RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Full instructions for myrunuo (02/13/04)

LtLDevil

Wanderer
Hey Jaynigs,

Stop your server, and replace the files in the \scripts\Engines\MyRunUO folder, with those that come in zulus distro. Make sure you add the information into config.cs..

There may also my a mysql edit towards the beginning of this thread which may or may not pertain to the issue your having..
Let me know if this takes care of ya! :D
Devil

jaynigs said:
Hi i have everything up and running, however i have a slight problem..

i get this error (which i didnt get before, and happened since i updated the database with 397 players)

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0009'
Subscript out of range: '[number: 1]'

/myrunuo/players.asp, line 113

i can view all players fine with searchplayer.asp and they all show paperdolls and guilds etc, its just the players.asp that isnt working..

Any ideas? im assumig that there is a maximum value set on the array and its being exceded?

on a side note i used this command ingame to set everyone true on publicmyruno

[global set publicmyrunuo true where playermobile

i then set admin and gms to false

System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [HY000] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-4
.0.18-standard]Column count doesn't match value count at row 1
at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.HandleError(HandleRef hrHandle, SQL_HANDLE
hType, RETCODE retcode)
at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcCommand.ExecuteReaderObject(CommandBehavior behavior,
String method)
at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
at Server.Engines.MyRunUO.DatabaseCommandQueue.Thread_Start()
MyRunUO: Status database updated in 2.6 seconds

get the above error also

ok ive worked out what it is, when a player with no notoriety title is added to public myrunuo then it brings up the above error... ive edited the players.asp file temporarily so it now shows allstuff(0) instead of allstuff(1).

now my playerlist displays in full, but obviously now i get the playername repeated twice instead of his name followed by notoriety

weaselboy246

Wanderer
ummm.....
about that zip...does the MyRunUO folder replace the old one in engines? And do you put the rest of the files on the webserver? you know that file should come with a readme...

Also... does anyone have the proper directions to install the Apache hack( i guess that's what it's called..) for ASP?

LtLDevil

Wanderer
Hi Weaselboy,

Yes, you should replace the files in the MyRUNUO folder, I would make a backup of those files though. :eek:

For more info, I have just completed a walkthrough which may be of some assistance. You may view it here.

Devil! :D

weaselboy246 said:
ummm.....
about that zip...does the MyRunUO folder replace the old one in engines? And do you put the rest of the files on the webserver? you know that file should come with a readme...

Also... does anyone have the proper directions to install the Apache hack( i guess that's what it's called..) for ASP?

jaynigs

Wanderer
I kept the RunUO 1.0 Files and edited them (as i showed in my last post).

It was only a small change, And everything is working fine now,

Thanks for your advice tho LtlDvil

jevansfl

Wanderer
One more quick question for you all.. Is anyone having problems using the transparent background for the paperdoll? My background always stays black. Any Suggestions?

And yes I changed paperdoll.aspx to use the trans file..

Thanks

Vini

Wanderer
jaynigs said:
System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [HY000] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-4
.0.18-standard]Column count doesn't match value count at row 1
at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.HandleError(HandleRef hrHandle, SQL_HANDLE
hType, RETCODE retcode)
at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcCommand.ExecuteReaderObject(CommandBehavior behavior,
String method)
at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
at Server.Engines.MyRunUO.DatabaseCommandQueue.Thread_Start()
MyRunUO: Status database updated in 2.6 seconds

ok for those of you with the above error the fix is quite simple for runuo 1.0..

find and change this part of the code in MyRunUO.cs

Code:
string notoTitle = SafeString( Titles.ComputeTitle( null, mob ) );

change to

Code:
string notoTitle = SafeString( Titles.ComputeTitle( mob, mob ) );
I have tried this change that you have suggested. That did not do it for me. I'm still getting that same error in the console that I was getting b4.

Anyone have any ideas what else can be done? I know that I can use files from b36 but I wonder if anyone have worked it out with RC0 files...

jevansfl

Wanderer
Vini said:
I have tried this change that you have suggested. That did not do it for me. I'm still getting that same error in the console that I was getting b4.

Anyone have any ideas what else can be done? I know that I can use files from b36 but I wonder if anyone have worked it out with RC0 files...

I got it working with the RC0 files with some modifications... I will post my fix when I get home from work.

Thanks

jevansfl said:
Is anyone having problems using the transparent background for the paperdoll?
There's some specific asp code that allows transparent backgrounds, unfortunately the code Zulu uses doesn't incorporate that code, it's more of a jpg drawer than a gif drawer. And I'm not proficient enough at asp to adapt it, but if you have a solid color background, just photoedit the gump image using the same color for the background. If you are using an image background, that's a bit more problematic because it looks like it scales it somewhat, like mine has a scroll background but the pattern is a bit scrunched. It doesn't look perfect but it's better than black.

As far as getting the R0 script files to work, it really needs the asp rewritten than to hack the cs files into making it cooperate, since you'll end up with double titles or no titles at all. I'd be interested to see how well it works for me, but I don't think I want to break what isn't broken for my installation.

jevansfl

Wanderer
Lyephsa_Bytche said:
There's some specific asp code that allows transparent backgrounds, unfortunately the code Zulu uses doesn't incorporate that code, it's more of a jpg drawer than a gif drawer. And I'm not proficient enough at asp to adapt it, but if you have a solid color background, just photoedit the gump image using the same color for the background. If you are using an image background, that's a bit more problematic because it looks like it scales it somewhat, like mine has a scroll background but the pattern is a bit scrunched. It doesn't look perfect but it's better than black.

I think I figured out what I need to do. Ill post the results when I get home and test it.

Lyephsa_Bytche said:
As far as getting the R0 script files to work, it really needs the asp rewritten than to hack the cs files into making it cooperate, since you'll end up with double titles or no titles at all. I'd be interested to see how well it works for me, but I don't think I want to break what isn't broken for my installation.

There is one SQL statement that needs changed in the myrunuostatus.cs file and 2 bits of code need edited in the .asp code. I am also in the middle of redesigning the .asp into ASP.Net. I will post the current changes when I get home, and the ASP.NET code when it is finished..

Thanks

jevansfl

Wanderer
To use the default 1.0 myrunuo with zulu's asp files you will need to make the following changes:

In the runuostatus.cs file replace this line

Code:
m_Command.Enqueue( String.Format( "INSERT INTO myrunuo_status VALUES ({0})", mob.Serial.Value.ToString() ) );

with

Code:
m_Command.Enqueue( String.Format( "INSERT INTO myrunuo_status (char_id, char_location, char_map, char_Karma, char_fame) VALUES ({0},'{1},{2},{3}','{4}',{5},{6})", mob.Serial.Value.ToString(), mob.X.ToString(),mob.Y.ToString(),mob.Z.ToString(), mob.Map, mob.Karma, mob.Fame  ));

in players.asp comment this line

Code:
' temp = ", " & allstuff(1)

I know there is one more mod that need to be done to one more file... Very similar to the one above. I am not at home so I cant winmerge them. Just run it and see what errors out. I cant give line numbers as mine is custom to my shard..

Thanks,

Jevansfl

jaynigs

Wanderer
jevansfl said:
I got it working with the RC0 files with some modifications... I will post my fix when I get home from work.

Thanks

I have already said how to get it working with 1.0

You definately DONT need to comment out this

Code:

as you lose the titles in the player list..

All you need to do is make the change to MyRunuo.cs that i posted the other day!! its a simple edit.

Bottom of this page..

http://www.runuo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25551&page=16&pp=15

The Myrunuostatus needs changing tho, i just replaced it with the one i got from b36. And thats it, job done

jevansfl

Wanderer
jaynigs said:
I have already said how to get it working with 1.0

You definately DONT need to comment out this

Code:

as you lose the titles in the player list..

All you need to do is make the change to MyRunuo.cs that i posted the other day!! its a simple edit.

Bottom of this page..

http://www.runuo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25551&page=16&pp=15

The Myrunuostatus needs changing tho, i just replaced it with the one i got from b36. And thats it, job done

Thank you for pointing that out, I just realised that the the titles are missing from the list.

That fix by itself did not work for me tho.. I dont know vb all that well, but Ill look into why when I get home

Thanks

jaynigs

Wanderer
jevansfl said:
Thank you for pointing that out, I just realised that the the titles are missing from the list.

That fix by itself did not work for me tho.. I dont know vb all that well, but Ill look into why when I get home

Thanks

Hmm , i dont see how it wont work for you? the reason the error is produced (the one saying "column doesnt match value count at row 1") is due to this code in myrunuo.cs

Code:

Its passing on a "null" to the database where it should be passing on the notoriety string.

Since you have the thing partially working im assuming your database it set up correctly and that fix should work fine.

Here is mine, and its runuo 1.0, it needs some tweaking of colours and text, but i can do that later when i have more time...

http://jaynigs.no-ip.com/myrunuo/status.asp

Mysql database is offline at the moment (host problem), so check later...

DaLaw66

Sorceror
I get an error when I start up my server, everything is configured ...
Heres what I get ...
MyRunUO: Unable to connect to database
System.Data.obdc.obdcexeption: ERROR [HYC00] (bla bla bla) Transactions are not enabled
and some more errors, it doesnt crash the server though so no Log either.
Help anyone? :)

LtLDevil

Wanderer
DaLaw,

Install the ODBC mysql driver.

You can download it here...
http://www.mysql.com/downloads/api-myodbc-3.51.html

Devil ;)

DaLaw66 said:
I get an error when I start up my server, everything is configured ...
Heres what I get ...
MyRunUO: Unable to connect to database
System.Data.obdc.obdcexeption: ERROR [HYC00] (bla bla bla) Transactions are not enabled
and some more errors, it doesnt crash the server though so no Log either.
Help anyone? :)

jevansfl

Wanderer
jaynigs said:
Hmm , i dont see how it wont work for you? the reason the error is produced (the one saying "column doesnt match value count at row 1") is due to this code in myrunuo.cs

Code:

Its passing on a "null" to the database where it should be passing on the notoriety string.

Since you have the thing partially working im assuming your database it set up correctly and that fix should work fine.

Here is mine, and its runuo 1.0, it needs some tweaking of colours and text, but i can do that later when i have more time...

http://jaynigs.no-ip.com/myrunuo/status.asp

Mysql database is offline at the moment (host problem), so check later...

Everythings good now, I uncommented that from my asp files and everything works. I must have tested it b4 I applied your fix..

http://66.237.248.20/players.asp

LtLDevil

Wanderer
Uninstall it then restart reinstall it..
The error is pertaining to you odbc driver, its not finding it, or there is something wrong with it..
phpmyadmin, won't make a difference at all, with that error.. All phpmyadmin does is provide a web gui to manage mysql... It in no way interferes with the odbc connector..

DaLaw66 said:
I did so, im running phpMyAdmin with MySQL in it, :/
Still gettin that error