RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Full instructions for myrunuo (02/13/04)

LtLDevil

Wanderer
Didn't work..

Lyephsa,

I tried what you recommended and placed the gump.mul in the d:/myrunuo/bin folder. I still can't get the page to load. :(
Any other suggestions..

Thanks,
Devil :eek:

Lyephsa_Bytche said:
After having problems with v.1.0 MyRunUO, I tried for grins and giggles the old B36 scripts, and they worked just fine. So apparently something has changed in the v1.0 scripts to cause it to choke on that line in the asp files referring to the noto or profession title in public player displays.

@LtLDevil: Try tossing that mul file for the gumps in with the ultima.dll file, that fixed it for me.

LtLDevil said:
Lyephsa,

I tried what you recommended and placed the gump.mul in the d:/myrunuo/bin folder. I still can't get the page to load. :(
Any other suggestions..

Thanks,
Devil :eek:

Well, after having go flawlessly on one machine, when I installed it all on another it gave me fits. What error you getting? The out of range console message or the message generated by the paperdoll.aspx file when your character is run through it to debug?

If it's the out of range message, I fixed that by using the B36 scripts. I have yet to run the files through some compare proggy to see what's different, any suggestions on what to use?

If the aspx file error says something about one of the files being inaccessible, it's a permissions problem more than likely; try both the ultima folder ASP.NET full permissions AND the file(s) in with the dll file. I must have tried a dozen combinations of permissions but one finally took.

LtLDevil

Wanderer
This is what I get..

Lyephsa,

I don't have an issue when compiling the script, as a matter a fact i only seem to get the error when a user logs in..

Here is a screenshot of the console error: :eek:

I am running on Win 2K Server on a Dell Dimension 2GHz Proc with a gig of memory.

This is the Page error when i click the Players link on the Status page: :eek:

I have assigned Full control for aspnet on the entire directory..

Let me know if there is anything else i can provide you which will help, I have been pondering this for a few weeks now and the answers seems to elude me, thankyou for the assistance, its nice to have a fresh pair of eyes to see if i overlooked something! :rolleyes:

Once again, thanks for your help,
Devil :D

Lyephsa_Bytche said:
Well, after having go flawlessly on one machine, when I installed it all on another it gave me fits. What error you getting? The out of range console message or the message generated by the paperdoll.aspx file when your character is run through it to debug?

If it's the out of range message, I fixed that by using the B36 scripts. I have yet to run the files through some compare proggy to see what's different, any suggestions on what to use?

If the aspx file error says something about one of the files being inaccessible, it's a permissions problem more than likely; try both the ultima folder ASP.NET full permissions AND the file(s) in with the dll file. I must have tried a dozen combinations of permissions but one finally took.

LtLDevil

Wanderer
New News!!

I changed the properties in the myrunuo_characters table on the mysql database.
If you change the entry char_public from 1 to 0. Or essentially from public to private i get the players page back.

When i click on a player it shows their skills, but not there paperdoll. It show instead Private player..

Any Ideas on this..

You can see what i'm talking about at my website here:

Click the Player link....

Devil:D

LtLDevil said:
Lyephsa,

I don't have an issue when compiling the script, as a matter a fact i only seem to get the error when a user logs in..

Here is a screenshot of the console error: :eek:

I am running on Win 2K Server on a Dell Dimension 2GHz Proc with a gig of memory.

This is the Page error when i click the Players link on the Status page: :eek:

I have assigned Full control for aspnet on the entire directory..

Let me know if there is anything else i can provide you which will help, I have been pondering this for a few weeks now and the answers seems to elude me, thankyou for the assistance, its nice to have a fresh pair of eyes to see if i overlooked something! :rolleyes:

Once again, thanks for your help,

I got rid of that problem using the Zulu's B36 scripts, I haven't gotten around to comparing the scripts though. I wouldn't change the database, that's just a bandaid for the real problem.

Sorry for the delay, I've been out of circulation reintalling operating systems.

Daenil

Wanderer
ive noticed that when someone connects, the shard pretty much freezes up when the database is updating status. I have been able to just about port all MySQL over to MS SQL2000 but after this problem with updating status, i opted to just remove the mods for the MyRunUO all together. If anything comes out that does not freeze up server when updating database, let me know. The reason I use SQL2000 is due to that is the database we use on our systems and setting up a MySQL is not applicable.

LtLDevil

Wanderer
Lyephsa,

Did you use the web site .asp pages, or are you talking about the b36 mysql tables? I don't seem to have backup of the b36 pages, only what is currently in the forum, would it be possible for you to send me copies of yours to use?? :confused:
Thanks,
Devil

PS- Sorry took so long, been out of town on business... :eek:

Lyephsa_Bytche said:
I got rid of that problem using the Zulu's B36 scripts, I haven't gotten around to comparing the scripts though. I wouldn't change the database, that's just a bandaid for the real problem.

Sorry for the delay, I've been out of circulation reintalling operating systems.

LtLDevil said:
Did you use the web site .asp pages, or are you talking about the b36 mysql tables? I don't seem to have backup of the b36 pages, only what is currently in the forum
1. I zipped up the RunUO v1.0 MyRunUO script directory as backup, then replaced them with the MyRunUO script directory in the zip Zulu so kindly provides.
2. I followed the directions Zulu so kindly provides to setup the database server. It helps if you have some familiarity with IIS, and I ran pmouse's Sphere account system using ASP files when I was using Sphere, so I've had some experience with ASP.
3. After much crossing of fingers and holding of mouth correctly, got it to work. As Zulu says in his directions, much of the difficulty is getting the database server to work correctly. One thing I found was incorrect, probably due to MySQL being a newer version, is you have to run the MySQL Administration tool FIRST to create the root account, rather than doing it by command line, then the rest works fine.
4. The link for the zip file still works, getting mine won't help you out, besides of which I've customized it for my own website graphics and shard paperdoll gump. Here's my test character MyRunUO:

http://www.shardworkz.com/myrunuo/player.asp?id=824

5. Thank you Zulu for setting up the asp files, that was a major amount of work to do and hopefully will be incorporated into the distro.

Kraken

Wanderer
Location of gumpidx.mul file

Hi All,

I have been playing with this for a while now and all works well except painting the Paper Doll.

On my server I did not install the client, I simply copied the needed files to a directory and editied the DataPath.cs to point to that directory. I am assuming this is why MyRunUO will not work properly for me.

I am not apposed to installint the complete client on my server, just wanted to check before proceding.

Regards,
Kraken

You shouldn't need the complete installation, but I got error messages looking for both gumpart.mul and gumpidx.mul files, so I put them both in the bin directory. The debug method of calling the paperdoll.aspx file works great to figure out why it isn't working, so try that. It's simply using the aspx file instead of the player.asp file to display the paperdoll. Remember, you have to call it from the web server, you can't simply open it like an html file. Here's my link to show how:

Instead of the above link, use:

http://www.shardworkz.com/myrunuo/paperdoll.aspx?id=824

It may take a bit of detective work to decipher what the error is, but it will help you debug your problem. Frankly, I don't think MyRunUO utililizes the server datapath, it needs to find the files in the bin directory for the website you have MyRunUO hosted on and give the ASP.NET user total control permissions on them. At least, that's how I got it to work, you may have different results. :D

LtLDevil

Wanderer
Question?

Lyephsa,

Is there any kinda versioning on zulus files to tell which is the runuo 1.0 version and which is the runuo b36 version? :confused:
If so could you tell me which is which, I have several downloads of myrunuo, but i'm uncertain which distro contains the files you discuss.. :eek:
Thanks for your help!

Lyephsa_Bytche said:
1. I zipped up the RunUO v1.0 MyRunUO script directory as backup, then replaced them with the MyRunUO script directory in the zip Zulu so kindly provides.
2. I followed the directions Zulu so kindly provides to setup the database server. It helps if you have some familiarity with IIS, and I ran pmouse's Sphere account system using ASP files when I was using Sphere, so I've had some experience with ASP.
3. After much crossing of fingers and holding of mouth correctly, got it to work. As Zulu says in his directions, much of the difficulty is getting the database server to work correctly. One thing I found was incorrect, probably due to MySQL being a newer version, is you have to run the MySQL Administration tool FIRST to create the root account, rather than doing it by command line, then the rest works fine.
4. The link for the zip file still works, getting mine won't help you out, besides of which I've customized it for my own website graphics and shard paperdoll gump. Here's my test character MyRunUO:

http://www.shardworkz.com/myrunuo/player.asp?id=824

5. Thank you Zulu for setting up the asp files, that was a major amount of work to do and hopefully will be incorporated into the distro.

The v1.0 RunUO Distro has MyRunUO *SCRIPTS* but not the asp files. Zulu's zip has the scripts and the asp files for the version of RunUO that he authored it on, B36.

jevansfl

Wanderer
Ok, here we go...

For the most part, all things work. Howerever I have ran into 2 problems.

I am running RunUO 1.0, I tried using the default myrunuo scripts (with zulu's asp files). Everything worked except I get this error sometimes.

Code:
MyRunUO: Updating status database
MyRunUO: Exception caught in database thread
System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [HY000] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-4
.0.18-nt]Column count doesn't match value count at row 1
   at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.HandleError(HandleRef hrHandle, SQL_HANDLE
 hType, RETCODE retcode)
   at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcCommand.ExecuteReaderObject(CommandBehavior behavior,
 String method)
   at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
   at Server.Engines.MyRunUO.DatabaseCommandQueue.Thread_Start()

The other problem that I get with Zulu's ASP's and the default 1.0 .cs is any char that is set public gets this error (sometimes), if you change the char private then back public, then re-update the DB, everything is good again.

Code:
Technical Information (for support personnel)

Error Type:
Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A0009)
Subscript out of range: '[number: 1]'
/players.asp, line 135

Browser Type:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322) 

Page:
GET /players.asp 

Time:
Tuesday, May 25, 2004, 11:36:06 PM

Starts at line #132
Code:
if allrows<> -1 then
'cycle through all records and display hyper link with shard player. 
      for tempcol=0 to allrows

if (alldata(3,tempcol)="1" AND alldata(2,tempcol)<>"") then
allstuff = split(alldata(2,tempcol),", ")
charname = allstuff(0)
temp = ", " & allstuff(1)
else
charname = alldata(1,tempcol)
temp = ""
end if

Using the scripts that Zulu included I did not get any errors. However when it goes to update the database it never finishes. It just looks like this :

Code:
MyRunUO: Updating character database
MyRunUO: Database statements compiled in 0.89 seconds
MyRunUO: Updating status database
MyRunUO: Status database updated in 1.3 seconds

It never gets to this part :

Code:
MyRunUO: Characeter database updated in 11.4 seconds

Thanks for any help on this

LtLDevil

Wanderer
Excellent!

Lyephsa,

That did it, and now everything seems to be working properly!
Thanks for your help... :D

Lyephsa_Bytche said:
The v1.0 RunUO Distro has MyRunUO *SCRIPTS* but not the asp files. Zulu's zip has the scripts and the asp files for the version of RunUO that he authored it on, B36.

LtLDevil

Wanderer
Wrong Thread..

You should probably start by looking in the correct thread man.. :eek:
Try doing a search on setting up a new shard, you should find a ton of info answering all your questions on getting up and running... :cool:

Chickenfatty said:
HOW?!!?! How do I make it so people can join my shard? Do I give them my IP or what?

jaynigs

Wanderer
Hi i have everything up and running, however i have a slight problem..

i get this error (which i didnt get before, and happened since i updated the database with 397 players)

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0009'
Subscript out of range: '[number: 1]'

/myrunuo/players.asp, line 113

i can view all players fine with searchplayer.asp and they all show paperdolls and guilds etc, its just the players.asp that isnt working..

Any ideas? im assumig that there is a maximum value set on the array and its being exceded?

on a side note i used this command ingame to set everyone true on publicmyruno

[global set publicmyrunuo true where playermobile

i then set admin and gms to false

System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [HY000] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-4
.0.18-standard]Column count doesn't match value count at row 1
hType, RETCODE retcode)
String method)
MyRunUO: Status database updated in 2.6 seconds

get the above error also

ok ive worked out what it is, when a player with no notoriety title is added to public myrunuo then it brings up the above error... ive edited the players.asp file temporarily so it now shows allstuff(0) instead of allstuff(1).

now my playerlist displays in full, but obviously now i get the playername repeated twice instead of his name followed by notoriety

weaselboy246

Wanderer
Ok, say i'm using XP Home. I've got No-IP active as a system service. I use an Apache server about to switch to WebMatrix. I just installed MySQL and DLed that zip. Do i have everything required for this to work?

jaynigs

Wanderer
.0.18-standard]Column count doesn't match value count at row 1
hType, RETCODE retcode)
String method)
MyRunUO: Status database updated in 2.6 seconds

ok for those of you with the above error the fix is quite simple for runuo 1.0..

find and change this part of the code in MyRunUO.cs

Code:
string notoTitle = SafeString( Titles.ComputeTitle( null, mob ) );

change to

Code:
string notoTitle = SafeString( Titles.ComputeTitle( mob, mob ) );