RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FULL Diablo 2 Style Socket System =)

KillerBeeZ

Knight
Kasumix said:
that would be great. no for sure im not in a hurry and it would be great if u could update it. about the socket-drops... i dont need to edit aynthing that theyr dropable with high luck... and whats high luck for u ?

I'll work on the cube

any luck will do it I think really, its just the higher the better the chance and better magic

Kasumix

Wanderer
Magic Items with Sockels

i got the newst version and i use the loot.cs and the lootpack.cs. i killed a bunch of monsters with a diffrent amounth of luck but never got a socklet weapon.... i think i need to add somthing to a script but i have no clue to wich one and what i should add. are u sure that when i use theese script it should drop magic items with sockles ?

thy for help

KillerBeeZ

Knight
Kasumix said:
i got the newst version and i use the loot.cs and the lootpack.cs. i killed a bunch of monsters with a diffrent amounth of luck but never got a socklet weapon.... i think i need to add somthing to a script but i have no clue to wich one and what i should add. are u sure that when i use theese script it should drop magic items with sockles ?

thy for help

I am VERY sure, tested and works.

its not common to get a magic weapon from luck, let alone a socketed item, so it will take a long time to get one... which is as it should be.

Also, give me some ideas on what the cube should do

Kasumix

Wanderer
hmm spechial do you know in what script it is scripted that magic items drop with sockles ?

and the Cube...I think it would be the best, when u could do a smal box and then once there are 3 of the same sort inside it changes em to 1 of the higher. perfect is that system with a gump where u could press generate or somthing. also the cube should be able to make a sockle on a magic item. i saw on your lastversion there was it 6 perf topaz for the socklet weaopn but then a normal weaopn with random sockles on it spawns. thats to bad for 6 perf gems i think i should put with the 6 topaz a weapon in the cube and then it makes a sockle to this weaopn.

KillerBeeZ

Knight
Kasumix said:
hmm spechial do you know in what script it is scripted that magic items drop with sockles ?

and the Cube...I think it would be the best, when u could do a smal box and then once there are 3 of the same sort inside it changes em to 1 of the higher. perfect is that system with a gump where u could press generate or somthing. also the cube should be able to make a sockle on a magic item. i saw on your lastversion there was it 6 perf topaz for the socklet weaopn but then a normal weaopn with random sockles on it spawns. thats to bad for 6 perf gems i think i should put with the 6 topaz a weapon in the cube and then it makes a sockle to this weaopn.

you cannot make a normal weapon into a socketed one, however, it might be possible to generate a magic one, you have to delete the item you add to it and make a new item with sockets.

I'll look into it... more recipies are welcomed

Kasumix

Wanderer
im realy new in scripting but isent there a way to make Sockles like an atribut of a weapon. then u could do a part that just changes the props of the item like a hue command

KillerBeeZ

Knight
Kasumix said:
im realy new in scripting but isent there a way to make Sockles like an atribut of a weapon. then u could do a part that just changes the props of the item like a hue command

it is an attribute, but only on the socketed items. The default items dont have that property, the only way to change this is in BaseWeapon (or basearmor and such) and thats not a good idea

KillerBeeZ

Knight
flowerbudd said:
Has anyone successfully removed this system without having to sit and delete at server startup every single affected item?

you can delete the items in game if you like, using

[global delete where basesocketedweapon
[global delete where basesocketedarmor
[global delete where basesocketedsheild
[global delete where chippedruby
[global delete where flawedruby

and going through them that way I believe. I haven't tested it, but might do so later today.

but in any case, its just as tedious

I might make a socket system remover if it becomes needed

Kasumix

Wanderer
i mean that a weapon with other attributs dropps than just sockels like:

32%dmg inc
5% ssi
40% mana lich

0/2 sockels

somthing like that... is that possible without edditing anything ?

KillerBeeZ

Knight
Kasumix said:
i mean that a weapon with other attributs dropps than just sockels like:

32%dmg inc
5% ssi
40% mana lich

0/2 sockels

somthing like that... is that possible without edditing anything ?

I already said it is possible using luck

Rob24

Sorceror
lil bug i think

Nice system I like it a lote But umm I have a lil bug on it tho
When you put on a Sockels

Ok say it have
+5% NrgyAres - +90Luck - +3% NrgyRes
Well on the Sockel item Dont add it but on the 1/3 So is That a bug or can you fix it for me or say how then I can But I well love this more it add what it say on the Topaz have ok ty for your time

KillerBeeZ

Knight
whats with "sockels"? its supposed to be "sockets" one person makes it a curiosity, but more than that and there must be a reason...

is it a bad translation?

as far as your bug Rob, I really have no idea what your asking, and normally I'm very good at interpereting translated English

Rob24

Sorceror
KillerBeeZ said:
whats with "sockels"? its supposed to be "sockets" one person makes it a curiosity, but more than that and there must be a reason...

is it a bad translation?

as far as your bug Rob, I really have no idea what your asking, and normally I'm very good at interpereting translated English

Well Sorry for my spelling its not good

Anywho when you put something on the Sockets like a rube or gem it have like +3 this +10 that +4luck and So on ok but when you put it on a item all it give you is a 1/3 and it sau rube on it That is it OOO and it Color the item So Do you get me now???

Miles84

Wanderer
HI, I downloaded the socket system...I replaced lootpack and loot....I added all the other scripts...I am not seeing any gems when I kill monsters...I have killed tons and have not found a single gem....what might be the problem?...am i suppose to manualy add these gems to all the creatures? lol any help would be greatly appreciated...

LordHogFred

Knight
Ok due to the VERY low drop rates on the gems I am going to submit an increased drop rate lootpack for the socket gems :)

Here you go,
Enjoy :),

Attachments

• LootPack.cs
    33.9 KB · Views: 61

LordHogFred

Knight
Rob24 said:
Well Sorry for my spelling its not good

Anywho when you put something on the Sockets like a rube or gem it have like +3 this +10 that +4luck and So on ok but when you put it on a item all it give you is a 1/3 and it sau rube on it That is it OOO and it Color the item So Do you get me now???

It will only apply one of the attributes that it specifies on the gem to certain items. For example if u put an emerald in a helmet the helmet will get +3 dex BUT if you put the same type of emerald in an axe it will give +5 poison area damage. Hope that helps you.

P.S. sorry for the double post :eek:

I've got one of the older versions of this system and it's all working fine so not really needing to upgrade, but does this newer version support custom item names AND sockets in the same item? In my current system it messes the properties up completely if I change the itemname.