RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Evolution Hiryu

Status
Not open for further replies.

daat99

Staff member
Tannis said:
Ok, I tried something new. When I had this block of code in
Code:
if (this.ControlMaster != null)
hiryu.ControlMaster = this.ControlMaster;
if (this.IsBonded = true)
hiryu.IsBonded = true;
The old hiryu would get deleted and a new one would spawn, but it would be grey and untame. So I put this in instead
Code:
if (this.Controled = true)
hiryu.Controled = true;
hiryu.IsBonded = true;

this.Delete();
Now when it adds the new hiryu, it is blue and bonded, just not to me. Still, it looks sort of like a step in the right direction :)
You tried to add the controlmaster line before you delete it after it's bonded ?

Rift

Wanderer
daat is right the reason your first block didn't work was because if it not set to be controlled then it will be grey so add the controlmaster to your second block and it should be fine :)

Tannis

Knight
Lol well sorry, I just copy/pasted what you suggested I do, I had the delete line on top of everything else but you commented it out and put it at the bottom, so I assumed it didn't matter where it went.
Code:
if ( this.KP >= 3750000 )
{
if ( this.S4 == true )
{

//this.Delete();

Hiryu1 hiryu1 = new Hiryu1();

hiryu1.Map = defender.Map; 
         hiryu1.Location = defender.Location; 

hiryu.IsBonded = true;

this.Delete();
}
}
}

Rift

Wanderer
hiryu.Controled = true;
add that with the bonded and contolmaster statements

daat99

Staff member
Tannis said:
Lol well sorry, I just copy/pasted what you suggested I do, I had the delete line on top of everything else but you commented it out and put it at the bottom, so I assumed it didn't matter where it went.
Code:
if ( this.KP >= 3750000 )
{
if ( this.S4 == true )
{

//this.Delete();

Hiryu1 hiryu1 = new Hiryu1();

hiryu1.Map = defender.Map; 
         hiryu1.Location = defender.Location; 

hiryu.IsBonded = true;

this.Delete();
}
}
}
Actually I commented it out so you'll notice that I moved it ;)

Tannis

Knight
Okies, now I have this
Code:
						this.Delete();

hiryu hiryu = new hiryu();

hiryu.Map = defender.Map; 
         					hiryu.Location = defender.Location; 

hiryu.Controled = true;

hiryu.IsBonded = true;
But it's still not controlled by me, and when I props it it says it's not controlled too.

daat99

Staff member
You need it like this:
Code:
//this.Delete();   [color=red]<== noticed I marked it out, we do NOT delete it yet[/color]

hiryu hiryu = new hiryu();

hiryu.Map = defender.Map; 
         hiryu.Location = defender.Location; 

if (this.ControlMaster != null) [color=red]// <== here we check if "this" have control master, if we deleted "this" then it will be null[/color]

if (this.Controled = true) [color=red]// <== here we check if this.Controled, if we don't have "this" it'll return false[/color]
hiryu.Controled = true;

if (this.IsBonded = true) [color=red]// <== here we check if this.IsBonded, if we don't have "this" it'll return false[/color]
hiryu.IsBonded = true;

this.Delete(); [color=red]// <== now we don't need it anymore so we delete it[/color]
Hope that helps.

Tannis

Knight
Yay! Again you guys are lifesavers...I need to read more about C# before I try doing something big like this again. Didn't think it would be that hard really lol. Thanks much :D

Rift

Wanderer
I just pointed out few things that daat would have gotten to anyhow lol, but keep trying even try new things or big projects you'd eventually get most of it and learn alot in the process....some of my stuff I try do its hard to have a reference so I get lost easy but eventually I figure something out or ask for help or even a direction of where I should go, but even if your waitin for help keep trying often times I figured out my problems before I even get an answer but the answer still nice to recieve to confirm you are on right track. Basically learning is doing so check out many tut you can and just get feel for it.

Tannis

Knight
I like doing scripts, I just feel like a huge dummy asking for help, because when I get my answer, I'm usually like holy s*** how come I didn't see that? lol

Rift

Wanderer
Tannis said:
I like doing scripts, I just feel like a huge dummy asking for help, because when I get my answer, I'm usually like holy s*** how come I didn't see that? lol

Agreed I get that feeling alot as well LOL

Tintamar

Sorceror
We are having problems with the Hiryu Animations though for some reason when they are attacking they just stand there motionless lol. Not sure where or what handles the animation of a creature you make. Any help with this last little bug me and Tannis are ironing out would be helpful then perhaps we'll post the finished product :)

Lysdexic

Sorceror
The animations are skipped again because the Body Value doesn't exist in the .bin. Open both basecreature and baseweapon, search for all lines that have IsMonster and add the Body == 0xF3 like you did for making it healable/loreable. That will give it the animations you need (be sure to write down all those edits though, because the next update is rumored to have the hiryu in it along with it added to the bin). I pmed Tannis the same info.

Rykai

Wanderer
this.SetDamageType( ResistanceType.Physical, 100 );

this is 100 percent resistance to physical right?
I found this line twice. once near the beginning and once closer to the end of this script.

Tannis

Knight
this.SetDamageType( ResistanceType.Physical, 100 );

this is 100 percent resistance to physical right?
I found this line twice. once near the beginning and once closer to the end of this script

That line is for the damage type that it deals...no clue why it has ResistanceType.Physical, I ignore that part and just look at the part before it.

Tintamar

Sorceror
I'd just like to thank Lysdexic, daat and the others that posted for the help on getting this done and not taking the script, fixing it up, and posting as their own with little to no credit to original poster.

I dont think we will be posting it since many others took script and posted it.

And thanks to Raelis for posting evo dragons since he was the main person that made the "Evos"

daat99

Staff member
Tintamar said:
I'd just like to thank Lysdexic, daat and the others that posted for the help on getting this done and not taking the script, fixing it up, and posting as their own with little to no credit to original poster.

I dont think we will be posting it since many others took script and posted it.

And thanks to Raelis for posting evo dragons since he was the main person that made the "Evos"
I'm glad I could help, sorry to hear about others posting it and stealing your credit tho :(

Status
Not open for further replies.