RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For runuo 2.0

goofykid said:
because i pmed him and polightly asked him to im sick and tired of getting flamed by non mods with you its flame flame flame it wasnt a bad idea ok i just put in an idead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
You have not yet been flamed...there is a difference in pointing out that someone is wrong and wether or not they have the ability to make a server and insulting someone...sure people embarrassed you in this thread, but it was due to your own actions, and no one has Flamed you thus far.

Secondly, Your idea is good but the method you asked for it is wrong. packaging .net with runo is bad idea...linking to it or hosting it on download page is good idea...but none of the so called "flames" were about that. you said something about windows update messing up computers which is just plain stupid.

Thirdly, You need to learn to quit while your ahead, if you felt embarrased by this thread, you shoulda stopped posting in it... noone would respond to to YOUR Remarks had YOU not Reincarnated this thread all the time...leave it alone and it will die down eventually and MAYBE people will regain respect for you

Lastly, getting a mod to lock a thread a thread such as this is a waste of their time. they are not here to protect you from embarrassment, but to keep people on topic and settle disputes/flames etc.

crackrat

Wanderer
Hmm wel start off with:

Adding .net 2.0 to the runuo package.... not good idea due to bandwidth usage and also the fact alot prolly already have it in before getting the runuo download.*shrugs*

Adding .net2.0 to the downloads section and runuo hosting the download...not good idea due to the same issues of bandwidth...

Adding a link for .net 2.0 to the downloads sections and linking it from microsoft. not really a need due to how easy it is to find without even a really long search.

sorry im not seeing the need myself *shrugs* sorry that i dont see the urgent need for this link or any need for that matter. The reasoning for needing this link so far have been due to people not wanting to upgrade though microsoft. uh sorry thats a must do for any computer that resides on the web 24/7imho. having the link there for those that are to busy or to lazy to find it well i'm going with the masses with this one those that cant find the time or energy to look up microsoft should prolly give running an emulated server a miss. but i will grant this is the best possible solution to what little issues people have in finding .net 2.0.

as to the flaming going on by non mods.....im taking it that im being lumped into that statement and therefore i would love to know how and when and where i personaly ever flamed anyone in this actually fairly civil disscussion.(fairly civil especialy concerning the reasons for needing this idea implemented).

unless im missing something here i gather Daat99 gave his answer to your request*shrugs*

also just to point out this topic should mostlikely have gone under General Disscussion instead of Modification Suggestions. but that is just my personal view i could be wrong.

WarAngel

Wanderer
I think by "flaming", he's referring to some of the general statements made saying that people who refuse to update are dumb.

I didnt even have to a search just went straight to download.microsoft.com and heres what i got:

:) of course that bound to change at any time *shrugs*
anyways goofy:
no excuses...if the dev team dont want to provide .NET with runuo..get it yourself from website or dont use it. i dont trust miucrosoft, but i doubt they are gonna maliciously do something to my computer during updating...thats just preposterous

daat99

Staff member
goofykid said:
because i pmed him and polightly asked him to im sick and tired of getting flamed by non mods with you its flame flame flame it wasnt a bad idea ok i just put in an idead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
We aren't taking actions just because someone pm'd us politely and asked us.
We read his pm and check out the thread\post it refered to and check for ourself if there's a reason to do what the pm asked for or not.
Read post #28 to see my reply.

P.S.
The only person that I saw flaming others here is you btw...

daat99 said:
We aren't taking actions just because someone pm'd us politely and asked us.
We read his pm and check out the thread\post it refered to and check for ourself if there's a reason to do what the pm asked for or not.
Read post #28 to see my reply.

P.S.
if you can call it that...i was more amused than offended:)
I LOLed at the asterisks and CAPS

ya and asking politely doesnt change thier job description...mods are supposed to contribute to the health of the WHOLE of the community, not lock a thread because ONE PERSON feels embarrassed at his own ignorance.

oh and for the discussion about whether or not it comes with windows...i got a Dell with Windows ME already installed and .NET 1.0 came with it...however we dont get a windows CD, we got a "DELL OS Reinstall Disc" so i have no clue about windows from store...however the comps in the lab all have XP, and the teacher NEVER does windows update and did not even realize .NET was on there, when i was doing my LAN server project...he is using XP Pro tho. *shrugs*

Kamron

Knight
daat99 said:
There's absolutly no reason to lock this thread...

David said:
LOL - I'll never lock it now.... :D

ASayre8 said:
Sentiment shared. :D

goofykid said:

daat99 said:
We aren't taking actions just because someone pm'd us politely and asked us....
Read post #28 to see my reply....

LOL ROFLMAO

David

Moderate
OK goofykid... a polite and straight up answer.

It is more than not a good idea for RunUO to distribute the .Net Framework with it's product, for several reasons.

1-The most compelling is that RunUO is not licensed to do so. All we can do is provide a link.
2-It is always best from a users perspective to get the files from the source. Not that RunUO would allow a virus or anything but the more hands it goes through the more the chance of something like that happening.
3-Many programs require or are about to require the .Net Framework so it is more likely our users have it than not. Therefore it would be a huge addition to the download which most users would not need or want.

Now, some friendly advice - calm down. People here were only responding to your over reacting.

I'll bet if you don't make any more posts that sound like you are trying to argue this thread will die away and be on the back pages in two days.

@everyone else: give the kid a break, let this thread die.