RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FAQ Tutorial: Adding more AccessLevels

AlienX2

Wanderer
8a) About 118 warning messages will be given, but you needn't worry about these. They are reporting multiple definitions of the same object, and return to use the base definition from the .NET framework.

What do i do? I got 118 warning and 0 errors. :confused:

Phantom

Knight
AlienX2 said:
What do i do? I got 118 warning and 0 errors. :confused:

You need to allow unsafe code to be compiled.

If you don't know how to do this, DO NOT MODIFY THE CORE, Being able to modify the core on your own is one thing when you ask for help doing its not going to sit well with true RunUO supporters.

irishdog

Sorceror
Ok nice tutorial.

this is my curent set up

COunceler
Councelerranktwo
Seer
Gm
Admin
Dev
Owner

i want to make it so the owner can be the only person to make it possible to make the accesslevel owner while a dev can make every accesslevel up to dev but not owner.

so in short i am trying to make it so one accesslevel can change accesslevels but only up dev (must be a dev to change accesslevels) i know wher to make it so the dev has access to the command but not how to limit the access to this.

any help would be great
ty
irish.

Bmzx007

Wanderer
If you don't know how to do this, DO NOT MODIFY THE CORE, Being able to modify the core on your own is one thing when you ask for help doing its not going to sit well with true RunUO supporters.

I agree with the statement, But what do you imply by "True RunUO supporters" are you saying that people who modify the core arent true supporters?. This is the kind of mentality that puts people off even looking at the core, to be labeled like this.

Tannis

Knight
poetawd said:
But I did EVERYTHING it was showing in the TUTORIAL but I dont see mobile.cs !!!

where should it be?

Thanks

:confused: :confused:
Like Khaz said, it's in the core. It's not in the RunUO 1.0.0 distro. If you don't understand what the core is, you definitely should not do this.

poetawd

Wanderer
Dude, I know what the CORE is !!!

I really NEED to add some new ACESS LEVEL...

I got all the programs and I did everything in the FAQ but I sont see any MOBILES.cs

Can you please tell me where it is?

look a screenshot:

poetawd

Wanderer
LOL....

I see....

I did everything right but i got a lot of errors in the SHARDCREATOR when I pressed F9 !

It said I have an error in .NET FRamework or something like that... :/

What do I need to have installed here in my PC ?

Lokai

Knight
Applications you need:
  • SharpDevelop, here
  • Arahil's Project Creator, here
  • RunUO Core Source (at the time of this writing, v1.0.0), here
  • You can also use another project creator, which I think Arahil now offers endorsement for. Find that here

These links do not work. Does anyone know where these Project Creator programs can be found right now?

I am using VS 2003, and want to compile the Source Code.

Thanks.

Khaz said:
Applications you need:
SharpDevelop, here
Arahil's Project Creator, here
RunUO Core Source (at the time of this writing, v1.0.0), here
You can also use another project creator, which I think Arahil now offers endorsement for. Find that here

Like the fella above said...

The following links do not work... and I cannot find them :p

Arahil's Project Creator
"another project creator"...

If you got them, and if you're allowed. Would you be kind enough to send them? If your not allowed, do you know any alternative links or any alternative programs to use?

Thanks!
-Aiden