RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

freeze problem

psz

Administrator
They stopped including it with UO sometime after UO:T2A. Search the forum for verdata, and you'll get a LOT of sources for how to make a new one.

L

Lost User

Strictly speaking you dont need a verdata... but a blank one will be fine.

- Konoko

L

Lost User

Nope it can be on any drive and called anything you want.... it was just an example.

Can eaven be on a network drive if you want...

- Konoko

Admin Poison

Wanderer
hmm this thing is still bein gay, i checked the list in data path and the folder to see if i have all the folders like 3 times now.......everything is there......r u sure there is nothing else needed to get this gay peace of **** to work?
hmm i probably messed up when i directed the path
[/code]private static string CustomPath = @"C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\UO files";[code:1]
The folder is on my desktop, is the path f*cked up?[/code:1]

L

Lost User

if you have all the correct files it should work

i would be carefull putting anything on your desktop or in your documents if you have a NTFS file system. If you are using XP (I presume you are) then it might try to keep them private.

List all the files you have inside the directory (or take a screeny)

- Konoko

Admin Poison

Wanderer
map0
map2
map3
mapdif0
mapdif1
mapdif2
mapdif3
mapdifl0
mapdifl1
mapdifl2
stadif0
stadif1
stadif2
stadif3
stadifi0
stadifi1
stadifi2
stadifi3
stadifl0
stadifl1
stadifl2
staidx0
staidx2
staidx3
statics0
statics2
statics3
tiledata
verdata
multi.idx
multi

Admin Poison

Wanderer
when i direct runuo to look for the folder does it have to be C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\UO files or can it be C:\UOfiles?

L

Lost User

It can be anyware you want...

c:\Ilikegoats\
c:\MyFeetHurt\
x:\billybob\

Anything you want... as long as you edit the datapath to point to the correct folder.

- Konoko

Admin Poison

Wanderer
[code:1]private static string CustomPath = @"C:\UO files";
[/code:1]
there has to be something wrong with the path cuz all of the files r there and when i try to freeze the damn error comes up,its something with the path

L

Lost User

Well you must have changed something or done somethign wrong... I cant think of what though.

- Konoko

L

Lost User

Admin Poison said:
i did exactly what u told me to......u think it could be an error with the beta?

No i am using 33R2 and its working fine for me.

Try doing it with a fresh download.

- Konoko

demonjr

Wanderer
Poison, try making the folder w/out the spaces, i dunno if that'll help, but I remember having to fix something like that w/ mine, i dunno why it did it to me, but after I made the folder one word, it just went.....or, maybe i did stuff after that....i really don't remember...

but I gave up on freezing things after I got it to work, but then tried to distribute the files, and it took HOURS to download just the staidx0.mul and statics0.mul...don't ask me why...I've downloaded entire custom maps in like 5 min.... :(

bzk90

Lord
do i put all these in the custumpathh folder?

mmap0
map2
map3
mapdif0
mapdif1
mapdif2
mapdif3
mapdifl0
mapdifl1
mapdifl2
stadif0
stadif1