

That would just make it easier.

Jeff

Lord
turtle;720558 said:
As bad as i hate to say this,talk to CEO,he could tell you or point you in the right direction.

whats wrong with talking to CEO? does he pee on you when you talk to him or something outrageous like this?

Murzin

Knight
easyuo would not have to decode the ciloc string, if easyuo can decode the mouseover text, then yer up a creek because the client would decode the ciloc.

Joeku

Lord
DontdroptheSOAD;720537 said:
I'm guessing you are wrong, and why even pop-up what the frame is?

That would just make it easier.
Sometimes the creatures are really obscure and it's hard to tell.
turtle;720558 said:
As bad as i hate to say this,talk to CEO,he could tell you or point you in the right direction.
I made a post on the EasyUO forums too heh.
Murzin;720599 said:
easyuo would not have to decode the ciloc string, if easyuo can decode the mouseover text, then yer up a creek because the client would decode the ciloc.
I don't know if it can or not, that's what I'm trying to figure out.
easyuo.com said:
UOAssist, Razor, and EasyUO work in different ways.

UOAssist/Razor injects itself in the network packet stream and modifies and sends network packets directly to the UO server.

EasyUO modifies, reads the clients memory and executes code in the clients memory.

These methods give different advantages, and also different possibilities.

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
If they are unclear, then do not use them. Only use ID's that are easily recognizable and get rid of the MouseOver text.

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
EasyUO needs to provide a mechanism for detection just like Razor does. It's why I would never support EasyUO being used on any of our shards. It infuriates me that we cannot control it properly.

Ryan;720615 said:
EasyUO needs to provide a mechanism for detection just like Razor does. It's why I would never support EasyUO being used on any of our shards. It infuriates me that we cannot control it properly.

I agree. I really can't see why it doesn't have a detection mech for freeshards. Obviously you wouldn't want EA to detect this but freeshards are a totally different story.

I use EasyUO when I have a tedious task but I usually am sitting there watching it anyhow. I find it nice to have around just to save on manual labor like raising crafting skills and such.

Lysdexic

Sorceror
If it isn't EasyUO, it will be a different program. So blaming EasyUO is a pretty dumb statement.

Your anti-macro code is breakable, you can write a script to find pixel patterns. It isn't easy, but very do-able.

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Lysdexic;720728 said:
If it isn't EasyUO, it will be a different program. So blaming EasyUO is a pretty dumb statement.

Your anti-macro code is breakable, you can write a script to find pixel patterns. It isn't easy, but very do-able.

I simply don't believe this to be true...

Listen I wasnt knocking EUO. I like CEO and I think he's a good guy all around. I have no ill will toward the EUO devs at all.

I just disagree with releasing something KNOWING that it destroys the communities that free shards try to create. I mean that with all of my heart. That's why Razor has control capabilities for shard admins... it's why we do not release the source code to PlayUO and it's why EUO should have some sort of control mechanism.

Time and again we've had to just delete accounts that players have worked very hard to create on our shards because they use EUO. I shouldn't have to impliment anti EUO code in the form of annoying gumps that pop up to prevent bot mining/farming. EUO should have a mechanism that I can use to BLOCK it's use in parts or in it's entirety from my shards.

And no I don't think that it would just be "another program". EUO is a very dangerous application to any freeshard owner. We could easily write our own application that sits in the tray of your computer and runs just like punkbuster to see if you're using EUO but that's invasive and we do NOT want it to come to that. It may eventually though... EUO is a disease that runs rampant with the sharing of scripts to automate nearly everything in this game.

I'm sorry if you think I sound harsh but I'm speaking of facts not as the creator of RunUO but as the shard admin for the largest free server this game has ever seen. It's a sad day when you have to delete a players account but who wouldn't use somethign that automates every tedious task of mining or smithing... hell any kind of harvesting let alone gives you an edge in PVP?

It's disturbing the number of users that use EUO... it's even more disturbing the effect it has on free shards economies.

Murzin

Knight
what the biggest problem imo is if they add a detection method, then what is to stop osi from adding a detection method and blocking use there :)

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Murzin;720742 said:
what the biggest problem imo is if they add a detection method, then what is to stop osi from adding a detection method and blocking use there :)

Who plays OSI?

Joeku

Lord
Lysdexic;720728 said:

Talent isn't that easy to find ;)
Yeah I talked to CEO, it's called OCR (Optical Character Reading).
Basically using #pixcol to scan and turn chars into letters. There's one user that has posted subs to do that, very complicated stuff tho.
CEO himself said that my script as it is right now will stop about 99.9% of the EUO scripters... though it only takes one to make something to get past it >_<
Ryan;720743 said:
Who plays OSI?
Lmfao... +karma

Aulus

Wanderer
Something im wondering... does your shard actually have anyone with the capability to design a script to get passed your anti macro system? And if so, then does your shard actually have anyone who cares enough to spend time developing such a script?

I can totally see where Ryan is coming from, big shard, lots of players and EasyUO not welcome, and I'm sure there are people on those shards that have the knowledge and are willing to use it to get around Anti Macro devices... but something tells me your shard is not nearly as big as Ryans.

Also what ever happened to just sending people messages? 'Hi, are you macroing while AFK?' No reply.... ban.

Kamron

Knight
Spell This Word Backwards

Spell the word containing greens, backwards.

Code:
Answer: soil

Think that is enough to throw off EUO? - Remember, the HTML tags used are doubled/tripled up, contain numbers or words for the color family, and do not have closing tags.

And it must be deciphered backwards.

Color families include:

Grays, Darks, Lights, Opposites, Greens, Blues, Magentas, Purples, Violets, Oranges, Yellows, Reds, Browns, or some combination of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.