RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found router- possibly why players can not connect ?

psz

Administrator
NOCTURN (I answer you first cuz it's quicker and easier ^_^) Put "whatever.dyndns.org" in (WITH the quotes) ->

Jakkin Dun cost nuffin! ;-> Go to dyndns.org and sign up for the StaticDNS service. All this does is give you 23.53.120.23(or whatever) a "blah.dyndns.org" name so that no one has to memorise numbers ->

Also, on your router, you need to access it's configuration program. This is *PROBABLY* a website ON the router. First step Since you're in Win98, go to Start Button and click Run. Type in Winipcfg. At the top it'll say something about either a PPP connection or a network card. Make SURE the Network card (or NIC) is selected. Find something that says "Gateway". Write that number on a piece of paper.

Now, open up your web browser.

Type in http//<whatever that number you wrote down is>

That *SHOULD* get you into your config program.

There may be a password needed. NO idea what that could be, but I've seen admin, or administrator, or setup, or config as Router Passwords before, so try 'em all.

Once in, find something that says "Forwarding". In there, you have to forward port 2593 to whatever your computer's LAN IP address is.

Example If your computer is 192.168.100.1 on your LAN, forward port 2593 to 192.168.100.1.

Since each router and each LAN is different, you may have to poke around a bit to get it set up.

Just DON'T change ANYTHING that says "Router IP" or "WAN IP" or "LAN IP"... That could make your day REALLY annoying (IE Kill your net connection, or your connection to your router).

psz

Administrator
Also, a side note. You *MAY* have to reconfigure/disable the built on Firewall on some routers. This shouldn't be too problematic, as most routers even with the Firewall off have a basic firewall.

Bit overkill, doncha' think? ;->

NOCTUR

Wanderer
router

PNZ

When setting up the router do I choose RIP1 or RIP2 for Dynamic Routing TX: ? Also should I choose Gateway or Router for working mode. Or should I just reactivate default and start from scratch. One other question, on UOGateway what would an outside user place in the ip address for a host using DNS?

Jakkin

Wanderer
Actually

Actually my router is hooked to a mac, I"m just on the network, I'll have to figure it out. And I use Windows 2000 professional not Win98

Jakkin

Wanderer
Ok

I've done everything up to the part where you said
http://numberyouwrotedown was
and came out with an error, cannot find server/website, any help ? yes I used my Gateway Default, perhaps it is because I'm on a windows machine and my router is downstairs on my mac ?
PS
my DNS server thingy I made is
heartsdestiny.serveftp.net
or
heartsdestiny.dyndns.org

Jakkin

Wanderer
PS

I hope this wont make my parents angry of in any way :? any idea how to open the IP config on MacOSX Darwin or GUI ?

psz

Administrator
The router is ON the Mac?

You mean it's connected to the Mac and the PCs are connected to the Mac, or... ?

Routers usually plug into ALL of the computers at once...

Jakkin

Wanderer
Ok

The Mac Studio, my fathers, is the one with the router, it is hooked to 2 more macs, along with my lonely PC.

psz

Administrator
Then any computer on the network can access it.

If your computer's gateway's IP isn't the router, you'll probably have to check the manufacturer's website to find out how to configure the router.

Jakkin

Wanderer
Found IP stuff

I found my IP stuff, didnt find forwarding stuff, but I did find RunUO/UOGateway and activated them to port 2593. Is that what I was supposed to do ?

Jakkin

Wanderer
Also found other things that might help

I have also found a few other things that might help
Subnet Mask
Default Gateway
Primary & Secondary DNS
And Hardware Address(Ethernet I believe)
I do need some info to finish on the RunUO/Gateway stuff
Type of application:
Choices are: Other or FTP Server or PPTP- Virtual Private Network Server or Net2Phone- Internet Tech or IRC or Blizzard game host or DirectX game host or RTSP (realtime streaming protocol) server or H.323- Internet based tech
Protocol Type:
TCP or UDP
Port Number: ____ to ____

psz

Administrator
Default Gateway is the IP you want to type into your browser (DO NOT forget http// in front. Some browsers have a nasty habbit of assuming that IPs are FTP instead of HTTP -/)

psz

Administrator
In that case, my previous statement stands You need to contact the router manufacturer and ask them how to configure port forwarding on the router. You need to forward port 2593 to the IP address of the computer running RunUO.

Jakkin

Wanderer
Ok I have followed the tutorial

I have followed the tutorial they emailed me. I still need whether its a TCP protocol or UDP protocol , I believe its TCP
?

psz

Administrator
SHOULD be TCP, but I do both >->

Once done, you should load RunUO up, and try to see if it's connectable(?!?) now using UOGateway (latest).

*(?!?) = Is that a word?!?

Jakkin

Wanderer
Ok

It is now blue on UOGateway, just I get frozen at the connecting thingy and get the message, Couldnt connect to UO. Please try again later. (yes run uo is running.) I'm assuming this just means that my UOGateway/RunUO now has access via port 2593