RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Friends can't connect

redhead

Wanderer
Friends can't connect

I have dsl and running windows xp. others can't login to my shard. i am new to all this stuff so if u could help me it would be most appreciated

Broadside

Wanderer
Are you running through a router than? You will need to open up the ports or check to see if a firewall is blocking any connections.

jumpnjahosofat

Sorceror
This is something that I posted in another thread on the same topic. Hopefullly it will help you out. :) When you try to connect to your router, try these user : password combinations:

admin : password
admin : admin

They will generally get you into any router that doesn't have a user given password.

jumpnjahosofat;684876 said:
I'm not sure what you mean by "real" ip, so I will go into more detail on how to set this up. Each broadband router should actually have 2 IP addresses. One of those IP addresses would be the external or WAN (Wide Area Network) IP. This IP is the one that is broadcast to the "world" side. The other IP is the LAN (Local Area Network) IP. This is the IP address that is broadcast to the local computers connected to the router. For example, the 3 computers that you have in your home. It is generally a 192.168.???.??? number. It is also the gateway for all your local computers. To configure your system to do what you wanted to do, you first need to know your router's LAN ip address and your service providers DNSs. To get the LAN of the router, simply open up a command window and type "ipconfig". This will give you the list of the local computer's IP, the netmask and the router's IP address. If you put the router's IP address into a web browser such as Internet Explorer for the address, it should allow you to connect to your router. Once you are connected to your router, you can usually find a button for "Status". If you click this, you will get the list of IP addresses that you will be needing. Write down the following:

Code:
LAN IP =
Primary DNS =
Secondary DNS =
These will be needed to set up the two computers that you want to have static IP's.

For shits and giggles, lets say that:

Code:
LAN IP = 111.111.111.111
Primary DNS = 222.222.222.222
Secondary DNS = 333.333.333.333

Now to set your computer to have a static IP.

Code:
1.  Open your network connections on one of the computers that you wish to have a static IP address.
Code:
2.  Right click the connection and select "Properties".
Code:
3.  In the box below "This connection uses the following items:", highlight "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and then click the properties button below it.
Code:
4.  You should see a window for the TCP/IP properties now.  They probably have 
the boxes checked for "Obtain an IP address automatically".  Seeing as how you want to 
keep your IP address the same on 2 of your computers, put a check in the box next to 
"Use the following IP address.  This will now let you type IP addresses into the box.  For
 the first box, put in your computer's current IP address. (If you don't know it, 
type "ipconfig" in a command window).  The second box usually fills itself in and looks like 
this 95% of the time.  255.255.255.0  The third box should be the LAN IP of the router, or 
your gateway.  They should be the same.  Use the information that you got from your 
router's status to fill in the boxes below that section for the DNS servers.
When
you are done, it should look something like this.

Code:
IP Address  [111.111.111.???]
Subnet Mask [255.255.255.0]
Default Gateway [111.111.111.111] <- Router's LAN IP
Preferred DNS server [222.222.222.222] <- from router's status
Alternate DNS server [333.333.333.333] <- from router's status

Once you are done filling in all the blanks, click OK and your computer is now set up with a static IP. Do this with the other computer that you want to have a static IP as well. The computer that you don't want to have a static IP will still get its IP asigned to it on connection to the network.

Hopefully that isn't too confusing! :D

redhead

Wanderer
ok. wat i ahve done is went to portforward.com did everythign it told me. i set up my firewall to allow runuo. i used [props and set publicmyrunuo to true. and it still isn't working

Malaperth

Wanderer
If you see nothing in the console window when a player is trying to connect, you have an ip problem or the ports are forwarded incorrectly. Since we do not know exactly what hardware you have and what you have done to it, it's very difficult to be of more help.

redhead

Wanderer
i use dsl and my router is 2 wire 1000sw. i set up my port forward for all that portforward.com says to port forward. and i also added 2593. and here is the section of my serverlist.cs. when they try to log in with razor do they use my outside ip number.

public static readonly string Address = "70.130.46.226";

public const string ServerName = "Camp Pain";

public static void Initialize()
{
Listener.Port = 2593;

EventSink.ServerList += new ServerListEventHandler( EventSink_ServerList );

Malaperth

Wanderer
First, your dsl modem very well may contain it's own router, and I have no idea what portforward.com says, but the only port you need for the RunUO server is port 2593. You also need to forward port 2593 to the correct lan IP of your server machine. Does it show anything in the console window when someone tries to connect? Does it show port 2593 open when you go to canyouseeme.org?

Malaperth

Wanderer
redhead;687177 said:
i think i have it forwarded to the computer i am using not the internal ip

I have no idea what that means. Traffic must be forwarded from your dsl modem to your router and then to your server machine. To find the ip of the server machine, open a command prompt and type ipconfig. It will show you most likely a number like 192.168.1.100.