RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Full instructions for myrunuo (02/13/04)

Zulu

Wanderer
Spectre51 said:
So any update on using the trans.gif for our myrunuo page? I get the black background no matter what

Try restarting your IIS, service. Sometimes IIS caches images and look the same as old images. ONce you restart the iis service, it will fix it.

LtLDevil

Wanderer
I tried that Zulu, I still have a black background.. :eek:

Zulu said:
Try restarting your IIS, service. Sometimes IIS caches images and look the same as old images. ONce you restart the iis service, it will fix it.

Zulu

Wanderer
Problems with black background???

Load paperdoll.aspx find the following CODE...

Code:
System.Drawing.Image fileImg =  System.Drawing.Bitmap.FromFile(Server.MapPath("bg_black.jpg"));

CHANGE bg_black.jpg to the NEW / different image.

The reason I have the 3 different types of images, the transparent one does not work that well. bg_trans.gif

Its best to use the white or black background version. If you have different wallpaper on your site, change the white to your wall paper.

LtLDevil

Wanderer
:rolleyes:

I did that first... It doesn't matter which image you put there, it is always black...
I tired all three, I tried renaming the trans to black or to white, it still comes out black... :eek:

Zulu said:
Problems with black background???

Load paperdoll.aspx find the following CODE...

Code:
System.Drawing.Image fileImg =  System.Drawing.Bitmap.FromFile(Server.MapPath("bg_black.jpg"));

CHANGE bg_black.jpg to the NEW / different image.

The reason I have the 3 different types of images, the transparent one does not work that well. bg_trans.gif

Its best to use the white or black background version. If you have different wallpaper on your site, change the white to your wall paper.

DaLaw66

Sorceror
Hmmm

Ok, so its working, but it gives me a Red X, and yes, I have read the pdf, I just wana know how do I give asp.net permission to access my UO folder ...
Cause, When I select properties, The only thing near Security is Sharing (im on win XP)
Anyone know how to do this ?

Zulu

Wanderer
DaLaw66 said:
Ok, so its working, but it gives me a Red X, and yes, I have read the pdf, I just wana know how do I give asp.net permission to access my UO folder ...
Cause, When I select properties, The only thing near Security is Sharing (im on win XP) Anyone know how to do this ?

It sounds like you are NOT using NTSF... from a command prompt, type the following command. You should replace the c: with the drive letter your IIS is on.

Code:
c:>convert c: /FS:NTFS

This is how the security should look

this is the command to convert to NTSF

jaynigs

Wanderer
DaLaw66 said:
Cause, When I select properties, The only thing near Security is Sharing (im on win XP)
Anyone know how to do this ?

I have to say that i think you need to boot into safe mode, i cant see this having anything to do with ntfs on xp, but i could be wrong..

Here is what u should try, on reboot hit F8 just after post (before windows even tries to boot), choose safe mode and then you should find the security options you need.

Vini

Wanderer
Hey Zulu I have just remembered that there is a small detail that have to be chenged in MyRunUOStatus.cs

The problem is that staff members are not shown in the /status.asp list but they are counted in the "Online players" counter. To make that go away go in the MyRunUOStatus.cs to the aprox line 61 find
Code:
if ( mob != null )
and change it to
Code:
if ( mob != null && mob.AccessLevel < Config.HiddenAccessLevel )

Thats pretty much it.

PS: Awesome work thou.
PPS: Ah and I've got a question about "public static bool LoadDataInFile = true;"
What does this thing exactly do? Its just in default RC0 it is set to 'true' and in your latest release it is set to 'false'. I'm just curious what this thing does and how does it work.

tobagin

Sorceror
Zulu said:
It sounds like you are NOT using NTSF... from a command prompt, type the following command. You should replace the c: with the drive letter your IIS is on.

Code:
c:>convert c: /FS:NTFS

This is how the security should look

this is the command to convert to NTSF

is this the same for WinXP Pro? My XP drive is NTFS
but I can't find security on my folder!

Zulu

Wanderer
Vini said:
1) The problem is that staff members are not shown in the /status.asp list but they are counted in the "Online players" counter.

2) PPS: Ah and I've got a question about "public static bool LoadDataInFile = true;"
What does this thing exactly do? Its just in default RC0 it is set to 'true' and in your latest release it is set to 'false'.

1) Nice catch on the error and great fix. I have put the fix in for the update.

2) That should be set to true, it was set to false by mistake. It allows optimized table loading.

Zulu

Wanderer
tobagin said:
is this the same for WinXP Pro? My XP drive is NTFS
but I can't find security on my folder!

yes, it should be the same for winxp. I run windows 2k, and not sure what needs to be done to turn it on. Maybe check to see if you have to convert your drive to dynamic instead of a basic drive??

Vini

Wanderer
No problem with the fixes.

I have just find one monor bug right now in your status. You have a player with name Azz'Taroth and it is showing incorrectly when you are looking in his paperdoll.

The ' is replased with &#39 ... You sould probably check where it is send to display and check for decoding of special characters.

MarkC777

Wanderer
MS SQL 2000 Issues

I'm running Win 2k on all boxes. MS SQL 2000 is running on a separate server on the same network. After making the modifications to config.cs per Ceday on page 1 of this thread, I finally got the shard talking to the database. The web portion is working fine as far as I can tell (the player count updates correctly on status.asp), but I'm getting errors when the shard goes to update the character database:

Code:
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...done (0 errors, 0 warnings)
Scripts: Compiling VB.net scripts...no files found.
Scripts: Verifying...done (1630 items, 451 mobiles)
World: Loading...done (133060 items, 14022 mobiles) (25.2 seconds)
Regions: Loading...done
Address: 127.0.0.1:2593
Address: 10.0.0.81:2593
MyRunUO: Updating status database
MyRunUO: Updating character database
MyRunUO: Status database updated in 7.2 seconds
MyRunUO: Exception caught in database thread
System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [42000] [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver
][SQL Server]Line 1: Incorrect syntax near 'DATA'.
   at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.HandleError(HandleRef hrHandle, SQL_HANDLE
 hType, RETCODE retcode)
   at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcCommand.ExecuteReaderObject(CommandBehavior behavior,
 String method)
   at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
   at Server.Engines.MyRunUO.DatabaseCommandQueue.Thread_Start()
MyRunUO: Database statements compiled in 68.07 seconds
MyRunUO: Characeter database updated in 1.6 seconds

The status table updates properly, but the characters table remains empty. I believe it may be the SQL statement syntax, but that's as far as I can think it through. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance,
Mark

ditmar

Wanderer
MarkC777 said:
I'm running Win 2k on all boxes. MS SQL 2000 is running on a separate server on the same network. After making the modifications to config.cs per Ceday on page 1 of this thread, I finally got the shard talking to the database. The web portion is working fine as far as I can tell (the player count updates correctly on status.asp), but I'm getting errors when the shard goes to update the character database:

Code:
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...done (0 errors, 0 warnings)
Scripts: Compiling VB.net scripts...no files found.
Scripts: Verifying...done (1630 items, 451 mobiles)
World: Loading...done (133060 items, 14022 mobiles) (25.2 seconds)
Regions: Loading...done
Address: 127.0.0.1:2593
Address: 10.0.0.81:2593
MyRunUO: Updating status database
MyRunUO: Updating character database
MyRunUO: Status database updated in 7.2 seconds
MyRunUO: Exception caught in database thread
System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [42000] [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver
][SQL Server]Line 1: Incorrect syntax near 'DATA'.
   at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.HandleError(HandleRef hrHandle, SQL_HANDLE
 hType, RETCODE retcode)
   at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcCommand.ExecuteReaderObject(CommandBehavior behavior,
 String method)
   at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
   at Server.Engines.MyRunUO.DatabaseCommandQueue.Thread_Start()
MyRunUO: Database statements compiled in 68.07 seconds
MyRunUO: Characeter database updated in 1.6 seconds

The status table updates properly, but the characters table remains empty. I believe it may be the SQL statement syntax, but that's as far as I can think it through. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance,
Mark

Was just about to post the same error. I downloaded the myrunuo zipfile yesterday, maybe something has changed within it lately. I get this error on MYSQL not MS SQL. Also both webserver and database and Runuo are on the same server.

Admin Ditmar.

Rokam

Wanderer
I'm using winxp too, and I'm getting the red X too... Anyone have a sollution... I've tried changing the ASPNET group to administrator, but no success...

T

tao4mike

erm..seems I may be a lil late on this one...and possibly entirely off base :p Anyhow I caught a glimpse of something about permissions? Dunno if this is what you need, but may want to make sure you are not using simple file sharing. In windows explorer click on the TOOLS menu then on FOLDER OPTIONS then choose the VIEW tab and scroll to the bottom and make sure SIMPLE FILE SHARING is not checked. Unchecking that will allow you to have more control over permissions. If this post is totally out of the park please dismiss it, it's late and I did not read through all of the posts!

mike

Contessa

Wanderer
Please help

I am trying to set up MYSQL on my computer and I have been following the instructions under myrunuo.pdf and I am fine up until Installing Internet Information Services (IIS). I go into Add/Remove Programs but I do not see Add/Remove Windows Components. Where would I find this?

If I skip this and go on to Run>cmd I get an error message telling me that Windows cannot find 'cmd'. Please help.

After checking the MYSQL website on how to secure Initial MySQL Accounts the instructions say to create new password and to type "mysql -u root mysql" Where do I type this??

Sorry for being totally lost. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Contessa

Sommy

Sorceror
This type of page is not served

hello thus I has a small problem. I have to install everything for the guidance tried. also so far functions it has also no error messages indicated only one problem has I. as soon as I try lead in the web browser to call (HTTP:/localhost/) get-calibrate the message

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This type of page is not served.
Description: The type of page you have requested is not served because it has been explicitly forbidden. The extension '.asp' may be incorrect. Please review the URL below and make sure that it is spelled correctly.
:(

can me help please

sorry for my english
i translate german to english with google