RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FS Shrink System w/ Taming Craft

RoninGT

Sorceror
FS Shrink System w/ Taming Craft

FS Animal Taming Systems

UPDATE 1/7/2005 v1.5
Fixed bug where players could not access pack animals packs after being unshrunk (Thanks to flowerbudd for reporting )
Changed shrunken pets weight to 25 stones by request from many. Players were able to store a whole army of pets in their backpacks.

If updating from v1.4 to v1.5 all you need to update is the ShrinkItem.cs

UPDATE 12/31/2004 v1.4
Fixed bug in shrinkitem.cs leting all unshrunk pets to spawn with gold to use drop command again.
Fixed Large BODS now will have Amount To Tame: with the amount.

If you are updating from v1.3 to v.1.4 you only need update LargeMobileBOD.cs and ShrinkItem.cs

Happy new years in advance!!!

UPDATE 12/28/2004 v1.4
Fixed a bug in shrinkitem (Thanks again to ArteGordon)
If you are updating your scripts from v1.3 to 1.4 You only need to update your ShrinkItem.cs!

UPDATE 12/17/2004 v1.3
Fixed a bug in shrinkitem crashing
Fixed Pet Power Scrolls So they Save Values
Fixed Poison Crystal so it works right again

UPDATE 12/01/04 Verison v1.2 Release
First i would like to give a very special thanks to ArteGordon for all his help over the past few days. He help overcome 2 major issues in the taming bod system. Thank you very much bro.

Thanks to Darkness_PR for the pet res script. I used it as a liner to remake all the pet potions so they now work with kegs.. However these are brand new potions changing the base would have make the server ask to delete all the old potions. the new potions will be made from the craft system the old potions will be marked with a tag letting players know they are prepatched and will not work with the kegs.

This update has alot of distro changes. Please read the readme / updatereadme on how to edit them. However if you do not have customs of these distros you may use the distros i have provided in the zip.

ADDED: Animal Taming BOD System.
ADDED: New Items For Rewards For BOD System.
ADDED: Bio-engineering System.
ADDED: New mobiles / items for the bio system.
ADDED: New pet potions that work with potion kegs.
ADDED: Readme on how to set the shrink system up for viagos dna dragons.

CHANGED: Graphic / hue of the pet res potions.

FIXED: Bug in shrinkitem.cs where it was not saving the evo s1 - s6 values. No errors reported for this bug but found it myself going over the system and fixed.

NOTE: If this is your first download or your updating Please see the readmes in the zip.

Please when installing dont forget to place the "Taming" folder in /Data/Buld Orders/ or the bod system will not work right. Its in the readme but i wanted to stress this :eek:

Also i have had to split them up into 2 zips due to file size. Be sure you download both zips and if you dont have Vorans Druid Spells, Download the Reagent pack too.

Enjoy.

UPDATE 11/24/2004
Fixed bug where if pets bodymod was changed due to champ or etc. Will not let you shrink the pet till that effect has worn off (BodyMod = 0) (Thanks to walmart for reporting)

UPDATE 11/23/2004
Fixed bug where shrink item would not store pets gender (Thanks to tbird for reporting)
Fixed bug where shrink item where when an evo pet was prego or had egg it would not restore its immortal status. (Thanks to Lara for reporting)

UPDATE 10/19/2004 2nd
Fixed bug where shrinking and unshrinking would cause pet to come back at full health. Now on shrink it will save the pets Hits, Stam, and Mana and when unshrunk it will retain the same as it was when shrunk. (Thanks to tbird for reporting)

UPDATE 10/19/2004 v1.1
Fixed Bug In Pet Dyes (Now Dyes Pets Permanently Mounts would not retain hue after mounted with HueMod)
Added Pet Dye Tub To Taming Craft Menu
Added Pet Greater Cure Potions To Taming Craft Menu (Better Chance to cure at Deadly and Lethal Poisons)

UPDATE 10/18/2004
Updated Readme with how to edit SBAnimalTrainer.cs to see the craft tools.
Updated Readme with how to edit ShrinkCommand.cs for Evo Dragons (Thanks To brimnon for reporting )
Fixed Spelling Error In ShrinkItem.cs (Thank To Khaz for reporting)

I have always wanted to use a shrink system on my shard but due to the posts saying that the current one floating around has a "Your pet is lost forever" Bug i never downloaded it. Since my players have been hounding me to get a shrink system i started work on one and this is it :D

First i would like that thank...

Phantom
David
ArteGordon
Sep102

For all there help over the past few days in support forums.

This system is not a flexible as the current one. But i looked over the current system and totally redid it. With the one here on the forums it Internalize's the mobile mine does not. It will save all stats of the creature to the shrinkitem then delete that mobile and rebuild it. Creature like Evo Dragons that have extra prop like KP and etc, have to be added into the system. However i have added a how to in readme included in the zip on how to make the system compatible with the Evo dragon script posted by (Raelis). Very simple to change. The craft system uses the reagents from Druid Spell by (Voran) if you don't have Vorans druide spells you can get it...

http://www.runuo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31213&highlight=Druid

If you do not wish to use the druid spells you can download the zip named ReagentPack included in this post it has fake reagents that can be used instead.

Features

Go big or go home :eek:
This system has alot of new features from the older ones.

Locking Feature
With the locking feature a player can secure his or her pet even more. The shrink items are blessed but there is always the case where a player drops it by mistake, Killed while dragging it, Or leaves it in another bag in their pack. They die they get looted you get a page lol, Well if the player keeps the shrunken pet locked and if someone else gets there hands on it and tries to claim as theirs it will send the pet back to the Owner. You can lock and unlock the pet by clicking once on it and going thur context menu.

Fast Pet Info
Players are gonna sell there pets. To make this easier for them you can hold your cursor over the shrunken pet and get info about that pet. Name, Breed, Owner, Skills, Bonded or Not, Locked or Not, Stats, and If is Evo pet, KP and Stage.

Deed Or Frame
By going into ShrinkItem.cs you can toggle IsDeed true or false. This will make the shrunken pets either a Deed or a Frame of the monster. The deed or frame will retain the hue of the pet on it.

Code:
private bool m_IsDeed = false; // Set True for all shrunken pets to be in deed form.

Safty Features
Will not let the player claim pet if they dont have the right amount of taming to control the pet.

Will not let the player shrink a dead pet.

Will not let the player shrink a summoned creature.

Will not let the player claim a shrunken pet if it will go over there Max Followers.

Will not let the player shrink or claim a pet while an aggressor.

Will not let the player shrink a pack animal with loot in pack.

Will not let the player shrink a pet while it is fighting.

If pet is boned and reclaimed by another person it will lose bonded status.

Will not let the player shrink a pet they do not own.

Details
This system comes with a taming craft system. Tamers can craft shrink potions. Pet res potions, pet heal, cure, and Greater heal potions greater cure, and pet dye tubs. Also includes pet dye this dye the pet permanently. There is also Hitching post ad dons. and Pet Leash Ad dons. Each has 100 charges and only tamers with 75 or more skill can use them. Anyone can use the potions. The Hitching post is taken from the shrink system here on these forums just modified for this system, I know theirs a pet leash scirpt out there too but i didn't use it to recreate the leash for this system. The crafting system is where the druid regs come into play. for potions.

If you want to set up so your animal trainers sell the brush craft tool Just open your SBAnimalTrainer.cs and find...

Code:
Add( new AnimalBuyInfo( 1, typeof( Rat ), 107, 10, 0x2123, 0 ) );

and after that add this line here...

Code:
Add( new AnimalBuyInfo( 1, typeof( Brush ), 72, 10, 0x1373, 0 ) );

NOTE: 72 is the price of the brush, You may or may not wish to change this, Its up to you.

Staff can use the [shrink command to shrink any item without any checks on it. So that means as long as its a basecreature staff can shrink it LOL its marked for gamemaster and above.

Built and Testing on v1.0 RC0

The shrink items are set up so who every double clicks them becomes the owner. So be sure to let your players know this and tell them about locking feature.

The i am still adding and tweaking this system. If you find any bugs or wish to make a suggestion for an addon to it. Please reply back ill do what i can to help / fix any problems.

Hope you enjoy

RoninGT

Install
Please see readmes in zip on how to set up these systems.

ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR FILES!
I cannot stress this enough.

If you need any help please reply to this post or pm me.
Thanks.

Attachments

• ReagentPack.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 1,376
  • FS Animal Taming Systems (Part 2).zip
    99.4 KB · Views: 1,240
  • FS Animal Taming Systems (Part 1).zip
    79.6 KB · Views: 1,171

brimnon

Wanderer
Forgot to mention one script in the read me for those with Evo Dragons. They also got to change this line:

Code:
/*if ( c is EvolutionDragon )
{
EvolutionDragon evo = (EvolutionDragon)c;
si.PetKP = evo.KP;
si.PetStage = evo.Stage;
si.PetHasEgg = evo.HasEgg;
si.PetAllowMating = evo.AllowMating;
si.PetPregnant = evo.Pregnant;
}*\

To well - the *\ and / * in the shrinkcommand.cs

Khaz

Knight
Beautifully done, Ronin. It set up, and implemented with great ease.
The only suggestion I have is that you change 'Bread' to 'Breed' in ShrinkItem.cs. It's the part in the gump that tells you what kind of shruken creature it is, and my assumption is that you meant breed (as in a group of creatures with common ancestors and/or characteristics), not bread (like bread and butter).

I'm about to restart and go in for testing, so I'll let you know of any bugs I find. However, I doubt I will, and thank you for the submission in any case.

RoninGT

Sorceror
Hooked on Chronic.... errr Phonics Didnt work for me hehe

Thanks for bringing that to my attn.

Sorry about the spelling error. and the missing howto in the readme. both fixed now and also updated the readme for how to edit your SBAnimalTrainer.cs to so he sells the craft tool.

Thanks again guys

Ronin

RoninGT

Sorceror
Before anyone posts the bug i found. I am aware of the bug in the pet dyes when it comes to mounts working to resolve this one atm.

Ronin

RoninGT

Sorceror
Thank you Bobert & bzk90

I have just updated the system with some extras i plan to update this system more. So check back from time to time. Any suggestions i would be more than happy to hear them.

Ronin

tbird

Sorceror
Great Shrink System. Best one I have tested, However one little bug that we have found.

When your pet dies, and you res it, if you shrink then unshrink it it returns with full health, this is a major problem with pets that have very high Hits (like high level Evo Dragons) and could become an exploit to get pets back in fight quick.

W

walmart

tbird said:
Looks like you forgot a } in case 3 n line 884 of the new script :)

sorry to be the bearer of bad news
yea i get same error and dont know where to place that line>>}

RoninGT

Sorceror
Ok sorry got it fixed now. Thanks again,
My pc went into the shop this morning and been hosting my server and doing scripts from my womans. and hers is not as good and she got this crasy window blinds crap LOL confusing as all hell.

Thanks again its all fixed and set

Ronin

RoninGT

Sorceror
Its fixed now thanks again. Yea i tested and got same error but guess i forgot to update the zip :confused: My pc went into the shop this morning and been hosting my server and doing scripts from my womans pc and its all confusing. lol
Thanks again for the bug update sorry i didnt get it fixed earlier.

Ronin

RoninGT

Sorceror
Its fixed now thanks again. Yea i tested and got same error but guess i forgot to update the zip :confused: My pc went into the shop this morning and been hosting my server and doing scripts from my womans pc and its all confusing. lol

Ronin

RoninGT

Sorceror

Ronin

RoninGT

Sorceror

I tried to post this last night but something was up with me on forums i could not get anything to post.

Ronin

tbird

Sorceror
Hi found another problem with the shrink and Evo Dragons

When you shrink them it doesn't store the gender of the dragon on the shrinkitem, so when you unshrink an Evo Dragon, it randomly regenerates its gender.