RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FS Player Government System

LordHogFred

Knight
Just a suggestion, maybe you should make it so that not all of the resources are lost when you fail because the items being made require so many resources to make.

Chz :),

EDIT:

Ok I hate to be the first person to do this but. I just made myself a town (Admin char) and added myself to the election stone to run for office. I then tried to vote for myself and the server carshed:
Code:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Server.Gumps.VotingStoneGump.OnResponse(NetState state, RelayInfo info)
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DisplayGumpResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

RoninGT

Sorceror
Ok i have updated the package.

Fixed the voting stone crash, and fixed the city rename prompt

Also added a few new craftables.

Ronin

LordHogFred

Knight
RoninGT said:
Ok i have updated the package.

Fixed the voting stone crash, and fixed the city rename prompt

Also added a few new craftables.

Ronin

Cool, sorry to have been the first person to have caused you trouble :p

This is such a fantastic system, I don't have a very large player base so half of us are all stockpiling our resources to craft a city hall at the moment :p.

A_Li_N

Knight
Suggestion:
Create an AI for city workers...This could go along with the guards, resource gatherers, and even be extended to an actual worker...and then replace instant building of city decos with an 'order' that would be placed. The workers would then take the order to where it is sposed to be made and start building. The item would rise out of the ground as it is being built.
These ideas are part of something that I have been dabling in...but havnt gotten to that stage yet. It's kinda my 'big project' that always gets pushed back for smaller things (and life) Figured I'd share the idea with you, since you have something that might be able to implement it.

RoninGT

Sorceror
LordHogFred
Its np bro, Thats the whole idea of posting it now so i can get the bugs worked out. :) I dont mind it bro, Its what i do :)

A_Li_N
Thats sounds cool, Not sure how i would work it but i am sure i can swing it. Maybe a little more details on your ideas and ill see what i can do. Also i plan to add "Havesters" soon so players can place to gather reasources. It will cost money to operate and will update its self sorta like the city halls do. This system is far from being done i plan to milk this one as far as i can. :)

gideon_troy
Thank you and yes i did.

big_cat

Wanderer
This is an awesome system for any rp shards out there, it makes UO way more realistic. Great work Ronin, very impressed.

Turmoil

Wanderer
Great idea RoninGT... I will give this my best try (even if im still stumped on the Animal Taming System..:(...just that I have to many systems put in that I realized that its clashing with the taming system)...
Wish me luck...:)

blackgriffin

Wanderer
I just thought of something that would make this system even more awesome. A website (similar to the status page) that lists each town, who's the mayor, how large it is, things like that.

PDakis

Wanderer
The system is awesome, and the first time I start up the shard with it on , all is well until I reboot the shard , then I get the player mobile script error you spoke of .. I think the problem is in this part of my mobile script but honestly I just don't know enough to see what it is . I was wondering if you could take a fast look at it ? I did use win merge and as you can see added one to the numbers. base.Serialize( writer );

writer.Write( (int) 21 ); // version

writer.Write( m_City );

writer.Write( m_CityTitle );

writer.Write( m_ShowCityTitle );

writer.Write( m_OwesBackTaxes );

writer.Write( m_BackTaxesAmount );

writer.Write( (int) 20); // version
m_TamingBOBFilter.Serialize( writer );

writer.WriteEncodedInt( (int) m_SolenFriendship );

writer.Write( m_Bioenginer );
Thank you in advance for any help you might be able to give me.

Greystar

Wanderer
PDakis said:
The system is awesome, and the first time I start up the shard with it on , all is well until I reboot the shard , then I get the player mobile script error you spoke of .. I think the problem is in this part of my mobile script but honestly I just don't know enough to see what it is . I was wondering if you could take a fast look at it ? I did use win merge and as you can see added one to the numbers.
Code:
base.Serialize( writer );

writer.Write( (int) 21 ); // version

writer.Write( m_City );

writer.Write( m_CityTitle );

writer.Write( m_ShowCityTitle );

writer.Write( m_OwesBackTaxes );

writer.Write( m_BackTaxesAmount );

writer.Write( (int) 20); // version
                        m_TamingBOBFilter.Serialize( writer );

writer.WriteEncodedInt( (int) m_SolenFriendship );

writer.Write( m_Bioenginer );
Thank you in advance for any help you might be able to give me.

IT IS right here

Code:
writer.Write( (int) 20); // version << Delete this line
m_TamingBOBFilter.Serialize( writer )

RoninGT

Sorceror
blackgriffin
I like that idea. I might work something in, maybe in a ingame sort of way.

Greystar
Did i forget to remove something? lol ill check it out and fix asap

Ronin

P.S. i have a new beta of this system will be on the boads sometime today.

tobagin

Sorceror
a while ago I was doing a farm system for my server at would go well with yours I'm done with it yet
but the ideia is to have 4 types of farms, 2 for plantation and 2 for create animals... like bulls, cows, horses
it would have small and large farm
it would have a animal reproduction system with dificults levels of reproduction depending if the animal is domestic or not
the skill veterinary would goes well to aply injection for protection from viruses and illnesses
and the union of veterinary and alchemy will alow alchemist to build cure for illnesses
with this system we could include a spawn that delete itself when the animal is tamed this would cause animals extinction or only some privets animals, etc
would bring a better market of selling common animals like horses, llamas and etc.
in the woods those animals would reproduce way faster but for that we need male and female animals.

so I have being away from uo for sometime but still have the project here somewhere in the computer.

I will be vary happy to continue the project and add it to your package RoninGT

tobagin

Sorceror
sometime ago to I did a Government System too that is not rally complete but my system for every city(I only used towns all ready in the game) had a mayor, a sherriff, a financial administrator(the one who buy things to the town, like lanterns, decoration, roads, and so on), and a 2 members city council that would aprove everything that the mayor wants to do. the mayor was able to run a public survey to know what the citizens would like to see in the city another.

I have an unfinished new bank system where you have a bank in each town and differents types of bank accounts so the player would choose a free acount(100 stones or 100 items) or pay for a better account with would holds more stones and/or items. so the player can only open his bank in his city or maybe in a allied city if they have a bank agrrement.

the city could have a most wanted board where if you bring the head of the criminal it would give the citizen something....

another ideia is to have some special building like church, jail, court, shopping, bank.

Alari

Wanderer
This system is incredible beyond belief. =D

Ice19999 said:
ok this might be a retarted question but........how do i get it from a .rar file to a .cs file?
You can use 7zip (free) or WinRar (shareware). =) A RAR file is a type of archive, like ZIP or BZ (or TAR.GZ [tar only archives, no compression, and gzip only compresses a file, no archiving, so you use both] 8)