RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Full instructions for myrunuo (02/13/04)

nix4

Wanderer
Getting AoS paperdoll

Is it possible to get this script to show the latest AoS paperdoll models instead of the older variety?

Mortis

Knight
LtLDevil said:
Mortis,
I would love to see some docs on how you installed and setup your server for w2k3 as i am stumped!
I look forward to seeing your post! ;)
Thanks,
Devil :D

I will Redo it on another Windows 2003 Server and Make a doc as I go along.

Easier than trying to remember all the steps from that one.

Here is a few things I did extra for now. In Web Server Extentions.

Allow ASP.NET v1.1.4322

And along with giving ASP.NET full control (not inherited)of the folder also gave it a second entry to have full control of the (Inherited from the Parent Object).

Did this by making ASP.NET the owner and then changeing owner ship back to the Administrator. I also Gave ASP.NET effective permisions.

LtLDevil

Wanderer
What is this?

This is what I'm getting now, running MySQL Locally, all tables created.
MySQL ODBC installed.
ultima.dll in bin directory.
Permissions are correct as far as i can tell.
Any ideas anyone???
Thanks for the help!
Devil

Mortis said:
I will Redo it on another Windows 2003 Server and Make a doc as I go along.

Easier than trying to remember all the steps from that one.

Here is a few things I did extra for now. In Web Server Extentions.

Allow ASP.NET v1.1.4322

And along with giving ASP.NET full control (not inherited)of the folder also gave it a second entry to have full control of the (Inherited from the Parent Object).

Did this by making ASP.NET the owner and then changeing owner ship back to the Administrator. I also Gave ASP.NET effective permisions.

sUpplier1

Wanderer
myrunuo & runuo 1.0 rc0

What is the best way to make them work together correctly?
New myrunuo scripts runuo 1.0 aren't compatible with the current database. Only 'players online' works correctly.
Now I'm using old myrunuo scripts with runuo 1.0 but there are problems with the guilds, they aren't shown at all.

LtLDevil

Wanderer
Also getting this error..

Also get this when a character is logged into shard.

Any ideas here ?
Thanks,
Devil

LtLDevil said:
This is what I'm getting now, running MySQL Locally, all tables created.
MySQL ODBC installed.
ultima.dll in bin directory.
Permissions are correct as far as i can tell.
Any ideas anyone???
Thanks for the help!
Devil

Urk

Wanderer
LtLDevil said:
Also get this when a character is logged into shard.

Any ideas here ?
Thanks,
Devil

I have the same problem. How can I fix it?
As I understand the MySQL DB structure differs from the one, supplied for B36. So, how to modify it?

LtLDevil

Wanderer
This was run on the B36 server. I just finished upgrading my serer to RC1, so i suppose that opens a whole new can of worms..

Any updates would be excellent! :D
Thanks all!
Devil

Urk said:
I have the same problem. How can I fix it?
As I understand the MySQL DB structure differs from the one, supplied for B36. So, how to modify it?

Fineous

Wanderer
I have everything working except for the paperdoll I have the security of the folder set for ASPNET Full Access but still just get a red x for the paperdoll http://finland.servegame.com/status.asp I also have the bin file with the ultima.dll but I had to make the bin file by adding a folder not to familiar with IIS perhaps I have to do something to the bin folder?

Fineous

Wanderer
Urk be sure that you replaced the old myrunuo files with the ones from the zip file. I did not overwrite mine and had that same problem.

jaynigs

Wanderer
Ok, nooob mysql question here...

I have some webspace with mysql database, it uses linux and i want to have myrunuo online..

My server obviously runs windows with net framework 1.1..

ive read the pdf document, but im unclear as to these points

1) do i still need to install mysql to the server pc?
2) does anything need to be uploaded to the online host im using?

sorry about the noob questions, hope u can help

Thanks

jay

infra001

Wanderer
I installed the system fine on my Windows 2003 Standard system.
However on queries it uses 100% cpu usage which causes "Lag Spikes"
in the game.

Is there anyway to avoid this ?
I'm not a expert in using MySQL so any suggestions would be appericated.

LtLDevil

Wanderer
You Got It To Work!

I would love to pick your brain on how you got yours to work on 2k3.. I tried for days to make it work, and i could not get it to open any pages.. I just loaded win2k server, and it works great.. :rolleyes:

I did every step the same for both installs, maybe it just shows my lack of knowledge with Microsofts new server OS. *Needs to go back to Microsoft school, perhaps*

If you could post your installation techniques, i would love to go over them, and ask a few question if you don't mind.. :p

Thanks,
Devil :eek:

infra001 said:
I installed the system fine on my Windows 2003 Standard system.
However on queries it uses 100% cpu usage which causes "Lag Spikes"
in the game.

Is there anyway to avoid this ?
I'm not a expert in using MySQL so any suggestions would be appericated.

LtLDevil

Wanderer
Something kinda funny?

I am getting a strange message though it doesn't seem to be affecting anything..

Any ideas if a change needs to be made..

Like i said, it doesn't appear to affect the server, or the info on the site, i can still view everything alright. :cool:

see for yourself: Here

I just want to know if this is normal, or is this something that needs to be fixed being that i get the error then it saves fine right after that, though it appears to error when a person connects to the server... :confused:

Thanks for the help,

infra001

Wanderer
I don't think the database is very efficient, I have 16,000 characters, and everytime the it calls a .asp script, even status.asp it has to go though the entire DBs (Characters, Character Layers) to answer the request = high CPU usage for a split second, and if your running this on a single proc system you'll going to notice ingame lag on queries.

I'm not sure if anyone else has seen this on large databases.

LtLDevil : I think your problem isn't you didn't give IIS permission to execute .asp scripts what you have to do in win23k.

LtLDevil

Wanderer
This was just kinda a fluke, it only happened this one time, and i haven't seen it anymore..
Just wondering if this was a serious issue, or just an on going quirk that hasn't been addressed yet... :confused:

Thanks for the help guys,

infra001 said:
I don't think the database is very efficient, I have 16,000 characters, and everytime the it calls a .asp script, even status.asp it has to go though the entire DBs (Characters, Character Layers) to answer the request = high CPU usage for a split second, and if your running this on a single proc system you'll going to notice ingame lag on queries.

I'm not sure if anyone else has seen this on large databases.

LtLDevil : I think your problem isn't you didn't give IIS permission to execute .asp scripts what you have to do in win23k.

LtLDevil

Wanderer
Things that make ya go hmm...

Well, i guess i have just lied to myself because i logged into the site this morning, and the players page is all jacked up..

So ignore what i stated below.... I musta got into a slight bit of retardation.. Maybe the food I ate last night... :rolleyes:

I'm gonna take a look through the scripts again, I wonder if it something to do with making the profiles public... :confused:
I have no idea, anymore.... :p

LtLDevil said:
This was just kinda a fluke, it only happened this one time, and i haven't seen it anymore..
Just wondering if this was a serious issue, or just an on going quirk that hasn't been addressed yet... :confused:

Thanks for the help guys,

Axle

Wanderer
Problem with char titles and races

We recently added a race system to our shard. Now I have a problem with the status.asp page as it gives me an out of range error on line 82. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the new title assignments of the races on the characters. Any public characters that don't select a race it will show properly. As soon as a public character logs in that has selected a race, that's when I get the out of range error. If anyone could post some suggestions as to a fix for this I would greatly appreciate it. Here is the Error it gives:

HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error
Internet Information Services

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technical Information (for support personnel)

Error Type:
Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A0009)
Subscript out of range: '[number: 1]'
/status.asp, line 82

Browser Type:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.01; Windows NT 5.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)

Page:
GET /status.asp

Time:
Friday, May 07, 2004, 12:10:39 AM

Zulu said:
****************************************************************************************
Contrary to what Phantom wants you to believe. The official release of MYRUNUO will not magically fix database problems.
  1. There won't be some magical thing that makes it work, you still HAVE to install and setup MYSQL or MS SQL 7/8.
  2. The tables will not change, the way the information is saved might change.
  3. If you can't figure it out now, when b37 comes you will be in the same boat.
  4. You will be able to take b37 scripts and overwrite your b36 scripts and everything will work.
  5. My *.asp pages might have to be changed.

After having problems with v.1.0 MyRunUO, I tried for grins and giggles the old B36 scripts, and they worked just fine. So apparently something has changed in the v1.0 scripts to cause it to choke on that line in the asp files referring to the noto or profession title in public player displays.

@LtLDevil: Try tossing that mul file for the gumps in with the ultima.dll file, that fixed it for me.