RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FS Player Government System

OK Ronin heres one for ya,

I cant get players added to a city stone even though they own a house in the city limits.

Thanks,
Dan

didnt mean to post this this 2 times but now ill edit it It works fine the trouble was i was testing this in green acres and thats a no housing zone. Sorry all better now

Thanks,
Dan

Kittrell

Wanderer
Suggestion...

I would suggest the ability to also have dictatorial cities, with, instead of a mayor, a lord/lady (noble of some kind). The elections for a town like this could consist simply of a duel to the death for leadership or gold bids on the title.

* Dueling would be between the leader and the challenger (with a possible tournament system where the incumbent fights last after the other candidates have fought a battle royale or a tournament to get to him or her in cases where there are multiple parties fighting). Would suggest both players having to be online to start a challenge, and the duel would commence perhaps 10 minutes later. If either party doesn't show, the one that shows wins by default. If neither show, the incumbent remains in office.

* Gold bids on the title could be simply handled as Who is willing to pay the most for the land? Roleplaying-wise, Lord British would accept a cash gift to favor the current lord or a new lord of that town. The bidding could last for, say, 7 days, highest bidder pays the money and becomes lord of the town.

Of course, anyone dueling/bidding would have to have a house in the city already. This way, you could have a democratic system, a dictatorial system, and a noble/merchantile/royal system, and that might create ideological conflicts with cities that do not share your type of system.

In wars, the winning city could change the system of government of the town, and changing the city's government type could be set to a timer of 28 days (ensuring that if a democratic system is installed, it will last at least for a month before it could be changed again). The mayor/lord/chief of the town could be responsible for changing/selecting the system of government of their own city, as well, in case they wanted revolution to change the system. (This, of course, would dramatically decrease the treasury, destroy some town improvements, and etc.)

Maybe the themes of towns could change a bit depending on your government, as well; dictatorships would have more militaristic/dark/evil-looking towns, democracies would have more functional cities, while royal/noble towns might have more extravagant/rich decorations.

Just some thoughts. Thought these might be interesting/cool to have in the system.

Maseral

Wanderer
I keep on crashing when a player adds the deed or when some one adds a house inside the city

and how can a player get forensics or so ?

here is the crash report
Code:
Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 1.0.0, Build 36918
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600.0
.NET Framework: 1.1.4322.2032
Time: 19-6-2005 4:08:48
Mobiles: 17154
Items: 149564
Clients:
- Count: 2
+ 82.134.230.194: (account = jeal) (mobile = 0xA4E '†Lead Admin†Spiritus')
+ 69.34.39.48: (account = mythical) (mobile = 0x14 'Mythical')

Exception:
System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for "Server.MultiData" threw an exception. ---> System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "C:\Program Files\Ultima Online 2D\Verdata.mul" is denied.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean useAsync, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
   at Server.MultiData..cctor()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Server.MultiData.GetComponents(Int32 multiID)
   at Server.Items.BaseMulti.get_Components()
   at Server.Map.OnEnter(Item item)
   at Server.Item.MoveToWorld(Point3D location, Map map)
   at Server.Multis.Deeds.HouseDeed.OnPlacement(Mobile from, Point3D p)
   at Server.Multis.Deeds.HousePlacementTarget.OnTarget(Mobile from, Object o)
   at Server.Targeting.Target.Invoke(Mobile from, Object targeted)
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.TargetResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

Would you mind showing the total cities upkeep on the citizens gump when they clik on the town stone? This way they can see how much it actually costs to run the city! Also so far easy install, no bugs found all working well

Thanks Ronin,
Dan

Homedogg24

Wanderer
Ive noticed one thing on my server, when it is restarted or shutdown and brought back up, the floors for the fieldstone city hall disappear. I havent tried the other city halls so not sure if its just the one or if the others are acting the same.

RoninGT

Sorceror
Maseral
Not sure about that crash, It has something to do with your Verdata.mul i can see. but my buildings have nothing to do with outside muls they are just addons. Ill take a look at your crash and see what i can come up with.

Homedogg24
Yes the fieldstone should be the only one with the problem. I am fixing all the buildings againa and releasing in another update soon.

Ronin

Maseral

Wanderer
RoninGT said:
Maseral
Not sure about that crash, It has something to do with your Verdata.mul i can see. but my buildings have nothing to do with outside muls they are just addons. Ill take a look at your crash and see what i can come up with.

Ronin

TnQ :D i will take a look at the verdATA

RoninGT

Sorceror
Updated system to beta 3, Has a few fixes and minor tweaks, also adds a very helpful command to let staff view and find all cities i plan to update this command in a future update to let staff veiw stats of each city. Building fixes did not make it to this update will be in a future beta.

Ronin

EDIT: Also got plans for a waring city sabotage system. Letting thiefs of another waring city enter a waring city use stealing to (Access) city hall stones and sabotage sertian aspects of the city. I need some advice if this seems like a good idea. and what types of sabotage should we add to the system

LordHogFred

Knight
RoninGT said:
Updated system to beta 3, Has a few fixes and minor tweaks, also adds a very helpful command to let staff view and find all cities i plan to update this command in a future update to let staff veiw stats of each city. Building fixes did not make it to this update will be in a future beta.

Ronin

EDIT: Also got plans for a waring city sabotage system. Letting thiefs of another waring city enter a waring city use stealing to (Access) city hall stones and sabotage sertian aspects of the city. I need some advice if this seems like a good idea. and what types of sabotage should we add to the system

How about have the thieves be able to sabotage the amount of taxes paid for the next tax payment by increasing them by 50% or possibly making all the tax money go into the thieves towns treasury instead. If your thinking of having warring towns sabotaging each other then how about having allied towns giving gifts? Like if one town collects X amount of granite then they can donate a monument to their allied town as a gift and the mayor recieves it as a deed that he can place in his town.

First off as always much praise goes to you Ronin for this awesome creation!! Thanks

Heres a few problems I found for ya:

1. City guards dont seem to work at all.
2. All of the moongates signs say tavern on them.
3. All the healers signs are inside the buildings (dont know if that was intentional)
4. No Fieldstone city gate?
5. Alot of the stables signs are away from their sighn hangers.
6. The marble bank sign is away from its hanger.
7. Alot of stables doors are in wrong places (doors not in openings, there in the walls).
8. Some of the healers doors are in wrong spots as well.
9. When building a harvester of any type you get a Asian moongate deed instead( is this because you have not added harvesters yet?)

These are al small cosmetic fixes ( I fixed some myself) and not bugs but some basic users wont know what to do.

Thanks again (I love testing your awesome systems),
Dan

RoninGT

Sorceror
Ok guards are like normal town guards... Try getting a normal player and say a ogre and see if you can call when it attacks you. If not ill test more.

Thanks for the building tips, I plan to revamp all the buildings soon.

Harvesters are not in the game yet just add them as place holders.

And thank you very much

Ronin

RoninGT said:
Ok guards are like normal town guards... Try getting a normal player and say a ogre and see if you can call when it attacks you. If not ill test more.

Thanks for the building tips, I plan to revamp all the buildings soon.

Harvesters are not in the game yet just add them as place holders.

And thank you very much

Ronin

NP at all Ronin I love your work. Now as the guards go, I did exactly what you said before I posted this, I had one of my players stand in the town and i spawned an ogre. It attacked her and she called the guards and nothing. Then I spawned it out of town and had her let it chase her in and she called the guards and still no guards.

Also I started making a new building type called temple so players can have a church and an ankh in their town so the paladins can tithe.

Thanks Ronin,
Dan

Icebat

Wanderer
first of all, thank you and congratulations for the script!

i have some suggestions:

bank should have bankers instead of stones, same to healers.
the building should have 2 orientations, 1 south as usual an one east, so the city looks better.
the mayor should be able to assign a finance and war assistants and counselors.

thanks again!

RoninGT

Sorceror
I been thinking about adding south and east facing buildings. As far as the mobiles vs stones. I wanted to take out the whole mobile thing. The stones do everything the npcs do other than buy and i plan to change them. I might add a setting into it for those who prefer a npc banker/healer vs a stone.

Ronin

DevXLX

Sorceror
Hello.

Wonderful system, Wonderful idea, and a nice processing so far. :)

I got some questions id love if youd answer Ronin.

Forensics, as this skills unlocks features for the citys etc, what prevents a player/mayor from macroing this skill and getting it higher this way?

and these are possible bugs:
*Titles doesnt seem to display on citizens.
*No names displayed at the "remove a citizen" gump although we were 2 citizens.
*A city decays even if it reached level 1, i just changed the playergoverment.cs so it looks like this:
Code:
/ Number of citizens needed for each city level.
		public static int Level1 = 2; // Default 20
		public static int Level2 = 4; // Default 40
		public static int Level3 = 6; // Default 60
		public static int Level4 = 8; // Default 80
		public static int Level5 = 10; // Default 100
		public static int Level6 = 12; // Default 200
Yet when it updated (which i set it to do every 5th minute) it decayed saying the minimum citizen count wasnt met (although I had 2 citizens and had reached level 1 this way).
Was it because they were staffcharacters perhaps?

Anyways, thanks for the read, and again its a really nice system. :)

RoninGT

Sorceror
Dev sorry for my late reply, Thanks for the heads up some of that i knew some i did not. I will be fixing that and other issues in Beta 4,

To answer your question, Nothing. But the city cannot advance on the skill alone the skill is just there to keep the mayor needing a skill to place and do sertian features.. Without the citizens the skill is worthless.

Staff wont show up on the members list btw. so if your 2 staff members... thats why they are not showing up.

The if statment for the city to check its citizent limit is wrong i am fixing you will need 3 if you have it at 2. :)

Ronin

DevXLX

Sorceror
Code:
// Number of citizens needed for each city level.

Everytime im trying to test it, the city disbands saying I did not have the required minimum citizens although I had more than 2 citizens and thats the required amount for level 1.
my city does reach level 1, but then by next update it disbands saying I lack the minimum citizen count.. how is that possible when its 2 and I have 3 citizens?

I looked over the playergovernment.cs but i cant see any other minimum code than the above posted one.. what am I doing wrong? :)

Thanks for the reply!

Greystar

Wanderer
DevXLX said:
Code:
// Number of citizens needed for each city level.

Everytime im trying to test it, the city disbands saying I did not have the required minimum citizens although I had more than 2 citizens and thats the required amount for level 1.
my city does reach level 1, but then by next update it disbands saying I lack the minimum citizen count.. how is that possible when its 2 and I have 3 citizens?

I looked over the playergovernment.cs but i cant see any other minimum code than the above posted one.. what am I doing wrong? :)

Thanks for the reply!

if anyone of your 2 citizens is staff it wont recognize it