RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FAQ Tutorial: Adding more AccessLevels

Khaz

Knight
I've updated all the links to their current locations.
I've also attached a conversion tool (thanks go to TheOutkastDev) to fix the problems with incorrect accesslevels.

The tutorial itself has also been modernized.

ii.

Sorceror
my only two output options are Debug and build maybe im missing somthing but im really confused because half of my things doesnt look like his screenshots

Khaz

Knight
This was written for RunUO 1.0 with SharpDevelop 1.1. It's outdated now, but it can be adapted to the new versions.
You'll probably want to output using the Build option.

ii.

Sorceror
well in configuration i can put release and debug but thats not what he said he said the output.

Khaz

Knight
"He" is me. And as I said, things here may be outdated. By building in Release mode, you're configuring the output executable. It's not entirely important where the Build-Release option is located, just as long as it's set.

ii.

Sorceror
so its ok for the configuration to be set to "Release" instead of Debug and I also need to put it in Build for output so everything works fine. Sorry about that but I am a little new to ShardDevelop

ii.

Sorceror
One last thing I cant seem to find out how to make the prokect to server.exe i made the name server and it is an exe but it doesnt come up that way it wants to go back to shard develop so could you help me out there to?

ii.

Sorceror
Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 1.0.0, Build 36918
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...no files found.
Scripts: Compiling VB.net scripts...no files found.
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
 - Press return to exit, or R to try again.
I cant get it to compile now what am I doing wrong?

Khaz

Knight
The executable needs to be in the same directory as the Scripts folder, which should contain the standard distribution code files.

ii.

Sorceror
ok well i can see that i have just messed my server all up so is there anyway you could update this tutorail? please

Joeku

Lord
Jeff, it's not the same (granted that it is very similar).

There are two more accesslevels in 2.0; Developer and Owner.

Sythen

Sorceror
Is The AccessLevelConversion.cs Necessary Now?

In this guys example he lists numbers next to each accesslevel... and a custom file he created: accesslevelconversion.cs... Is this file necessary for RunUO 2.0 SVN? Or can I just change it according to the example: The only edit here was made to the Mobile.cs in the SVN server directory (RunUO Core)

Code:
public enum AccessLevel
	{
		//Player Levels
        Player,

#region New AccessLevels

[COLOR="seagreen"]Contributor = Player,[/COLOR]
        #endregion New AccessLevels

//Admin Levels
		Counselor,
		GameMaster,
		Seer,
		Administrator,
		Developer,
        Owner,

#region New AccessLevels

[COLOR="SeaGreen"]EventModerator = Counselor[/COLOR]        

}

Code:
private static string[] m_AccessLevelNames = new string[]
			{
				"a player",

#region New AccessLevels

[COLOR="seagreen"] "a contributor",[/COLOR]

"a counselor",
				"a game master",
				"a seer",
				"an administrator",
				"a developer",
				"an owner",

#region New AccessLevels

[COLOR="seagreen"] "an event moderator"[/COLOR]        

};

culpress

Sorceror
I have been trying to figure this out all night and I cannot seem to get it. Also I Have searched hours on the D# Forums for a solution to my issue but I cannot seem to find one.

whenever I press F9 to build the files it says it cannot locate any .cs files in the . directory...
But they are in there lol, I have also tried messing with security options, account options, and read only.
Nothing seems to work.

I can edit the .cs files but not build them for some reason.

Help please?

Sythen

Sorceror
good question, but alas its his thread if he doesn't want to elaborate... then it should be deleted from the FAQ's. Just a thought. Anyway it would be nice to get some updated information on this topic as it will keep coming up; why? because it always does. :p

Iomega0318

Sorceror
I agree.. I was just actually thinking about adding more access levels when I read this..
But now I can't since I don't know what's all required and I am to lazy to look into the files lol..

Plus even if it's outdated leave it up so we can at least get a general idea of what to do..

Humpster

Wanderer
Iomega0318;835561 said:
I agree.. I was just actually thinking about adding more access levels when I read this..
But now I can't since I don't know what's all required and I am to lazy to look into the files lol..
same as you :D