RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Friends can't connect

Darksoarer

Wanderer
alright, well what if i can get the person with access to the firewall to change the settings so people can join, how will they change it?

Malaperth

Wanderer
If that is the case, what jumpnjahosofat said applies:

If your problem is a firewall issue, just allow that port to be opened for use in your firelwall settings. All firewalls are different, so you would probably need to look in the help section about your firewall on how to do this.

corbingene01

Wanderer
something else that really hasn't been mentioned here is the fact that most dsl providers do not supply a static ip. so he might need no-ip.com account to keep that ip in check.

a simple way to see if its a firewall issue is to disable it for 5 minz just to see if anyone can connect. (granted its a tad risky) there is also that really nice script from i think (uogateway) thats setup for routers.

i run my server on a dsl and its a tad tricky to get started (tad, ok i lied its rough on a beginner) but keep at it and you will get it sooner than later.

hope some of this helps :)

redhead

Wanderer
well... yah i decided it is pretty pointless because i am getting new comp in about 6 days. so y get this one all set up and then. get new computer.

corbingene01

Wanderer
redhead;688214 said:
well... yah i decided it is pretty pointless because i am getting new comp in about 6 days. so y get this one all set up and then. get new computer.

good point. :) but good practice to get it running on new comp, unless you get windows vista

redhead

Wanderer
Well true. but, i don't think i will have the time and knowlege to be a good shard owner i would be better as a staff member