RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FS Shrink System w/ Taming Craft

Kamron

Knight
This is a good version of the shrink system, although if you are referencing the pet, then there is no reason to have a copy of all of its stats/skills/settings. The pet shouldn't be lost or deleted if the system is working right and staff do not obliviously empty the internal map.

ASayre

RunUO Developer
XxSP1DERxX said:
This is a good version of the shrink system, although if you are referencing the pet, then there is no reason to have a copy of all of its stats/skills/settings. The pet shouldn't be lost or deleted if the system is working right and staff do not obliviously empty the internal map.

Actually, THIS shrink system stores the values of stuff like str/dex/int/skills, etc.

It's the other (mine) that stores the ref. to the Mobile.

Just somea the different pros/cons when storing the vars as opposed to the the ref.

And btw, just hafat mention this, my "bugs" in mine as you put it were caused by another scripts unrelated to mine but was brought to light with mine making it look like my fault ;-p

Edit: Oops, missed the ref. nto mobile in script. but.. Why have both?

Kamron

Knight
It has a reference to the mobile, look at this:

Code:
		private BaseCreature m_Mob;

The complete redundency is uneccessary and just wastes memory. Therefore, unfortunately, this is a bad version to use for large shards. But, any changes (which are rare, but happen) to the creature while it is Internalized, is not expressed by the shrunken Item.

dragonlady

Sorceror
can anyone help me with this problem, when you shrink your dragon, the dragon's sex changes, im having a big time problem on my shard with it and not sure what to do, any help :confused:

bone

Wanderer
Hey I think this system is great and my players will love it, but i had a question I just downloaded it and I was curious if they can gain animal taming and lore skill off making these items. Thanks for all your help and this script is awesome.

I was also wondering if you could make it so potions could go in potion kegs so players could put them in kegs and sell them or store them for whatever reason. I tried to do this but failed heres what i tried.
Down at the bottom of PotionKeg.cs theres this

public BasePotion FillBottle()
{
switch ( m_Type )
{
default:
case PotionEffect.Nightsight: return new NightSightPotion();

case PotionEffect.CureLesser: return new LesserCurePotion();
case PotionEffect.Cure: return new CurePotion();
case PotionEffect.CureGreater: return new GreaterCurePotion();

case PotionEffect.Agility: return new AgilityPotion();
case PotionEffect.AgilityGreater: return new GreaterAgilityPotion();

case PotionEffect.Strength: return new StrengthPotion();
case PotionEffect.StrengthGreater: return new GreaterStrengthPotion();

case PotionEffect.PoisonLesser: return new LesserPoisonPotion();
case PotionEffect.Poison: return new PoisonPotion();
case PotionEffect.PoisonGreater: return new GreaterPoisonPotion();
case PotionEffect.PoisonDeadly: return new DeadlyPoisonPotion();

case PotionEffect.Refresh: return new RefreshPotion();
case PotionEffect.RefreshTotal: return new TotalRefreshPotion();

case PotionEffect.HealLesser: return new LesserHealPotion();
case PotionEffect.Heal: return new HealPotion();
case PotionEffect.HealGreater: return new GreaterHealPotion();

case PotionEffect.ExplosionLesser: return new LesserExplosionPotion();
case PotionEffect.Explosion: return new ExplosionPotion();
case PotionEffect.ExplosionGreater: return new GreaterExplosionPotion();

}
}

I tried editing it to look like this

public BasePotion FillBottle()
{
switch ( m_Type )
{
default:
case PotionEffect.Nightsight: return new NightSightPotion();

case PotionEffect.CureLesser: return new LesserCurePotion();
case PotionEffect.Cure: return new CurePotion();
case PotionEffect.CureGreater: return new GreaterCurePotion();

case PotionEffect.Agility: return new AgilityPotion();
case PotionEffect.AgilityGreater: return new GreaterAgilityPotion();

case PotionEffect.Strength: return new StrengthPotion();
case PotionEffect.StrengthGreater: return new GreaterStrengthPotion();

case PotionEffect.PoisonLesser: return new LesserPoisonPotion();
case PotionEffect.Poison: return new PoisonPotion();
case PotionEffect.PoisonGreater: return new GreaterPoisonPotion();
case PotionEffect.PoisonDeadly: return new DeadlyPoisonPotion();

case PotionEffect.Refresh: return new RefreshPotion();
case PotionEffect.RefreshTotal: return new TotalRefreshPotion();

case PotionEffect.HealLesser: return new LesserHealPotion();
case PotionEffect.Heal: return new HealPotion();
case PotionEffect.HealGreater: return new GreaterHealPotion();

case PotionEffect.ExplosionLesser: return new LesserExplosionPotion();
case PotionEffect.Explosion: return new ExplosionPotion();
case PotionEffect.ExplosionGreater: return new GreaterExplosionPotion();

case PotionEffect.PetCure: return new PetCurePotion();
case PotionEffect.PetGreater: return new PetGreaterCurePotion();

case PotionEffect.PetHeal: return new PetHealPotion();
case PotionEffect.PetHealGreater: return new PetGreaterHealPotion();

case PotionEffect.PetRes: return new PetResPotion();

case PotionEffect.Shrink: return new ShrinkPotion();
}
}

But I got the following errors,
6 errors, 0 warning
'Server.Items.PotionEffect does not contain a definition for 'PetCure'
'Server.Items.PotionEffect does not contain a definition for 'PetCureGreater'
'Server.Items.PotionEffect does not contain a definition for 'PetHeal'
'Server.Items.PotionEffect does not contain a definition for 'PetHealGreater'
'Server.Items.PotionEffect does not contain a definition for 'PetRes'
'Server.Items.PotionEffect does not contain a definition for 'PetGreater'

Thats the errors I got, if anyone can help me please let me know.

tbird

Sorceror
dragonlady said:
can anyone help me with this problem, when you shrink your dragon, the dragon's sex changes, im having a big time problem on my shard with it and not sure what to do, any help :confused:

I'm trying to work out a solution to this problem also if I get it I'll post it for you.

RoninGT

Sorceror
Sorry i have been away sick for a bit. I am working on fixes for the issues as we speak. sorry for the problems give me a few hours to work the problem.

Ronin

RoninGT

Sorceror
Fixed the 2 problems with not storing gender and where if the pet was prego or had egg it would not return the pet with the immortal status..

I have plans for future update / fixes so if the pet is controlable by anyone (Horses, llamas etc) anyone can reclaim the pet reguardless of there taming.

Animal Taming bods comming soon.

Thanks for the reports on bugs and again i am very sorry i didnt get to this sooner. being sick is a pain in the .... well you get the idea.

Thanks

Ronin

RoninGT

Sorceror
Sorry for the triple post just saw the one from Bone..
Yes they will gain taming from crafting. and as far as potions to the kegs not at this time sence the potions are not really potions just items to act as potions. However that is a good item and ill work on making them so they work with kegs.

Thanks

Ronin

tbird

Sorceror
Somthing isnt right dragons coming back with 0 kp and 0 level...

Edit:
Ok Script is fine but if you haveEvo Dragons you must uncomment the evo section and the stats section or it returns your dragons to 0's

Thanks for the fix Ronin...

W

walmart

another bug

just wanted to let you know also found another bug when you get your pet changed for instince go to champ rat your pet gets changed to rat or the reaper doom tree i got gets anyone changed to reaper if any pet shrink them while turn to reaper or rat unshrink they wont change back will stay the same had to change lots players pet back to form forgot to tell you that it also happen on your old version and this version too

RoninGT

Sorceror
Are you referring to the baracoon champ? Guessing so. ill look into this one tonight thx for reporting

Ronin

RoninGT

Sorceror
Thanks walmart i have that fix posted and fixed the scripts i changed the

ShrinkPotion.cs
PetLeash.cs
HitchingPost.cs

You will have to edit the parts for evodragons if you have them on your server. However i looked into the barracoon champ and when he changes you or pet into a rat he changes your bodymod So the shrinking items will not let you shrink a pet while they are under a bodymod.

However i did not change the the gm command for shirnk so just be sure you not using that for your players and your ok.

Also a cry for help i have posted a post in script support about my taming bods i am having a problem with the large bods if anyone could lead me a hand on the subject i would be most thankful and would aid in getting them in the next release faster :)

Thanks again for reporting the bugs sorry i have had so many with this script.

Ronin

W

walmart

RoninGT said:
Not yet but i am working on that one :)

Ronin
for some reason the evolution dragon comes back after unshrunk its stage goes to 0 and its kp goes to 0 needs a fix have no clue why or what to edit to fix that

tbird

Sorceror
walmart said:
for some reason the evolution dragon comes back after unshrunk its stage goes to 0 and its kp goes to 0 needs a fix have no clue why or what to edit to fix that

I answered that above...

tbird said:
Somthing isnt right dragons coming back with 0 kp and 0 level...

Edit:
Ok Script is fine but if you have Evo Dragons you must uncomment the evo section and the stats section or it returns your dragons to 0's

W

walmart

tbird said:
I answered that above...
yes t bird i see what you said but are you saying just take pff kp and the stage part or can you just put what you mean im a little confused thank you