RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FS Grave Digger Quest / System

RoninGT

Sorceror
FS Grave Digger Quest / System

FS Grave Digger Quest / System v1.0

UPDATE July 8th, 2005
FIXED: NPCs so they are trammel friendly. Very special thanks to Greystar for his help on this issue.

I have had this for a long time and never released it. Sence i been seeing alot of quests on the boards i thought i would add one of mine.

This is a quest and grave digging system.

The quest is based on the built in RunUO v1.0.0 quest system. fully automated. The quest starts in magincia. and its a fun story to follow with some twists i have had it on my server now for over 8-9 months and players still love it.

Not to spoil the story line but.... And old man sends you on a quest for some medicne he needs. and you find yourself crossing the trammel map in search of the items the old man needs. At the end the man hands you a grave diggers shovel. (Please take the time to read the story line... didnt write it for my health lol )

Grave Digging
First and the quest outlines. You need mining. Higher your mining the more cool stuff you get. You need to go into a grave yard and start digging on a grave... Be sure to not to awake the undead lol... As you will, There are 42 grave items (Deco) 4 Artifacts, and a handfull of bones and miscs gems, scrolls, and magic loot to gather... Only one item per dig and your shovel is limited to a max of 20 uses. Does not mean you will get a max 20 they range from 5, 10, 15, 20 uses randomly per shovel. The quest will keep your players digging and busy for many hours to give you some rest... Trust me when i released it... i was not buged for events for at least a month LOL.

Setup
No distros to edit. Simply drop into your customs folder. then restart your server and say the ingame command. "[GenGDQ" this command will spawn all your quest NPCs needed for the quest in their correct locations, After uses the command goto Bucs Den (Trammel) and props Linda (Shes by the Inn) and set her BoyFriend to the NPC next to her named. "Remmy Crockett" Now if your forget to to do this no crash will happen but a key part of the quest diolog will be left out. The command is setup to do this for you however it does not always do it :( never checked into personaly cause its simple to do it by hand. After that Inform you players there is a new quest located in Magincia. (Look for Samus McNealson) and your all set.

Hope you enjoy.

Ronin

Attachments

• FS Grave Digger Quest.zip
    34.4 KB · Views: 1,998
Sweet idea man. I was thinking though is there a way to change this around some to work like this. What I wanted to do was create some catacombs on my shard and make the walls contain bones in crevices like ultima 8 had and Id like to change the shovel to a grave robbing kit only usable on the bodies in the catacombs. Any ideas on how I should do this?

This has got to be one of the best quests ive seen in a long time though. Keeps players from geting bored with it because you can keep digging graves to get different stuff making the actual reward better.

P.S. what was the name of your shard cuz I gotta check it out you release alot of cool shit and Id like to check it out in action :)

RoninGT

Sorceror
If i am not mistaken the Rules say something along the lines of not advertising shards and i would not like to break the rules however my website is public knowlage on my profile i think you can figure it out from there :)

Ronin

LordHogFred

Knight
Wow Ronin you need to be given some sort of medal all your stuff is just so great. Not only is it creative it is also very well supported and stable.

LordHogFred

Knight
Um, I seem to have a problem. The farmer is blue and therefor I can't attack him. How am I supposed to kill him?

Warloxx

Sorceror
Code:
RunUO - [[url]www.runuo.com][/url] Version 1.0.0, Build 36918
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (6 errors, 3 warnings)
 - Warning: Scripts\Custom\Systems\Spawners\GigaSpanwer\ConvertToGS.cs: CS0168:
(line 33, column 16) The variable 'gs' is declared but never used
 - Warning: Scripts\Custom\Systems\Spawners\GigaSpanwer\GigaSpawner.cs: CS0162:
(line 288, column 71) Unreachable code detected
 - Warning: Scripts\Custom\Systems\Spawners\GigaSpanwer\GigaSpawner.cs: CS0162:
(line 289, column 70) Unreachable code detected
 - Error: Scripts\Custom\Grave Digging System\Commands\GenGraveDiggerQuest.cs: C
S0104: (line 143, column 6) 'Linda' is an ambiguous reference
S0246: (line 172, column 7) The type or namespace name 'l' could not be found (a
re you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
S0246: (line 173, column 7) The type or namespace name 'l' could not be found (a
S0246: (line 174, column 7) The type or namespace name 'l' could not be found (a
S0103: (line 175, column 24) The name 'l' does not exist in the class or namespa
ce 'Server.GenerateGDQ.GenMobiles'
S0246: (line 178, column 6) The type or namespace name 'l' could not be found (a
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
 - Press return to exit, or R to try again.

This is what I get when I loaded it up.

LordHogFred

Knight
I was thinking of that but if you check the scripts they are supposed to be attackable by anyone doing the quest. I just thought I'd let ROnin know that somthings not quite right :p

RoninGT

Sorceror
Ok sorry my servers total pvp never thought about that one ill fix the Famer...

Warloxx
Did you modifiy the code any???
Cause i have no load issues. Do you have all the files in your customs folder?

Ronin

RoninGT

Sorceror
Ok fixed the npc trammel thing. Thanks to greystar for his help on that.

As far as that load issue has anyone else has this cause i am not having it, I even installed it on a fresh server and no problems.

Ronin

blue77

Wanderer
Great Script! I love that it uses the Quest Log...I could never get that right! I added a few items to the grave digging part, body parts and such. Thanks alot for sharing this quest I'm sure my players will love it! I can't wait to get it on the server! Works nicely on the test shard! Thanks again and keep up the terrific work! :)

RoninGT

Sorceror
Greystar said:
Plug and pray

LMAO well i just updated on a fresh server and did quest all is well. and thanks to your help now farmers, Farm hands, Yoshi, and Thugs are all attackable. Like i said its been on my server for ages and not problems. All the major bugs were worked out long ago. but never know might be a few small ones that sliped by me.

Again i hope you guys enjoy it and if you do ill release a few more of my quests for ya later. For now i have bigger projects to get working on.

Ronin

Sunshine

Wanderer
awsome work I loved doing it on our test shard and I am so exicted for the players to try it out. I am positive they too will love it.

Thank you for sharing, very kind of you and it is appreciated

Paige

Wanderer
:)

Awesome once again Ronin. I will add this when I get the chance, but I already know and can see from the posts that its great! Keep it up, I love your scripts! :)

RoninGT said:
If i am not mistaken the Rules say something along the lines of not advertising shards and i would not like to break the rules however my website is public knowlage on my profile i think you can figure it out from there :)

Ronin

Yeah i thought about that after I posted so I did a search and found your site :) I want able to play last night because UOG was being a bitch to me and wouldnt unrar the patch so Im going to try again tonight :)

- Error: c:\Documents and Settings\Drake\Desktop\The Vampires Redemption\Script
s\Custom Scripts\Grave Digging System\Commands\GenGraveDiggerQuest.cs: CS0104: (
line 143, column 6) 'Linda' is an ambiguous reference
s\Custom Scripts\Grave Digging System\Commands\GenGraveDiggerQuest.cs: CS0246: (
line 172, column 7) The type or namespace name 'l' could not be found (are you m
issing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
s\Custom Scripts\Grave Digging System\Commands\GenGraveDiggerQuest.cs: CS0246: (
line 173, column 7) The type or namespace name 'l' could not be found (are you m
line 174, column 7) The type or namespace name 'l' could not be found (are you m
s\Custom Scripts\Grave Digging System\Commands\GenGraveDiggerQuest.cs: CS0103: (
line 175, column 24) The name 'l' does not exist in the class or namespace 'Serv
er.GenerateGDQ.GenMobiles'
line 178, column 6) The type or namespace name 'l' could not be found (are you m

Ok i loaded da scipts in i got the same errors as the other guy.

AObhaal

Wanderer
Thanks for Updating the System, I was gonna post about not being able to kill the farmers last night but work was a little hectic hehe. Great Script I love the quest. Just out of curiosity ive been digging alot and havnt come accross anything but Monsters or Nothing at all, is there any setting I need to change or is it just rare to get items? Anyways, thanks for the great quest!

Tanya1965

Wanderer
Can I ask if the items drop as a % everyone works fine for me and its one awsome quest, but none of the creatures drop the fluid etc, just wondering as im a bit dim on the old scripting bit :)

cuy782002

Wanderer
Great quest RoninGT and i like the auto gen wish all the quest were like that just makes it easer but anyways when i do the [gengdq not all the NPC spawn for some reason and im having a hard time finding Samus McNealson and Linda's boy friend is already set
other than that all is good no errors :confused:

thanks for the quest hope to see more like this