RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FULL Diablo 2 Style Socket System =)

LordHogFred

Knight
Unfortunatly at the moment this won't work with non AoS, however you are more than welcome to edit my scripts to let it support non AoS and I will even look into it for you as well :)

how are play suppose to get this stuff
"talking about weapons not gems

The distribution of the socketed weapons and armors is entirely up to you. You could add them to a vendor or the monster loot or make them craftable.

No 'default' distribution method is provided.

Ghetto_Santa

Wanderer
Captain The First said:
The distribution of the socketed weapons and armors is entirely up to you. You could add them to a vendor or the monster loot or make them craftable.

aww ok ty

KillerBeeZ

Knight
Captain The First said:

the provided instructions for the OnBeforeDeath() in BaseCreature.cs ARE a distro method, and a good one at that.

As far as this script goes, A+

Tested on B36 with a HUGE number of custom scripts, and worked fine the 1st time, tested a few enhancements and no crashes yet, kinda expected to crash cause this is one of those scripts that would inspire me to remove something to get it to work if I had to, and it just seemed too flawless to be true, but it seems to be holding up quite well.

I can make a Cube...

Ideas on how it should be done?

I am thinking a basic Stone/Gump setup would be easiest, but easiest is not always best.

I'll need some ideas before I start on what kind of script you like to see.

Zigamus

Wanderer
the cube should be . . .

KillerBeeZ said:
the provided instructions for the OnBeforeDeath() in BaseCreature.cs ARE a distro method, and a good one at that.

As far as this script goes, A+

Tested on B36 with a HUGE number of custom scripts, and worked fine the 1st time, tested a few enhancements and no crashes yet, kinda expected to crash cause this is one of those scripts that would inspire me to remove something to get it to work if I had to, and it just seemed too flawless to be true, but it seems to be holding up quite well.

I can make a Cube...

Ideas on how it should be done?

I am thinking a basic Stone/Gump setup would be easiest, but easiest is not always best.

I'll need some ideas before I start on what kind of script you like to see.

The CUBE should be more like a pouch inside your backpack, it is a place that either allows combining items to make a special item, or to allow you to carry more 'enhancers' in an active place on your person. In Diablo it is an item that takes 4 places in your inventory, but provides 12 spots inside it, and since carrying totems and stuff allow their active properties to effect you, this lets you carry more such active items.

This is somewhat different in UO. So I assume they want the cube for it's ability to create special items from pieces. Sounds like a gump would be the way to go. A small item carried in the pack, that when clicked opens a gump displaying the items in it and offering a "COMBINE" button to activate it.

slithers

Sorceror
I invision something more alchemical in appearance. Maybe somekind of table looking thing with test tubes and bottle and beakers and mortar and pestle kinda stuff.

KillerBeeZ

Knight
slithers said:
I invision something more alchemical in appearance. Maybe somekind of table looking thing with test tubes and bottle and beakers and mortar and pestle kinda stuff.

ok, an item/gump script, good I like those.

About the gump design, I think it would be best , at least insofar as this script goes, to stick as close to D2 as possible. This is the general feel the system is going for.

any other ideas?

KillerBeeZ

Knight
found a bug

its a minor bug, visual mainly.

I created a 3 socketed bow, popped in 3 perfect skulls... works fine

After the server reboot I noticed it no longer tells me it has 3 perfect skulls, just says Sockets 3/3 where before, under that it said

Socket 3/3

a Perfect Skull
a Perfect Skull
a Perfect Skull

While its not a big deal, the players will enjoy knowing what to add to an item to get what they see their friends wearing

slithers

Sorceror
KillerBeeZ said:
ok, an item/gump script, good I like those.

About the gump design, I think it would be best , at least insofar as this script goes, to stick as close to D2 as possible. This is the general feel the system is going for.

any other ideas?

Well I dont Know how much time and effort you want to put into this but why not take it the full route. make some craftable or lootable subcomponets, then make the tool craftable as a piece of furniture with the appropriate componets, etc.. This can lead up to shard owners implementing a mini quest to gather the components then maybe taking them to someone with inscription to make a set of blue prints then a master carpenter to make it for them, etc. bah that maybe more work then you want to do though. lol

Well that do you know, I didn't even go back to check and simply assumed that if someone felt the need to complain about distribution it simply wasn't in there.

My mistake...

Z

Zigler

if someone can get the save info into the serials.. ill make a custom Gump for the hdro cube off d2

KillerBeeZ

Knight
Zigler said:
if someone can get the save info into the serials.. ill make a custom Gump for the hdro cube off d2

not a good idea.

Many people will never use it as most are against patches or anything that requires one.

I mean , it would be a good idea if more people had no problems patching.

On another note:

Another Bug found:

This one is important but an easy fix.

in the BaseCreature.cs edit you added this

private int m_GetChippedSocketGemRoll = Utility.Random( 6 );
private int m_GetFlawedSocketGemRoll = Utility.Random( 6 );
private int m_GetPlainSocketGemRoll = Utility.Random( 6 );
private int m_GetFlawlessSocketGemRoll = Utility.Random( 6 );
private int m_GetPerfectSocketGemRoll = Utility.Random( 6 );

but there are 7 gems, so if you dont change the 6's to 7's noone will ever get a Topaz

Also (and this is not a bug, just a balance issue) Do you realize that a perfect topaz in armor gives 240 luck?

With 6 parts of armor times 3 sockets a player can get 4320 luck. not counting the extra for weapon, shield, or jewlery.

On my shard I changed the Topaz luck to 10 for chipped up to 50 for perfect, thats a total of 900 luck with a full set.

Also I will be changing a few of the items. Such as the amount of max sockets on some items.

In D2 the max for a helm is 3 but the max for some things is 6

Since the max for the normal things that would have been 6 is now 3, I feel some things need to be reduced to balance it, such as helms and gorgets.

I think gorgets need a max of 1, helms 2, only a heater shield will have 3, the rest 2 except the buckler with 1. Gloves 1, arms 2, legs and tunic can stay at 3 but I say 1 hnd weapons need to be 2.

The number of sockets mainly depends on the shard, but as it is, it can make a player near godlike... imagine

Player gets a full 3 sockets armor set and fills them up with p topazes, he has the luck to just "find" godly socketed stuff, then add more gems to it and run a shard.

plus, while you cannot enhance socketed items via the smithing menu, you can still spellcraft them if you have that on your shard. I do like this ability but at least on my shard, I will need to balance both systems so as to not make godly armor.

I think they can both work well together

Z

Zigler

this system works fine on my server. no Insurance.. help make players lose enough items not to be godlike.. on top of my custom repain script that break items pretty fast.. one thing though ... sockets are saving? not sure if its just me or not.. anyone else have a problem with this on reboot?

Z

Zigler

actually i have the gump alrdy done if you want a copy ill be glad to share.. i dont have it scripted yet.. havent done much gump work.. but ill make a mul builder patch for it if you want

Bionyt

Wanderer
Very good script no matter who made it. It works good and with 89 socketed items there are many combos u can make, better way to let player's make there own magical items for chance instead of make new scripts..

Good Job on this

LordHogFred

Knight
Well I'm glad people like this system :D

However I've seen regular psosts saying that there is a balance issue, I am thinking of releasing an update soon with the socket jewels coded into the LootPack.cs to allow for better jewel distribution. Also due to the posts on balance what would people think if I removed all items of armour except for Helms and Chests, that way it would be just like D2 ?

Just wanted to ask to see if people think it would be a good idea

Thanks,

Zeal

Wanderer
KillerBeeZ said:
Another Bug found:

This one is important but an easy fix.

in the BaseCreature.cs edit you added this

private int m_GetChippedSocketGemRoll = Utility.Random( 6 );
private int m_GetFlawedSocketGemRoll = Utility.Random( 6 );
private int m_GetPlainSocketGemRoll = Utility.Random( 6 );
private int m_GetFlawlessSocketGemRoll = Utility.Random( 6 );
private int m_GetPerfectSocketGemRoll = Utility.Random( 6 );

but there are 7 gems, so if you dont change the 6's to 7's noone will ever get a Topaz

That is untrue, the counting is base 0, so 0 is a number. If you changed them to 7's, then your server would crash when a 7 was rolled. Well, it would not crash necessarily, but nothing would happen.