RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

freeze problem

Admin Poison

Wanderer
thats what im tryin to figure out, no one here can break things down enuff, all they say is "make a folder and direct runuo to look there"

UOT

Knight
How much more do you want them broken down? I don't think it can even be broken down any further.

Make a new folder, copy all those files that are listed in the datapath.cs script from your UO folder to the new folder then point the custompath to that new folder. I've said it 3 times already, Phantom said it, how much easier of an explanation can we give?

L

Lost User

hah hah this post is funny... it should be made a sticky.

- Konoko

Admin Poison

Wanderer
UOT said:
copy all those files that are listed in the datapath.cs script from your UO folder to the new folder
that is what i dont get, 1st off how the F**k do i copy them to a friggin folder, that is the one thing i dont get, u never said what to do, do i put them into a note pad file or do i name the folder after those files or what
YOU NEVER EXPLAINED THAT ONE!!!!

go to your UO folder. These files should be copied:

Multi.idx
Multi.mul
VerData.mul
TileData.mul
Map.mul
StaIdx.mul
Statics.mul
MapDif.mul
MapDifL.mul
StaDif.mul
StaDifL.mul
StaDifI.mul

Highlight them, right click, and click copy. Then go to your folder, C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\chris' stuff stay out\RunUO-Beta-32\Scripts\Misc\Custompath, and paste them in that folder. Then you should be ready to freeze and whatnot :)

S

shadeuo

Well I had the same problem. I tried every config. and same old shit. so I had to lower my self to using sphere and axis. shame on me :oops:

Admin Poison

Wanderer
i tired pastin them in the folder........ ya cant past text into a folder straight up without having the text in something like word pad

no no, dont open the files.. when you highlight them, right click, click copy from the drop down menu. then go to your folder, C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\chris' stuff stay out\RunUO-Beta-32\Scripts\Misc\Custompath, and right click inside that folder. Click paste. And there ya go.

Admin Poison

Wanderer
hmm quick ? do i copy the comments in the datapath.cs or the entire datapath.cs itself and paste it into the custompath folder?

Admin Poison

Wanderer
mmmmhmm that doesnt work either
this is what i did
1: copied the datapath by using the drop down menu and clickin copy
2: i pasted the datapath.cs into the custompath folder located in scripts/misc
3: i had to change the name of the datapath to datapath 2 bcuz it said the server already had a definition of datapath
4: i started up shard
5: typed [freeze
6: clicked 2 boundry's to freeze
7:got error message
8: smacked the shit outa the computer

L

Lost User

Ah hah hah hah hah hah!

I love this damn thread. Some of you guys are sooo slow :p

Ok this is how I did it, watch and learn:

Edited line 16 so points to "G:\UO Files\"

Created new folder on G named "UO Files"

Copying the needed files from the UO Directory (the needed files are listed in datapath.cs)

Pasting the files into G:\UO Files

-------------------------------------

Ok if you cant do it after reading the above then uninstall RunUO, unplug your computer from the wall and go watch the grass grow.... because you are too stupid to do anything else.

- Konoko

Slayeh

Wanderer
I think if you dont know enough about windows to create a folder and copy some files to it, you most *definatly* should not be trying to run a UO server, or anything much at all, untill you learn how to use Windows! You wont get very far without it

Admin Poison

Wanderer
ok i found the files , i woulda got it if i would've thought to look in the Ultiam online program files, i was lookin in the runuo files.... everyone makes mistakes and slayeh shut the **** up, if ur not gonna post somethin helpful then stay the hell outa the thread

Admin Poison

Wanderer
ohh ya, i copied ant pasted all the files except for the verdata file cuz i cant find it anywhere.......it says its a file needed in datapath.cs
where is it?